Author Topic: I need to quit  (Read 973 times)

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
Re: I need to quit
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2015, 07:59:00 PM »
Quote from: Jim
I quit dipping on February 20th, 2015. I have been dipping for about 3 years which I'm sure to some people seems like nothing, but I have found myself in a difficult predicament... I can't give it up. I always knew in the back of my head that I needed to, but I couldn't bring myself to doing it. Anyways, I originally thought that I would just give it up for lent, I know how bad that sounds, but after spending some time thinking about it I decided it was time to quit for good. I have quit before for extended amounts of time but this time seems to be the hardest. It's only been 5 days and I have had dreamed about dipping every night so far. I'm glad that I finally found a place that I can express my problems without being judged.
A small, but profound, correction... You've never quit before.
You stopped.
For awhile.

Do it right this time and invest yourself in saving your life. As has been said... Find your quit group and post roll. Get involved and stay involved. How much is real freedom worth to you?

Own this... You can do it.
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline Jim Shady

• Quit Date: 2015-02-20
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2015, 06:40:00 PM »
Quote from: gb321
Good choice on the quit, I've been on here for 4 days and I love it. I just learned to post roll every day, you would be a June or maybe last day May, check that out in Quit Groups. Anyways it won't be easy at all but you can do it, if you try. Just do it all at once, cold turkey. No nicotine whatsoever no gum, no patches and of course NO TOBACCO. Tobacco is a poison that is killing us, it may not seem like it but believe it, it's a trap, and it took you, me, and everyone on here over. We are addicted to it. You can do this trust me. Get some numbers and get on the live chat. Good Luck I'm proud of you. You can do this and you will do this. Stay committed. PM me if you need anything.
thank you for the support

Offline WS101214

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-01-01
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2015, 06:28:00 PM »
Dude I wish I was as smart as you 10 years ago. This place works, and it sucks until it doesn't. Quit with you brother!

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: Nov 18, 2014
  • Interests: I am a Christian. By grace through faith.....I asked God to show me the truth. And He did. I am a believer! Wife of 30 Years, Golf, Hunting, All sports...Romans 10:9-13
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2015, 06:24:00 PM »
Quote from: gb321
Good choice on the quit, I've been on here for 4 days and I love it. I just learned to post roll every day, you would be a June or maybe last day May, check that out in Quit Groups. Anyways it won't be easy at all but you can do it, if you try. Just do it all at once, cold turkey. No nicotine whatsoever no gum, no patches and of course NO TOBACCO. Tobacco is a poison that is killing us, it may not seem like it but believe it, it's a trap, and it took you, me, and everyone on here over. We are addicted to it. You can do this trust me. Get some numbers and get on the live chat. Good Luck I'm proud of you. You can do this and you will do this. Stay committed. PM me if you need anything.
Well done Gb...
And congrats on your 6th day Shady.
Learn to post role today. Plenty of help here. Dreams will get better... Everything will get better, just need to reprogram your mind...
Welcome aboard...
Hang tough.. Learn to enjoy the suck... It will suck until it doesn't.
Drink more water...
I quit with you today.
I believe.....

Offline gb321

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-09-12
  • Interests: Quitting nicotineBaseballHockeyFootballGirls
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2015, 04:04:00 PM »

Offline Jim Shady

• Quit Date: 2015-02-20
I need to quit
« on: February 25, 2015, 03:47:00 PM »
I quit dipping on February 20th, 2015. I have been dipping for about 3 years which I'm sure to some people seems like nothing, but I have found myself in a difficult predicament... I can't give it up. I always knew in the back of my head that I needed to, but I couldn't bring myself to doing it. Anyways, I originally thought that I would just give it up for lent, I know how bad that sounds, but after spending some time thinking about it I decided it was time to quit for good. I have quit before for extended amounts of time but this time seems to be the hardest. It's only been 5 days and I have had dreamed about dipping every night so far. I'm glad that I finally found a place that I can express my problems without being judged.