Author Topic: My day 1...I don't even have the words...  (Read 4374 times)

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
Re: My day 1...I don't even have the words...
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2015, 06:25:00 AM »
Quote from: grizzlyhasclaws
Spare your wife and family. They don't deserve an ounce of your crap. You don't get to do that to them. They are precious. Be honest with them, completely open. Bring your rage here. Spend as much time as you can here if you want to save your life and spare your family. Use this as an opportunity to become a better man. Leave the lies that come with addiction behind you.
Completely agree. Take all of your rage out on grizzclaws!

Seriously, you have my number. Call me and take it out on me. Walk out of the room, go outside, and call me. The rage will pass. This gets a lot easier in time. You can do this.  You'll never have to relive day 1!

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2015, 04:41:00 AM »
Spare your wife and family. They don't deserve an ounce of your crap. You don't get to do that to them. They are precious. Be honest with them, completely open. Bring your rage here. Spend as much time as you can here if you want to save your life and spare your family. Use this as an opportunity to become a better man. Leave the lies that come with addiction behind you.
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline hando

• Quitter
  • Interests: Faith, Family, Fishing, Golfing, and any team sport.
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2015, 11:30:00 PM »
Perfect encouragement, brother. Thank you.

I know the first few days are going to kick me in the teeth. I hate this part. Hate it. I become someone I hate. I know the fights with my wife will happen, and that's the worst. I'll sling the meanest insults and not think twice about it. I become borderline abusive with my sons and they have no idea why. I'm an outright asshole. And I hate that I'm going to knowingly do this again for the 20th time. This has to be the last time.

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2015, 11:19:00 PM »
Read everything you can here. Welcome.
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2015, 11:12:00 PM »
Quote from: hando
I'm 36 years old, and dipped for over half my life. Quit numerous times before, relying on the gum to wean me off. Now the gum is part of my regular nicotine intake, chewed in places where even my 'cheek tuck' is not acceptable - in places where I pretend I don't have a problem like church, Awana, cub scouts, or when I'm coaching youth sports. At work (Army) dipping is accepted/encouraged/cool. Outside of work, I'm really embarrassed and ashamed that I can't control something in my life. My sons are always curious about daddy's funny gum, which is better than asking what's in my lip. I'm great at hiding it, but I know that I'm an imposter, anxious to get in the truck to throw in a dip in the morning, knowing that the only times I will be dipless during the day is when I'm eating. I'm ready to do this. Even as I write this, I feel something different than the other times. I will need y'all's help. I am weak, illogical with excuses, always stressed out, I could go on.

Tomorrow will be interesting. I can do this.
Fuck yes you can do this.

Dude, you are in the right place. Nicotine is all lies.

First, the gum... Have you ever heard of an alcoholic being told to quit vodka by switching to beer? Or a crack addict being encouraged by their doctor to use cocaine to quit? So... Why would nicotine replacement work? It doesn't. Period.

What does nicotine do for you? Well... It takes away the withdrawal of not using it. That's it. Nothing else. No buzz. No reward. It just takes the bad away. A bad ass like you, a man that lives for his kids and his country... Dude you can suck it up for a little while and let the bad work its way out of your system. Yep, it is no fun at first. But, when you look at your kids and they recognize that your funny lip is gone... That inner pride will carry you far.

This is the best possible thing you can do for you. Period. Get your patriotic name on roll call every day first thing. Keep your word. And take your life back. 835 days I was terrified and hopeless. Today I am free. If I can help, my number is yours for the asking. Pm me. Welcome aboard.

Offline hando

• Quitter
  • Interests: Faith, Family, Fishing, Golfing, and any team sport.
  • Likes Given: 0
My day 1...I don't even have the words...
« on: April 07, 2015, 11:01:00 PM »
I'm 36 years old, and dipped for over half my life. Quit numerous times before, relying on the gum to wean me off. Now the gum is part of my regular nicotine intake, chewed in places where even my 'cheek tuck' is not acceptable - in places where I pretend I don't have a problem like church, Awana, cub scouts, or when I'm coaching youth sports. At work (Army) dipping is accepted/encouraged/cool. Outside of work, I'm really embarrassed and ashamed that I can't control something in my life. My sons are always curious about daddy's funny gum, which is better than asking what's in my lip. I'm great at hiding it, but I know that I'm an imposter, anxious to get in the truck to throw in a dip in the morning, knowing that the only times I will be dipless during the day is when I'm eating. I'm ready to do this. Even as I write this, I feel something different than the other times. I will need y'all's help. I am weak, illogical with excuses, always stressed out, I could go on.

Tomorrow will be interesting. I can do this.