Author Topic: JGlav Day 5  (Read 8953 times)

Offline DWEIRICK

• Master of Quit
  • Interests: Volunteer Firefighter/EMT - Conductor/Engineer for Lycoming Valley Railroad - Shooting guns, Fishing and time with my family!
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: JGlav Day 5
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2015, 03:33:00 AM »
Glad you reached out in the help section you have my number now its time to build that list from your group that little extra life line is exactly that a life line!! May seem odd at first texting a complete stranger, but they are going through the suck like you and the bond you form is unique it will help you stay quit!!

Offline KingNothing

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 2015-07-10
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2015, 11:12:00 PM »
Quote from: Macamania
You asked for advice, and you got tons of it. These are some things that helped me:

1. Try to figure out why you want something in your mouth. Seriously look into oral fixation.

2. Use what you need now to curb the oral fixation part of the quit. Seeds, Fake, Gum, DO NOT EAT EXCESSIVELY.

3. Exercise- If you are like me, you're thinking I'm crazy. But you quit dipping to get healthy, so get healthy!

4. MOST IMPORTANT. Do not blame others for your craving. It's your dumbass that got you into it and it is all of us that are helping. DO NOT take anything at all out on your family. I said some mean stuff that I will never be able to retrieve.

5. Spend as much time on this site as you possibly can!

6. As time goes by, wean off the Fake and etc.
Can't say it any better than this ^^^^. Follow this advice and you WILL win this battle. Quit with you today bro!
"Fuck nicotine dude. You don't need it. And you don't want it. It didn't do a thing for you and you know it." - worktowin
"today you dissided that shit wont control your life. and it wont. unless you let it." - drome
"Not thinking about nicotine is for people who've never used nicotine. We threw that option away with the first dip or drag on a cigarette. We are addicts, and cannot become un-addicted." - wildirish317
"You need to decide how much you really want to be quit." - pky1520
We are always at risk. And probably always will be. That is why I will never get "too quit" to post my +1. Every. Damn. Day. - geis2597

Intro
Freedom Tastes So Good

Quit: 7/10/15, HOF: 10/17/15, 2nd Floor: 1/25/16, 3rd Floor: 5/4/16, 1 year: 7/10/16 4th Floor: 8/12/16, 5th Floor: 11/20/16, 6th Floor: 2/28/17, 7th Floor: 6/8/17, 2 years: 7/10/17, 8th Floor: 9/16/17, 9th Floor: 12/25/17, Comma: 4/4/18, 3 years: 7/10/18, 11th Floor: 7/13/18

Offline Macamania

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2015, 10:06:00 PM »
You asked for advice, and you got tons of it. These are some things that helped me:

1. Try to figure out why you want something in your mouth. Seriously look into oral fixation.

2. Use what you need now to curb the oral fixation part of the quit. Seeds, Fake, Gum, DO NOT EAT EXCESSIVELY.

3. Exercise- If you are like me, you're thinking I'm crazy. But you quit dipping to get healthy, so get healthy!

4. MOST IMPORTANT. Do not blame others for your craving. It's your dumbass that got you into it and it is all of us that are helping. DO NOT take anything at all out on your family. I said some mean stuff that I will never be able to retrieve.

5. Spend as much time on this site as you possibly can!

6. As time goes by, wean off the Fake and etc.

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2015, 08:15:00 PM »
Quote from: normjr88
Quote from: Idaho
Quote from: KingNothing
Quote from: JGlav
On day 5. No dip can in my pocket. Cleaned the truck out this weekend. Tossed
all spitters and vacuumed up the rugs. Between the extra finger dust and the inadvertent
spills the front of my truck was an embarrassment. Clean as a whistle now though baby!!!
Eating nuts and fruit to curb the munchies. Will take any other suggestions.
Nice job posting roll JGlav and welcome. Sunflower seeds and gum can help as well. The real suggestion though is simply to stay quit. Today you will not dip. Today you will strain against the chains of slavery for the fifth straight day. Each day you apply constant pressure to those links, you weaken them slowly, but surely. You are regaining freedom brother and that's why my suggestion is to stay quit. This is real. If you want to be quit badly enough, you will be. If you don't and you want to play a game with fate, you will. The choice is yours, a choice which will likely define you at some point in your life.

