Author Topic: My story on Quitting  (Read 1934 times)

Offline Greg5280

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • BONAFIDE QUIT BEAST
  • Quit Date: 10-30-2009
  • Interests: Golf, Running, Cycling, Being outside, Spending time with my family. Quitting and helping newbies.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: My story on Quitting
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2013, 06:32:00 PM »
Quote from: Radman
Quote from: CBird65
Joined: May-05-2008  ???  gotta be a story that I'm not seeing yet
I missed that. Do tell, Flucky......

This guy could have 5 dang years of quit, and here he is at day 2. 'bang head'
I would guess Flucky was a pass through quitter last time. 5 whole posts and two of them were used in this intro.

:blink:

Offline Radman

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Family and friends. Other than that, anything outdoors....motorcycling, shooting, hunting, fishing, racing.
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2013, 03:33:00 PM »
Quote from: CBird65
Joined: May-05-2008 ??? gotta be a story that I'm not seeing yet
I missed that. Do tell, Flucky......

This guy could have 5 dang years of quit, and here he is at day 2. 'bang head'

Offline flucky07

• Quitter
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2013, 03:33:00 PM »
Quote from: Syndrome
Quote from: flucky07
Lucky for me i want to do it for me.  Im all in, make or break.  Time to end this silly habit once and for all...
man one thing i want to get thru your head. pickin your nose is a habit. what you got here is adicktshun.

addmittin to your self that your a adickt is tuff. cuz i mean man a adickt is that guy on the street corner what out a work and ways bout 100 pounds soakin wet and hes all dirty and shit and that cant be me.

noin that your fitin a drug problum is key number 1. man i had to start thinkin that way 4 and 3/4s years ago when i came here. and man im still quit. cuz i no the fite never ends with adicktshun.
oh i know im addicted. Im not hiding that at all. 2008 was the last time i really tried to quit went over 8 months before now im done for good.

Offline cbird65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Own it or be OWNED by it
  • Quit Date: 12-31-2011
  • Interests: trying to follow in His footsteps, loving my bride and renewing my quit daily
  • Likes Given: 710
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2013, 03:15:00 PM »
Joined: May-05-2008 ??? gotta be a story that I'm not seeing yet
Believe Me

FLOOR 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ,11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19,, 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29,,, 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
 ,,,,41 42 43 44 45 46

Assurance

Offline syndrome

• geezer squad
  • Master of Quit
  • you kids get off my yard
  • Quit Date: 11/13/08
  • Likes Given: 703
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2013, 02:05:00 PM »
Lucky for me i want to do it for me. Im all in, make or break. Time to end this silly habit once and for all...
man one thing i want to get thru your head. pickin your nose is a habit. what you got here is adicktshun.

addmittin to your self that your a adickt is tuff. cuz i mean man a adickt is that guy on the street corner what out a work and ways bout 100 pounds soakin wet and hes all dirty and shit and that cant be me.

noin that your fitin a drug problum is key number 1. man i had to start thinkin that way 4 and 3/4s years ago when i came here. and man im still quit. cuz i no the fite never ends with adicktshun.

Offline Radman

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Family and friends. Other than that, anything outdoors....motorcycling, shooting, hunting, fishing, racing.
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2013, 01:46:00 PM »
To answer your question: No, the craves won't be there forever. Better days are coming, I guarantee that. You're gonna deal with some misery in the immediate future, but the freedom is worth the battle.

Post roll (promise not to use nic for 24 hours).
Keep your word.
Excercise.
Drink lots of water.
Get some contact information of quitters here.
Use those contacts immediately. Don't wait until the craves hit.
Reach out via PM if you need help. We're all here for you.

Offline dabean22

• Quitter
  • Interests: I was addicted to nicotine for about 19 years before I actually realized that I was an addict to a drug. Allen Carr helped open my eyes with LionHeartedGirl (my sister). I am currently on day 2 and because of the frame of mind and different point of view that "The Easy Way" has given me, I don't doubt for one moment that I have ingested the last bit of that weed for the rest of my life. I am 35 now and am setting a goal of living long enough to have saved $100,000 because of my quit. At the same time, I am setting the goal of not smoking TODAY! One step at a time, while keeping my eyes on the horizon.
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2013, 01:33:00 PM »
Quote from: CaliforniaSlim
Quote from: ross8yrs
I am in dire need of quitting.  I have been doing so well with getting my body in shape and losing 20lbs in 6 weeks that now i must quit period.  'bang head'

Im on day 2 and i seem to be doing okay.  Last night was a bi*ch as i was up every hour on the hour.  Will the want to have a dip be there forever? 

