Author Topic: Day 1  (Read 1970 times)

Offline azchief32

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Day 1
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2011, 03:15:00 AM »
Ok, so day 5 is coming to a wrap. Today was one of the tougher days, the mind games seem to have started. I haven't battled much in the way of cravings - a little here and there.
For me today was about guilt, shame of what I spent my life doing and intense fear that the changes I am making to my life are too late.Jay

Day 5 is done for me as well Jay. I have also done okay in the craving dept but am averaging 5 to 6 hours of sleep so far. Every once in awhile, the bitch hits me but I get busy doing something. Its never too late to change because what's the alternative? Accept defeat and move on? Fuck that bro. We are here and doing this for a reason. I am at azchief32@mac.com if you need to write it all down and send it. I am at 520-906-0169 if you feel yourself caving (like that shit is going to happen).

Eric
Liberated on 31 Aug 2011

HoF on 8 Dec 2011

"Audentes Fortuna Juvat"

Offline Jaymodill

• Quitter
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2011, 12:13:00 AM »
Ok, so day 5 is coming to a wrap. Today was one of the tougher days, the mind games seem to have started. I haven't battled much in the way of cravings - a little here and there.
For me today was about guilt, shame of what I spent my life doing and intense fear that the changes I am making to my life are too late. It's just crazy how when I was under the nic bitch's control I really never thought too much about what it was doing to me. I guess I just thought that I was going to do it until I die. Now, this is how I feel 'bang head'
I'm goin' tackle this bitch!

I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me - Phil 4:13

Offline Radman

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Family and friends. Other than that, anything outdoors....motorcycling, shooting, hunting, fishing, racing.
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2011, 07:47:00 AM »
Quote from: Souliman
I'm glad to see a roll post. I no longer want you to ingest man juice.
Wait just a dang minute here! What kinda quit group is this? I thought we were fighting nicotine. :huh: :huh:

Couln't let that one slide by, Soul. Carry on...

Offline per034

• Quitter
  • Interests: My family - 2 amazingly brilliant and beautiful children and an equally amazing and beautiful wife. Sports - Mets and Giants for teams, golf for weekends... Bagpipes. Been playing bagpipes longer than I've been dipping. And that's a long friggin' time.
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2011, 12:56:00 AM »
Jay -

You got some badass quitters supporting you in here, and some new guys just throwing themselves at your feet. You're here because you need help. If you could do it yourself you would have. Listed to the vets. Connect with the newbies - they are the ones who know what you're going through WHEN you're going through it. That's so critical.

Day two is over. get to day three. That's all. Go back and look at what Seagems wrote when you first posted. One day at a time.

All we ask is that you make your promise TODAY. We dont' care about tomorrow. Tomorrow doesn't exist. You don't care about tomorrow. Quit for you today. That's it.
The love you get here is conditional. The condition is that you are quit.

"Every time you bump someone and dont fix it, a kitten dies" - Jost2Brown

Offline Jaymodill

• Quitter
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2011, 12:41:00 AM »
Thanks Gump! Just knowing I am not alone helps get me through right now. And THIS right now is much better than the last right now.

Thank you!

Offline Gump

• Quitter
    • framedartexpert.com
  • Interests: my daughterquittingwinningbusinessrock climbingbodybuildingguitarscubasnowboardingtheaterlive bandsdead bandspretty much anything in naturenot having nature invite itself into my househelping other people to quit nicotineAtlanta Picture Framer
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2011, 12:32:00 AM »
Quote from: Jaymodill
So Day 2 has been miserable. I am in the fog, but mainly dealing with uncontrollable anxiety. Fear that I am too late, fear that I won't make the 100 days 'cause I don't even have a 100 days left --- Crazy thoughts!! Then cold sweats, hot sweats, shakes. I feel more like someone they show on tv trying to come off of heroin than someone quitting the chew. My brain telling me this isn't normal, that I am doomed. There is one thing for sure. If this is what happens during nicotine withdrawal, I will never, ever, ever pick this stuff up again. You guys have nothing to worry about me falling off the wagon.
Well, this IS what happens during nicotine withdrawal, to everyone who quits. I remember being afraid I was going to have a heart attack (of course, nobody ever does). And the dreams I had, they were just horrifying, and I usually sleep great and dream of orgies and giant cicadas and stuff.

Typical withdrawal stuff, just grit your teeth and hang on, you'll get through it just fine. Post roll every day and promise me you won't use nicotine. That's all I ask.
"Stupid is as stupid does"

Quit nicotine 9/1/09

Framed Art Expert

Offline Jaymodill

• Quitter
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2011, 10:40:00 PM »
Thanks Souli! I saw one of your posts that said something that really struck me. You said something to the effect of You just spent the last x number of years killing yourself daily, you quit only once --- Revel in it!

That turned my crappy day 2 around. I will now rejoice in day 2!

Thank you!

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Swim Bike Run - Shooting - Chasing my boys around.
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2011, 10:27:00 PM »
I'm glad to see a roll post. I no longer want you to ingest man juice.

I quit with you.

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Swim Bike Run - Shooting - Chasing my boys around.
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2011, 07:39:00 PM »
You should put anything in your mouth besides cancer candy. But if you don't post roll I'm going to tell you to shove a giant veiny cock in there you big candy ass. Now step up to the mic and sing it loud. "I quit". Now say it with some other quitters in December. "I quit".

Post Roll.

Offline seagems

• Quitter
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2011, 07:07:00 PM »
So Day 2 has been miserable. I am in the fog, but mainly dealing with uncontrollable anxiety. Fear that I am too late, fear that I won't make the 100 days 'cause I don't even have a 100 days left --- Crazy thoughts!! Then cold sweats, hot sweats, shakes. I feel more like someone they show on tv trying to come off of heroin than someone quitting the chew. My brain telling me this isn't normal, that I am doomed. There is one thing for sure. If this is what happens during nicotine withdrawal, I will never, ever, ever pick this stuff up again. You guys have nothing to worry about me falling off the wagon.
Only think about today. Only think about not chewing today. It will get better fast, just don't let your mind stray to thoughts beyond today. Chew bubble gum, drink tons of water, exercise, do anything you need to in order to get through today. Then do it all over tomorrow and you'll see life improving rapidly.

Offline lo sprk

• Quitter
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2011, 06:36:00 PM »
Come On jaymodill, join the December group. I'm in it early too, shitty but better day 3 is better than day 2. we will all stay motivated and beat this poison each day.

Offline Keddy

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Break the Chains
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2011, 06:32:00 PM »
You can't do this on your own!! Post roll and get connected with the December group. Making your promise to your fellow quitters and keeping your word is what will keep you on "the wagon." You're not gonna be able to hang on by yourself.

Take my word for it . . . .

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2011, 06:11:00 PM »
I know what makes it easier to quit. Posting roll! Try it and see if you agree.

Offline Jaymodill

• Quitter
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2011, 06:10:00 PM »

Offline Leather Apron

• Quitter
  • Interests: Work, fishing, sports with my 6 year old son. When I have time, I like to hop on Xbox Live and play some Call of Duty.
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2011, 10:52:00 AM »
I'm in the shit with ya man!!!!!
King Kong aint got nuthin on me!!!