Author Topic: Day 4...Going Nuts  (Read 1127 times)

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
Re: Day 4...Going Nuts
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2015, 03:09:00 PM »
So I guess what your saying is if you hadn't got all these symptoms we wouldn't be talking to you. Thats bullshit get in here and do this shit to live!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline Nolaq

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2015, 07:43:00 AM »
Here it is Spank. Both of your Intros combined into one, so you can see the entire journey.

You need to change your mindset, dude. You ain't nothin' special. You don't have super powers. You are not a unique or special butterfly.

You are a dirty, lying, cheating addict like the rest of us. Once you get that through your skull, and start focusing on the true enemy (nicotine) you will truly know what it means to be Quit.

Clean out your headgear, new guy. You need a check up from the neck up.
What is your major malfunction?!?!?!?!

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: Nov 18, 2014
  • Interests: I am a Christian. By grace through faith.....I asked God to show me the truth. And He did. I am a believer! Wife of 30 Years, Golf, Hunting, All sports...Romans 10:9-13
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2015, 11:45:00 PM »
Quote from: dkham87
Quote from: Diesel2112
It's not a habit, it's an addiction.

Chewing your fingernails and cracking your knuckles are habits.

Nicotine chemically altering your brain causing you to actually WANT poison in your body is very serious. It's also very tough to break free from the chains of addiction.

Healt scares will come and go but your addiction will always be there until you decide to end it. Don't quit because you're afraid. Quit because you want to. It makes things a hell of a lot easier.

Quit on...
I agree ^^^. I'm right there with you just had my first son about 3 months ago. Leading up to his birth I thought surely this will be enough to help me quit but it wasn't. You've got to decide for yourself that quitting is worth it everyday. Not being a slave is worth it. Becoming a man of integrity is worth it. Being around for your kids is worth it! This ADDICTION is not worth it! It gives nothing back only takes. So I'm quitting with you this month. Let's take back our lives and KTC for good!
If my wife and kids bought it.
If she thought it was sexy.
If it made me money.
If it was free.
If it made me stronger.
If it took away all my problems.

I would still say NO!

My choice.... My body.... My FREEDOM.

NICOTINE is a LIE!
Truth is Truth.

You were NOT created to nead tobacco.

I quit with you.
You quit for YOU.
Rawls 223
I believe.....

Offline dkham87

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-06-25
  • Interests: I love anything involving being outdoors. Hunting is by far my favorite thing to do specifically bow hunting white tale
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2015, 11:30:00 PM »
Quote from: Diesel2112

Nicotine chemically altering your brain causing you to actually WANT poison in your body is very serious. It's also very tough to break free from the chains of addiction.

Healt scares will come and go but your addiction will always be there until you decide to end it. Don't quit because you're afraid. Quit because you want to. It makes things a hell of a lot easier.

Quit on...
I agree ^^^. I'm right there with you just had my first son about 3 months ago. Leading up to his birth I thought surely this will be enough to help me quit but it wasn't. You've got to decide for yourself that quitting is worth it everyday. Not being a slave is worth it. Becoming a man of integrity is worth it. Being around for your kids is worth it! This ADDICTION is not worth it! It gives nothing back only takes. So I'm quitting with you this month. Let's take back our lives and KTC for good!
Matthew 6:24 ?No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money (OR TOBACCO)"

Done Date: 6-25-15

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2015, 10:58:00 PM »

Quit on...
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2015, 10:36:00 PM »
It's life or death. It's freedom or slavery. Make your choices. Choose wisely.
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline spankymagee

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-06-24
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2015, 10:11:00 PM »
I should also note that I signed in here about 7 months ago, posted an intro, and never came back. Basically my symptoms went away, and convinced myself I was invincible.

Here I am 7 months later. I found out a few days ago I am having a new child. I have two kids already. I can't leave them with a disfigured father who was selfish to the core and chewed for himself as opposed to a father who quit for them. So this time I signed in, and I will sign back in tomorrow, etc.

Offline Corbin

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2015, 10:10:00 PM »
Great job on four days. Looks like you have a choice, if you like you jaw and face it is time to quit, if not the docs will be glad to cut them off and charge you a fortune. They may have not found cancer yet but when they do, the scalpal comes out. Don't be a slave to the nic bitch, you are stronger than this. I quit with you my friend.

Offline spankymagee

• Quitter
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2015, 09:14:00 PM »
I chewed about 2 tins a week from age 19 thru 29. Quit for 2 years and started back at age 31, resuming the 2 tins a week habit thru present day (age 34).

About 6 months ago, I started experiencing several symptoms. Difficulty swallowing, sore throat that waxed and waned, and significant irritation and pain on the left side of my chin and throat. The pain in the chin and throat would also wax and wane, and was sensitive to the touch.

I have seen the dentist and was clear of mouth cancer. I have gone to three ENTs who have said that I do not have cancer. I received a MRI on the neck and throat 3 months ago that was clear. The three ENTs all said I either had acid reflux, a combination of pulled muscles, or both.

Over the past 6 months, I have probably chewed once a week on average, at a half a tin a setting. After chewing, the pain does tend to get worse for a few days before subsiding.

The anxiety is killing me. It's as if I can't convince myself that even though the doctors have cleared me, that they arent missing something.

I am trying to "re quit" but obviously it is a difficult habit to unlearn, though I am committed.

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2014, 03:06:00 PM »
topic/10685990/100/#new

This is where you make your daily promise to yourself and us that you are nicotine free. I hope you join us.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2014, 12:22:00 PM »
Dude... You stopped and took a loooong break for 2.5 years. You didn't quit. We only quit once.

Two and a half years. Man! Dig deep and answer this... Why did you start back up again 18 months ago? You'll have your reasons, I'm sure, but here's one you need to wrap your head around ~ you don't have a habit... You have an addiction. If you wanna win you need to really understand that. This is the best place you can be... It'll save your life. Jump all in... Own this... Embrace this. That's freedom...
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline spankymagee

• Quitter
Day 4...Going Nuts
« on: November 07, 2014, 11:21:00 AM »
I am 33, have dipped since 19. Half a tin a day habit. I quit at age 29, when I started to have major tongue pain that an oral surgeon told me was because I dipped too much that I eroded the protective layer of my tongue. I quit for 2.5 years, and started again 18 months ago.

I started having difficulty swallowing about a month ago, and have a "pulled muscle" in my throat. ENT doc says it's reflux, and the throat muscle pull is a result of dipping.

Regardless, I need to quit, for my two young kids and wife.

Last dipped Nov 1. Here we go.