I have gotten tins of mint chew and that has really helped.  Just feel in a very big fog and been pretty cranky.

Any support information from anyone to help?
As i have read many times on this site "Quitting is simple. Not easy, but it is simple."

You can indeed do this, it will be a battle, but its nothing many quitters before you/us haven't done before or are still battling.

Stay quit, and if you haven't yet go up to the welcome center and read read read, focus on posting roll as it is the foundation of my quit and many others. '

PM me for help

Ross
Lucky for me i want to do it for me. Im all in, make or break. Time to end this silly habit once and for all...
Excellent.. That is what it takes, the resolve to do this for ourselves. It definitely gets easier over time, but you don't need to worry about that. Just get through the day, the hour, whatever it takes. Those first few days are rough, no doubt. I don't think I slept for a week.
Read the Welcome Center infor (pink button on top left) learn why and how to post roll. You will be in the November group.
Glad to be quit with you.
Flucky, Here's a question, are you a sky diver or a bungee jumper? You say "I am in dire need of quitting", I say "I QUIT LIKE FUCK" (QLF around these parts) If you have stopped the nic, then it has already happened! Now you have to ask yourself, have you left yourself tethered to anything? Any triggers you can control left around? That sneaky can you "accidentally" left in the truck? If you have quit, the answer should be "No". Cut all ties to that addiction and jump out of a plane instead. When I quit, it was a one way trip with no possibility of return. That plane is behind me now and I'm on a wild ride with 50+ quitters as my parachute. Sound like a fun ride? Here's how to start if you haven't already.

1. Stop using all types of nicotine. No nicotine at all. THAT is the drug you are leaving behind.
2. Log into the quit group for November and post roll. This is your promise to yourself and the group that you will not use any nicotine that day. You will reach day 100 in November like the rest of us "SkyDivers". Do this as soon as you can every day. I post roll from my phone before I leave the bed in the morning on most days.
3. Keep your promise.
4. Repeat steps every day.

It's that simple. 4 steps is all it takes to stay quit forever. There are other things you can do to help make the craves a little easier but craves or no craves, these steps STOP the CAVES. As soon as you are ready, find the November 13 quit group, read the directions and post roll for the first time. You have already quit, now it's time you start living. You might as well jump out of that plane and enjoy the ride. Your plane is heading into the side of a mountain, you just don't know how much time you have.
Quit 8/04/13
HOF 11/11/13
Thanks mostly to LHG. That girl rocks the world. I love you Sis.
Someone, somewhere out there is suffering through a more intense crave than me and that person is staying quit. As will I. -JoeMellow
SkyDiver - The first step is a bitch but that's when the fun starts.

Offline CaliforniaSlim

• Quitter
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2013, 01:14:00 PM »
I am in dire need of quitting.  I have been doing so well with getting my body in shape and losing 20lbs in 6 weeks that now i must quit period.  'bang head'

Im on day 2 and i seem to be doing okay.  Last night was a bi*ch as i was up every hour on the hour.  Will the want to have a dip be there forever? 

I have gotten tins of mint chew and that has really helped.  Just feel in a very big fog and been pretty cranky.

As i have read many times on this site "Quitting is simple. Not easy, but it is simple."

You can indeed do this, it will be a battle, but its nothing many quitters before you/us haven't done before or are still battling.

Stay quit, and if you haven't yet go up to the welcome center and read read read, focus on posting roll as it is the foundation of my quit and many others. '

PM me for help

Ross
Excellent.. That is what it takes, the resolve to do this for ourselves. It definitely gets easier over time, but you don't need to worry about that. Just get through the day, the hour, whatever it takes. Those first few days are rough, no doubt. I don't think I slept for a week.
Read the Welcome Center infor (pink button on top left) learn why and how to post roll. You will be in the November group.
Glad to be quit with you.

Offline flucky07

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2013, 01:06:00 PM »

PM me for help

Ross

Offline ross8yrs

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2013, 01:05:00 PM »
I am in dire need of quitting. I have been doing so well with getting my body in shape and losing 20lbs in 6 weeks that now i must quit period. 'bang head'

Im on day 2 and i seem to be doing okay. Last night was a bi*ch as i was up every hour on the hour. Will the want to have a dip be there forever?

I have gotten tins of mint chew and that has really helped. Just feel in a very big fog and been pretty cranky.

