Author Topic: inspiration  (Read 950 times)

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Swim Bike Run - Shooting - Chasing my boys around.
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: inspiration
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2011, 09:36:00 PM »
Quote from: Bootlick
My determination will carry me to my goal ... my wife and kids are behind me 100% and will refrain from poking the grumpy lion
Outstanding. If the grumpy lion wants to stretch his vocal cords he can get his ass out of the jungle and into chat or any thread. Don't take it out on your family. Take your dip rage out on one of us. Hell I love a good cuss session.

Offline Ready

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2011, 03:19:00 PM »
Quote from: Bootlick
Thanks .. Your right i do need to keep my thoughts positive .. just got back with my sunflower seeds , gum and hard candy :) My determination will carry me to my goal ... my wife and kids are behind me 100% and will refrain from poking the grumpy lion .. im on vacation for the next 96hrs .. off to read more on the forums :D
Welcome.

Check your (Inbox 1) upper right corner of your screen.

Offline Bootlick

• Likes Given: 0
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2011, 03:10:00 PM »
Thanks .. Your right i do need to keep my thoughts positive .. just got back with my sunflower seeds , gum and hard candy :) My determination will carry me to my goal ... my wife and kids are behind me 100% and will refrain from poking the grumpy lion .. im on vacation for the next 96hrs .. off to read more on the forums :D

Offline Wild_Bill

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2011, 02:02:00 PM »
Jim,
Welcome to the quit!! Sounds like you've got your head screwed on straight. I chew gum like crazy. Mint, usually...sometimes I'll take a little cayenne pepper and sprinkle it on the gum. Gives a nice kick. Drinking a ton of water is good too.

Reach out to anyone of us if you need to vent. Post roll every day. Stay with us one day at a time.

Glad to be quit with today.

whsii
Quit Dip: August 12, 2011
Quit Cigs: October 1, 2009

veni, vici, cessavi

Offline Fla_K5

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 01:51:00 PM »
Im 2 days into it.. in the thick of it. this is helping me http://www.smokeymountainsnuff.com/

Offline Greg5280

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • BONAFIDE QUIT BEAST
  • Quit Date: 10-30-2009
  • Interests: Golf, Running, Cycling, Being outside, Spending time with my family. Quitting and helping newbies.
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 01:41:00 PM »
John,
Welcome to the party. Let's start out by changing your vocabulary just a bit. We do not hope or try here. We do. Your scentence should read something like " My determination is so strong I will succeed ! Under no circumstances will I ever put that shit in my face again."

I am going to send you some information to get you started. Welcome to day one. Get settled in and read everything you can find here.

STAY QUIT
Greg

Offline Bootlick

inspiration
« on: August 31, 2011, 01:28:00 PM »
Just wanted to introduce myself ... My name is Jim and I decided to quit the can after 15yrs . It has taken me a long time to get to this point and It wast until I was on my last dip that I began to stress out. Im worried and excited at the same time. Reading the forums has helped me tremendously. This is day one for me and i can wait for the hell to begin. who am i kidding this is rough .... 'Crazy'

I can imagine that there are allot of people who post and you never see them again. I can only hope my determination will be strong enough to get me by ... i have turned to chewing sunflower seeds to keep me busy ... any other helpful hints ? i am hydrating and keeping my mind occupied

Thanks Jim
'erp'