Author Topic: Day 1  (Read 1969 times)

Offline Bootlick

• Likes Given: 0
Re: Day 1
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2011, 10:43:00 AM »
im on day 2 in december group and im fighting a constant urge .. Im probably no help at this point but im right beside ya brother ... I just keep reminding myself why im doing this why its good for me why i cant fail its not an option .... keep it up !

Offline Radman

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Family and friends. Other than that, anything outdoors....motorcycling, shooting, hunting, fishing, racing.
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2011, 09:48:00 AM »
Quote from: Scowick65
I am waiting for you to post up. Lets make this happen

'Popcorn'
Yep.... me too. Where's that "Day 2" post? Here, I'll even make it easy for you...

December HOF Roll call

The pink "WELCOME CENTER" link at the top left of this page will tell you the rest.

Get on over there, post your quit day, get to know the quitters over there, and get some numbers for support. All it takes is a PM. Reach out if you need help. I'm from the December 2010 GUARD group, and my brothers from there are standing by to help anyway we can. You can do this. We will help.

Offline LLCope

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2011, 06:49:00 AM »
Jay,

Great Choice! Get with the program. Post roll first every day and make your promise not to use. Then exchange numbers with people on this site. Then use the site to help you quit.

Post roll FIRST. We can help you quit.
"A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can do without" HD Thoreau

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2011, 05:55:00 AM »
I am waiting for you to post up. Lets make this happen

'Popcorn'

Offline steve1357

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Browns, Indians, Buckeyes.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2011, 11:31:00 PM »
Quote from: seagems
One day at a time, one day at a time. Aside from reading everything on this site, every single post, that is the best advice I can give you at the 27 day mark. Any time i start thinking about forever or long term, the cravings and mind games drive me nuts. Think about today and only today. Commit to not chewing today. You can do that. Then, tomorrow, deal with tomorrow. But for today, commit to not chewing. Take this one day at a time. You will quickly find that the days get easier and easier, with minor bumps along the way. With all of the pain, you will be surprised that a lot of good comes your way too. Freeing yourself from the nic bitch has a lot of hidden treasures, not the least of which is feeling that you can do it and may actually live long enough to grow old with your wife and see your kids grow up. That is powerful stuff. You get more and more of it, one day at a time.
Congrats on quitting. Great decision coming here.

Post roll call in the december group. It is your promise that you will not use tobacco or nicotine for the day. We do this every morning, every day.

I also recomend reading the Kerns family story, really touching.

If you have not read the welcome center (pink link on the top), do so and learn more about the site

Shoot me a pm if you need anything or have any questions

Proud to be quit with you.

Offline TLeah64

• Quitter
  • Interests: DrawingReadingPlaying on ComputerSportsHanging out with Family and FriendsEating outShopping....Yes I am a chick!
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 11:29:00 PM »
Congratulations on you decision to quit!!

This site is great if you are serious about quitting. All we ask is that you post roll every morning, making a promise that you will not use nicotine for that day. We don't look at forever, just one day at a time, sometime hour by hour or minute by minute. What ever it takes to get through the day. All we have here is our honor and our word to a ton of people that have walked down the same road and are fighting the same fight. But we are all here to help and support each other. We do get very offended and upset if people don't take their quit seriously. We work hard to say quit and we expect you to do the same.

First thing you need to do is read everything you can on this site. Go to the welcome center and it will tell you everything you need to know about posting roll and stuff.

You then need to get active on the site, get to know people. Get phone numbers so you can have people to call or text when the going gets tough, and it will get tough. You need all the numbers you can get, of veterans and newbies in your quit group. Then you watch out for each other. Watch each others backs and hold each other accountable.

Remember, dipping is a choice, you either choose to do it or you don't. The road is tough and I know I never want to go through that first week of quitting ever again. I'm on day 68 being nicotine free after 30 yrs of using. I know I will never put the shit in my mouth again. I am an nicotine addict, one dip and I will be hooked so I will stay clean one day at a time.

If you want my number private message me and I'll give it too you. I will be more than happy to support you and hold you accountable.

Stay strong and don't let the nic Bitch beat you!
Toni

Toni, Quit 6/25/11, HOF 10/2/2011
For the past 30 yrs. I continuously had a dip in my lip from the time I woke up until I went to bed, except for at mealtime. Very few people would of ever suspected it, I hide it well! The deception and guilt is over...I'm one stubborn Chick that will never fall victim to the can again!

Offline seagems

• Quitter
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 11:23:00 PM »
One day at a time, one day at a time. Aside from reading everything on this site, every single post, that is the best advice I can give you at the 27 day mark. Any time i start thinking about forever or long term, the cravings and mind games drive me nuts. Think about today and only today. Commit to not chewing today. You can do that. Then, tomorrow, deal with tomorrow. But for today, commit to not chewing. Take this one day at a time. You will quickly find that the days get easier and easier, with minor bumps along the way. With all of the pain, you will be surprised that a lot of good comes your way too. Freeing yourself from the nic bitch has a lot of hidden treasures, not the least of which is feeling that you can do it and may actually live long enough to grow old with your wife and see your kids grow up. That is powerful stuff. You get more and more of it, one day at a time.

Offline Jaymodill

• Quitter
Day 1
« on: August 31, 2011, 11:14:00 PM »
Everything was normal when I woke up this morning. No clue, or plan that this was going to happen. I dipped for 19 years. Took my normal "commute to work" dip and about halfway in - something in my brain just said "WHAT THE F@#$ ARE YOU DOING, You are killing yourself and your kids are going to grow up without a father!"
So I can't count days, but I am now 16 hours 7 minutes into freedom. The anxiety hit me after about 6 hours - just plain terror. Now I am shoving bubble gum in my bottom lip like a crack fiend trying to smoke baking powder, but no more nicotine. No Nic Gum, No Patches - I just can't go through this again. This sucks! Thanks for all of the posters who say it gets a lot better - not easier, just better. For now, I'll take your word for it.
I'm goin' tackle this bitch!

I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me - Phil 4:13