PM me for help

Ross
One day, sometimes one hour at a time.

NEVER give in

Quit Date: 6-21-2013

Offline flucky07

• Quitter
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2013, 12:52:00 PM »
I am in dire need of quitting. I have been doing so well with getting my body in shape and losing 20lbs in 6 weeks that now i must quit period. 'bang head'

Im on day 2 and i seem to be doing okay. Last night was a bi*ch as i was up every hour on the hour. Will the want to have a dip be there forever?

I have gotten tins of mint chew and that has really helped. Just feel in a very big fog and been pretty cranky.

Offline sigma1570

• Quitter
  • Interests: Fine food, golf, books, outdoors, women, traveling, cars, movies, pottery...and a bunch more
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2008, 05:53:00 PM »
Hopefully me writing this will help some of you trying to quit out there...Here goes...

On may 4th 2008 after getting done my last chew on a Sunday night i went in to take a leak in the bathroom.  I looke in the mirror and saw a ton of tabacco in my teeth.  I looked at myself and said, "god damn that is gross".  So it was my last dip so far.  I called my real good friend from down the street, cheewing snuff for 15 years and said I quit.  (I only chewed for almost a year).  He said quit what.  I said snuff.  I think the phone hit the floor.  (He didnt believe me because softball was just starting).  And that is a great time for chewin.  The first night of the quit was easy, I was a little bitchy due to the fact that i knew something i liked was gone, but i digress.  Monday I got up for work and didnt realize that I decided to quit.  Now like everyone i always said I was gonna quit and go buy the 2 for 1 special at turkey hill.  I was looking for all my dip in the morning then it dawned on me that I quit.  I got angry.  'Remshot'  I left for work but determined to quit I didnt stop at the turkey hill.  I got to work and pulled my boss and my coworker into a meeting and explained I was going to quit if im bitchy nothing personal.  They took it well.  So as the day went on lunch came and that was prime time for a dipper.  I skipped lunch and had no appetite.  (Odd for me love food)  I was starting to withdrawl pretty good and my body was pissed at me looking for the nicotine. 

The drive home...

I got in the car after work and this was the real test.  The drive home.  Now what happened was i lost my Mac card, so i had no cash on me.  Good for me cuz i couldnt stop and pick up a tin or 2.  My buddy called me and said i quit too, but lets go to walmart and pick up some of the herbal stuff.  Smokey mountain snuff was in my life 2 hours later.  My buddy and I dumped out our full tins of chew in my front yard.  It was a :(  sad day but i felt good about it.  I said to him you will never quit.  He said watch me.  We bet 1000 dollars on quitting.  I was on day 1 he was on hour 4. 

Next day and onÂ…

Next day i got up and it was very hard to not throw one in.  I went a different way to work avoiding the Turkey hills, still without a mac card, I had lost it over the weekend (ended up to be the best thing that ever happend to me).  So tuesday night came and we had a softball game.  I was doing the herbal stuff occasionally, but did it heavy at softball.  I was telling everyone i quit and there like you have one in now nitwit?  I was like no its mint leaves...they all laughed.  My buddy and I at the age of 25 (me) and my buddy (30) were chewing mint snuff.  Haha unreal.  Day 3 was the hardest.  Body was very pissed at this point no nicotine.  I said to myself if I can get past today I will be fine.  I avoided the turkey hill in the morning and didn’t go out for lunch.  The ride home I stopped at the turkey hill starred the chew down and got a red bull.  NO DIP.  I was happy and called my wife to tell her.  She said good job and that was it.  I was much more excited.  I called my buddy every morning asking him how it was going and he said very very hard.  I agreed with him but we talked about how bad it was for us and helped each other.  We quit together.

FutureÂ…

Its been two weeks and it has gotten much much easier.  Im on a sunflower seed kick but that’s a good thing.  My body changed so much in the past 2 weeks.  Food tastes awesome again and my mouth doesn’t hurt.  No spit cans all over the place no dizzies when I put one in.  I must admit when I had a couple beers I wanted to throw one in, but I didn’t.  I stuck to my guns and its been a great run so far.  Its been easy now as I don’t have my body wanting it so the withdraw calmed down to the point of non existant.  I feel great and im proud of myself.