Stick with it JGlav, I promise it gets better.
^^^ Good advice right there!
This will be a battle but your fellow KTC are here to help, get active and invest in your quit.
Drink tons of water, exercise and have a stash of gum, seeds, candy, fake chew and flavored toothpicks (my favorite) stash in truck, work and home.
Proud to quit with you
ID Spuds
Welcome to freedom. Smoking Mountain worked for me. Never was a big seed guy but what ever keeps nicotine out of your body use it. I went 7 days solo until I found this place, after 30 years of being a slave this place saved my life. Use all the resources available given to you on this site and keep your promise everyday not to use. I quit with you today
Welcome my friend! Got a bunch of badass quitters behind you! Listen ,get involved, post roll early every damn morning and you will beat this. I'm not gonna sugar coat it for you, it's damn hard but man up and you will be victorious! Damn proud to be quit with you today my friend!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline normjr88

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-06-01
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2015, 02:42:00 PM »
Quote from: Idaho
all spitters and vacuumed up the rugs. Between the extra finger dust and the inadvertent
spills the front of my truck was an embarrassment. Clean as a whistle now though baby!!!
Nice job posting roll JGlav and welcome. Sunflower seeds and gum can help as well. The real suggestion though is simply to stay quit. Today you will not dip. Today you will strain against the chains of slavery for the fifth straight day. Each day you apply constant pressure to those links, you weaken them slowly, but surely. You are regaining freedom brother and that's why my suggestion is to stay quit. This is real. If you want to be quit badly enough, you will be. If you don't and you want to play a game with fate, you will. The choice is yours, a choice which will likely define you at some point in your life.

This will be a battle but your fellow KTC are here to help, get active and invest in your quit.
Drink tons of water, exercise and have a stash of gum, seeds, candy, fake chew and flavored toothpicks (my favorite) stash in truck, work and home.
Proud to quit with you
ID Spuds
Welcome to freedom. Smoking Mountain worked for me. Never was a big seed guy but what ever keeps nicotine out of your body use it. I went 7 days solo until I found this place, after 30 years of being a slave this place saved my life. Use all the resources available given to you on this site and keep your promise everyday not to use. I quit with you today

Offline Idaho Spuds

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: August 18, 2014
  • Interests: Family, Soccer, fishing, hunting, camping
  • Likes Given: 71
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2015, 01:50:00 PM »

Proud to quit with you
ID Spuds

Offline KingNothing

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 2015-07-10
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2015, 01:13:00 PM »

"Fuck nicotine dude. You don't need it. And you don't want it. It didn't do a thing for you and you know it." - worktowin
"today you dissided that shit wont control your life. and it wont. unless you let it." - drome
"Not thinking about nicotine is for people who've never used nicotine. We threw that option away with the first dip or drag on a cigarette. We are addicts, and cannot become un-addicted." - wildirish317
"You need to decide how much you really want to be quit." - pky1520
We are always at risk. And probably always will be. That is why I will never get "too quit" to post my +1. Every. Damn. Day. - geis2597

Intro
Freedom Tastes So Good

Quit: 7/10/15, HOF: 10/17/15, 2nd Floor: 1/25/16, 3rd Floor: 5/4/16, 1 year: 7/10/16 4th Floor: 8/12/16, 5th Floor: 11/20/16, 6th Floor: 2/28/17, 7th Floor: 6/8/17, 2 years: 7/10/17, 8th Floor: 9/16/17, 9th Floor: 12/25/17, Comma: 4/4/18, 3 years: 7/10/18, 11th Floor: 7/13/18

Offline JGlav

• Master of Quit
  • Interests: Quit Date: 9/05/15
  • Likes Given: 19
JGlav Day 5
« on: September 10, 2015, 01:00:00 PM »
ODAAT. No dip can in my pocket. Cleaned the truck out this weekend. Tossed