Author Topic: Finally Quit Today  (Read 1947 times)

Offline TheEngineer

• Quitter
  • Interests: Professional Engineer, husband, father, Master highpower rifle competiter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Finally Quit Today
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2012, 10:36:00 AM »
Welcome to the club. Hang in there Jimmy. We all know where you have been and what you are going through right now. Read everything on this site, join a quit group, sign roll call every morning, and regularly post some things here.

I will not wish you good luck because luck has nothing to do with quitting. YOU CAN DO THIS!

Hang tough, TheEngineer.
Quit Date: July 3, 2012

Real Americans play to win all of the time!

Offline motoaggie

• Quitter
  • Interests: hunting, hot rods.
  • Likes Given: 0
Finally Quit Today
« on: September 28, 2012, 10:26:00 AM »
Hello,

I quit today. Like many I guess I have quit a hundred times. I have been wanting to quit again for a while. But always found an excuse. I will wait until the weekend. I will quit when this can is empty. I will quit when work settles down. I have four month old twin boys. I owe it to them, to my wife, and to myself to take care of myself. I realize now I can't do this alone. That is why I am here. I need the help of this group to make this quit work.

I have been dipping since high school. I turned 35 yesterday. I can't believe I have spent almost 20 years doing something that is so bad for me. I wish I could have that time back. My dad chewed tobacco and smoked. Dipped some when i was little. He is a survivor of esophageal cancer. You would think that would enough to quit, but apparently not. I kept telling myself I am not addicted. I can quit anytime I am ready.

I started on skoal long cut. In college went to copenhagen long cut. For the past few years I have only done pouches. I told myself that was better for me.

Anyway, My name is Jimmy and I am here to quit. I am open for any advice. I can be a good listener as well if other members need to vent or help in not picking the habit back up. Maybe we can help each other.