AdviceÂ…

Here is my advice to people who want to quit.  The mint leaves didn’t really work for me.  The fake stuff was much more of a pain in the ass and made me want to stop all in all (its way to weird to swallow that stuff).  Avoid going the same way to work for the first couple days.  Chop up your mac card and have to order another one not carrying any money on you.  No cash no snuff.  Get someone to bet with you and see who can go longest.  We bet 1k, and both of us still are going strong.  Its really up to YOU as a person if you want to do it you can.  All in all its been a rough road but one im glad I took.  My body feels much better and has changed a ton.  I feel great and going to continue to do what I have been doing with chew.  NOTHING!

If anyone wants someone to talk to about it hit me up in email I am willing to help anyone.
XXX @hnlabs.com
Welcome-

I hope you AND your friend are both members on this site and are posting roll daily. It will help to have more than two of you in your success.
Resist Much, Obey Little

Offline mns36

• Quitter
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2008, 10:27:00 AM »
Hopefully me writing this will help some of you trying to quit out there...Here goes...

On may 4th 2008 after getting done my last chew on a Sunday night i went in to take a leak in the bathroom.  I looke in the mirror and saw a ton of tabacco in my teeth.  I looked at myself and said, "god damn that is gross".  So it was my last dip so far.  I called my real good friend from down the street, cheewing snuff for 15 years and said I quit.  (I only chewed for almost a year).  He said quit what.  I said snuff.  I think the phone hit the floor.  (He didnt believe me because softball was just starting).  And that is a great time for chewin.  The first night of the quit was easy, I was a little bitchy due to the fact that i knew something i liked was gone, but i digress.  Monday I got up for work and didnt realize that I decided to quit.  Now like everyone i always said I was gonna quit and go buy the 2 for 1 special at turkey hill.  I was looking for all my dip in the morning then it dawned on me that I quit.  I got angry.  'Remshot'  I left for work but determined to quit I didnt stop at the turkey hill.  I got to work and pulled my boss and my coworker into a meeting and explained I was going to quit if im bitchy nothing personal.  They took it well.  So as the day went on lunch came and that was prime time for a dipper.  I skipped lunch and had no appetite.  (Odd for me love food)  I was starting to withdrawl pretty good and my body was pissed at me looking for the nicotine. 

The drive home...

I got in the car after work and this was the real test.  The drive home.  Now what happened was i lost my Mac card, so i had no cash on me.  Good for me cuz i couldnt stop and pick up a tin or 2.  My buddy called me and said i quit too, but lets go to walmart and pick up some of the herbal stuff.  Smokey mountain snuff was in my life 2 hours later.  My buddy and I dumped out our full tins of chew in my front yard.  It was a :(  sad day but i felt good about it.  I said to him you will never quit.  He said watch me.  We bet 1000 dollars on quitting.  I was on day 1 he was on hour 4. 

Next day and onÂ…

Next day i got up and it was very hard to not throw one in.  I went a different way to work avoiding the Turkey hills, still without a mac card, I had lost it over the weekend (ended up to be the best thing that ever happend to me).  So tuesday night came and we had a softball game.  I was doing the herbal stuff occasionally, but did it heavy at softball.  I was telling everyone i quit and there like you have one in now nitwit?  I was like no its mint leaves...they all laughed.  My buddy and I at the age of 25 (me) and my buddy (30) were chewing mint snuff.  Haha unreal.  Day 3 was the hardest.  Body was very pissed at this point no nicotine.  I said to myself if I can get past today I will be fine.  I avoided the turkey hill in the morning and didn’t go out for lunch.  The ride home I stopped at the turkey hill starred the chew down and got a red bull.  NO DIP.  I was happy and called my wife to tell her.  She said good job and that was it.  I was much more excited.  I called my buddy every morning asking him how it was going and he said very very hard.  I agreed with him but we talked about how bad it was for us and helped each other.  We quit together.

FutureÂ…

Its been two weeks and it has gotten much much easier.  Im on a sunflower seed kick but that’s a good thing.  My body changed so much in the past 2 weeks.  Food tastes awesome again and my mouth doesn’t hurt.  No spit cans all over the place no dizzies when I put one in.  I must admit when I had a couple beers I wanted to throw one in, but I didn’t.  I stuck to my guns and its been a great run so far.  Its been easy now as I don’t have my body wanting it so the withdraw calmed down to the point of non existant.  I feel great and im proud of myself.

AdviceÂ…

Here is my advice to people who want to quit.  The mint leaves didn’t really work for me.  The fake stuff was much more of a pain in the ass and made me want to stop all in all (its way to weird to swallow that stuff).  Avoid going the same way to work for the first couple days.  Chop up your mac card and have to order another one not carrying any money on you.  No cash no snuff.  Get someone to bet with you and see who can go longest.  We bet 1k, and both of us still are going strong.  Its really up to YOU as a person if you want to do it you can.  All in all its been a rough road but one im glad I took.  My body feels much better and has changed a ton.  I feel great and going to continue to do what I have been doing with chew.  NOTHING!

