Author Topic: PrairieDog coming out of his hole  (Read 1435 times)

Offline B-loMatt

• Quitter
  • Interests: Cooking, gameing, music, sports, the outdoors. Spending time with my family is my biggest hobby, I have two little girls who are my number 1 priority (for real now that I kicked nic out of my life)
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: PrairieDog coming out of his hole
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2014, 11:38:00 AM »
Great intro PD. Read everything on KTC and live the plan. The plan works! The knowledge to be quit every day is here for the learning.

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2014, 10:16:00 AM »
Quote from: Doc
...although I prefer the butt.
You can't make this stuff up.............quitting with PrarieDog today!
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline Doc Chewfree

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2014-02-06
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2014, 11:46:00 PM »
Welcome, pdog.
If you like to prep, don't stop now. Arm yourself with knowledge from this site. Knowledge is your secret weapon against the nic whore. Collect contact information from other quitters for that time when you need some support. Build yourself into a web of accountability and use it. Read, read, read. The more you become involved in this site the stronger your quit becomes. Help and support those that need it, call out the slackers, rant, rave, interact...it all strengthens your quit as well as your quit brothers'. In the end, you'll make a lot of good friends, be nic free and have some folks to share that picnic shoulder with...although I prefer the butt.
Brave men are honored, rich men are envied, powerful men are feared, but only a man with character is trusted
Quit on Feb. 6, 2014

Offline theTJB

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2017-06-05
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2014, 11:37:00 PM »
Loved the intro man. Keep posting roll every day.

Offline PrairieDog

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-26
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2014, 11:26:00 PM »
We call it a pork shoulder picnic...

I got my name from my grandmother... dug up her garden one day when I was 8... looking for treasure. She called me a little prairie dog....

As for the games I play... Right now I am playing State of Decay on PC and Sims 3 with my daughter also on PC... About to get back in Fallout New Vegas when I start streaming and waiting for The Division to come out next year...

Offline Bob Copenhagen

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2014, 05:30:00 PM »
Quote from: razd611
Quote from: Thumblewort
You do know what "prarie doggin" is, right?
I had a prairie dog when I woke up this morning but quickly took care of it before it turned to and adventure in logging
Hey man what computer games do U play? I used to play computer games but xbox 360 is the way to go. It's reaLly fun it of clan matches a socializing like this site a lot of socializing is amazing.

Offline RAZD611

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Untied and Unfiltered
  • Interests: Family, Fishing, Hunting, Sports.
  • Likes Given: 1264
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2014, 04:43:00 PM »
I had a prairie dog when I woke up this morning but quickly took care of it before it turned to and adventure in logging
Never Again For Any Reason

Hurt Feelings Report
https://ibb.co/NCwvw7t

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2014, 04:28:00 PM »
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline bronc

• Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: 3/14/14
  • Interests: Rodeo, Hunting, Raising my daughter, Cooking and entertaining
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2014, 03:47:00 PM »
Way to go PD. You'll be a badass quitter for sure. Get involved and get to kicking ass pronto.

Offline Tuco

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 7/27/2014
  • Likes Given: 48
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2014, 03:37:00 PM »
Awesome intro, PD! I love the prepper mentality and how it ties in with your personal quit approach.

I quit with you today.

Offline david.m

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-07-20
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2014, 02:48:00 PM »
Quote from: PrairieDog
I know in my head and my heart that I am truly quit. I have never said that or believed that before when I tried to quit... This time though.... I know its true... Because I prepped for it.
Awesome PD!

"...know in my head and my heart..." - being "prepped" mentally is even more important that being prepped practically. One helps the other, for sure. But it's when you "know it" that you will "do it."

Thanks for sharing. Great stuff for anyone who is considering quitting but hasn't taken the step yet.

Glad to be quitting with you today!
If you settle for nothing now, you'll settle for nothing later.
If you don't take action now, you won't take action later.

07.20.2014 - quit day
07.21.2014 - one day
10.28.2014 - H.O.F
02.05.2015 - 2nd Floor
05.16.2015 - 3rd Floor
07.20.2015 - one year
08.24.2015 - 4th Floor

Offline Done4Me

• Epic Quitter
  • Interests: Family, Beach, Fishing, BBQ
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2014, 02:24:00 PM »
Proud to be quit with you today Prarie, great intro!
Now that's a damn fine introduction and well written. You must be a tough as nails MFer. I've been here since day 1 and can't imagine quitting on my won. Great job and you will find the community and support on this site to exceed expectations. You only get what you give though so be involved both in your month's forum and on the intros and forums for the new quitters. You have tons to offer.

Now for the big question. An entire pork shoulder is cut into 2 pieces. In my neck of the woods, one piece is a Boston Butt and it has the blade. What's the other half called?

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2014, 02:00:00 PM »
Proud to be quit with you today Prarie, great intro!

Offline PrairieDog

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-26
PrairieDog coming out of his hole
« on: August 01, 2014, 01:40:00 PM »
Ok I was told to post an introduction so here goes... I quit on June 26th 2014. Yesterday, day 35, I came here to the chat room to ask a question about cold sores and was told I should start posting on rolls... I figured why not so here I am in the october rolls.

I am 44, married with a 9 year old daughter. I work as a butcher in a grocery store. My hobbies are computer games, hunting, fishing, trapping, and prepping. I am a country boy at heart.

I started using dip when I was 19. I was in the military on patrol and my NCIOC handed his can over to me asking if I wanted one. One of the worst mistakes I ever made was taking that can. Took about 10 years for me to regret it though.

I have tried dozens of times in the past 10 years to quit but never got past the first week... This time though I got my mind right.... This is all in my mind anyway.... I got through basic without being broken... I was told I would never walk again and I walk... I was told my farm would never produce again and its got shit growing all over it now.... If I can do those things I can beat this.... I AM SMARTER THEN THE CAN!!!!!

So I stacked the deck in my favor. I am a prepper by nature.. So I treated this like a disaster. A disaster I knew was coming. I set things up so I would stand the best chance at survival. I picked a quit date a month away. The same day my wife and daughter would be on vacation in Ireland. I also took four days off from work. Because the first 4 days are the killer IMO...

I also got prepared mentally. I kept telling myself how much I looked forward to my quit day. I didnt dread it. I couldnt wait for it too happen. Each day it got closer was like a day closer to christmas...

I also got prepared mentally. I walked and ran alot. I lost 5 pounds. I started taking multivitamins. I ate lots of fresh fruit and veg. I stacked the deck in my favor. This is a disaster and I am going to be prepared.

The week before the quit date I prepared lists of foods and things I needed to get. I then got those items.

As the day got closer I got more excited. I mean I got really excited.

The day before was last can day.. I bought the last can I will ever buy. That night at 11:30PM I took my last ever dip. At exactly 12 midnight I took it out. I put it in the empty can and carried the can to the dumpster. Making sure to remember every little thing. It became an event.

I guess I did it more then right because the first week wasnt near as bad as it was the previous 12 times. I have the cravings but they pass. And they get further apart. Something I didnt know about before. Everytime I get a crave I do something else. Whether its go for a run or resort one of my BoBs. One day I made a bunch of hillbilly fishing poles and gave them to friends... I just do something else. It passes and I am fine.

I know in my head and my heart that I am truly quit. I have never said that or believed that before when I tried to quit... This time though.... I know its true... Because I prepped for it.

Anyway thats the bulk of it for now.