If anyone wants someone to talk to about it hit me up in email I am willing to help anyone.
XXX @hnlabs.com
All I can say is I hope no one wins the $1000.

Offline flucky07

• Quitter
My story on Quitting
« on: May 16, 2008, 09:56:00 AM »

On may 4th 2008 after getting done my last chew on a Sunday night i went in to take a leak in the bathroom. I looke in the mirror and saw a ton of tabacco in my teeth. I looked at myself and said, "god damn that is gross". So it was my last dip so far. I called my real good friend from down the street, cheewing snuff for 15 years and said I quit. (I only chewed for almost a year). He said quit what. I said snuff. I think the phone hit the floor. (He didnt believe me because softball was just starting). And that is a great time for chewin. The first night of the quit was easy, I was a little bitchy due to the fact that i knew something i liked was gone, but i digress. Monday I got up for work and didnt realize that I decided to quit. Now like everyone i always said I was gonna quit and go buy the 2 for 1 special at turkey hill. I was looking for all my dip in the morning then it dawned on me that I quit. I got angry. 'Remshot' I left for work but determined to quit I didnt stop at the turkey hill. I got to work and pulled my boss and my coworker into a meeting and explained I was going to quit if im bitchy nothing personal. They took it well. So as the day went on lunch came and that was prime time for a dipper. I skipped lunch and had no appetite. (Odd for me love food) I was starting to withdrawl pretty good and my body was pissed at me looking for the nicotine.

The drive home...

I got in the car after work and this was the real test. The drive home. Now what happened was i lost my Mac card, so i had no cash on me. Good for me cuz i couldnt stop and pick up a tin or 2. My buddy called me and said i quit too, but lets go to walmart and pick up some of the herbal stuff. Smokey mountain snuff was in my life 2 hours later. My buddy and I dumped out our full tins of chew in my front yard. It was a :( sad day but i felt good about it. I said to him you will never quit. He said watch me. We bet 1000 dollars on quitting. I was on day 1 he was on hour 4.

Next day and onÂ…

Next day i got up and it was very hard to not throw one in. I went a different way to work avoiding the Turkey hills, still without a mac card, I had lost it over the weekend (ended up to be the best thing that ever happend to me). So tuesday night came and we had a softball game. I was doing the herbal stuff occasionally, but did it heavy at softball. I was telling everyone i quit and there like you have one in now nitwit? I was like no its mint leaves...they all laughed. My buddy and I at the age of 25 (me) and my buddy (30) were chewing mint snuff. Haha unreal. Day 3 was the hardest. Body was very pissed at this point no nicotine. I said to myself if I can get past today I will be fine. I avoided the turkey hill in the morning and didnÂ’t go out for lunch. The ride home I stopped at the turkey hill starred the chew down and got a red bull. NO DIP. I was happy and called my wife to tell her. She said good job and that was it. I was much more excited. I called my buddy every morning asking him how it was going and he said very very hard. I agreed with him but we talked about how bad it was for us and helped each other. We quit together.

FutureÂ…

Its been two weeks and it has gotten much much easier. Im on a sunflower seed kick but thatÂ’s a good thing. My body changed so much in the past 2 weeks. Food tastes awesome again and my mouth doesnÂ’t hurt. No spit cans all over the place no dizzies when I put one in. I must admit when I had a couple beers I wanted to throw one in, but I didnÂ’t. I stuck to my guns and its been a great run so far. Its been easy now as I donÂ’t have my body wanting it so the withdraw calmed down to the point of non existant. I feel great and im proud of myself.

AdviceÂ…

Here is my advice to people who want to quit. The mint leaves didnÂ’t really work for me. The fake stuff was much more of a pain in the ass and made me want to stop all in all (its way to weird to swallow that stuff). Avoid going the same way to work for the first couple days. Chop up your mac card and have to order another one not carrying any money on you. No cash no snuff. Get someone to bet with you and see who can go longest. We bet 1k, and both of us still are going strong. Its really up to YOU as a person if you want to do it you can. All in all its been a rough road but one im glad I took. My body feels much better and has changed a ton. I feel great and going to continue to do what I have been doing with chew. NOTHING!

XXX @hnlabs.com