Author Topic: My story on Quitting  (Read 1935 times)

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: My story on Quitting
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2013, 08:14:00 AM »
Quote from: flucky07
Today i forgot roll call.  had to post late but worked on building my deck stairs all day!  Tonight was weird, had 2 beers and was around someone dipping and I didnt really have a problem!  Huge victory for me and im proud of myself!
Good job bro. Your doing great. Be proud, but be careful with the beers brother. Alcohol has killed many quits. Don't think for ONE SECOND you got a handle on this yet. The poison is NO JOKE and it waits for the perfect time to attack you mentally. Drinking, family problems, loneliness, tiredness, health issues and the list goes on.

You have come a long ways brother and as you know it was hard as hell getting this far. What sucks is it only takes one to put you right back at the beginning. Keep your quit close my friend. I'm quitting with you today.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline flucky07

• Quitter
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2013, 10:55:00 PM »
Today i forgot roll call. had to post late but worked on building my deck stairs all day! Tonight was weird, had 2 beers and was around someone dipping and I didnt really have a problem! Huge victory for me and im proud of myself!

Offline miles

• Quit Pro
  • Howdy, I'm Miles and I'm Quit
  • Quit Date: 3/7/2011
  • Interests: My kids, Quitting, Hunting, fishing, motorcycles, MTB, football, racing, baseball, guitar, family, running, Clint Eastwood, Cold Beer, Floating down the river, camping. Atlanta Braves, Atlanta Falcons, Houston Oilers (RIP - Love Ya Blue!)"]["{{}}{{}}][_
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2013, 01:40:00 PM »
Quote from: CaliforniaSlim
Thanks everyone...I know its going to be a bitch to quit...but i have had it with this disgusting crap...moving on no matter how hard it is...my workouts are 2 times more intense too because i take all my anger out on the workouts....

I guess i have some depression but thats all because of what i used to do.  I am trying to find things that make me happy and lower the amount of triggers for each day.  Unfortunately im still using the mint leaves stuff, jakes and smokey mountain but i will get rid of that after a month or 2 as well.

Insomnia is getting better sleeping better...
You are doing great. The nic is out of your system now, Just mind games. Each time you get through one of those triggers without caving, you have gained a link in your armor. You are stronger each time. Don't even sweat the fake stuff. It will go away on its own in time. Use it for as long as it helps.
Keep up this solid quit.
I am quit with you today
Right on Bro!

You are #winning one day at a time!

Quit with all of you guys.

Way to support your brother CaliSlim. That's what this website is all about.
I quit with with you all!

Offline CaliforniaSlim

• Quitter
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2013, 01:38:00 PM »
Thanks everyone...I know its going to be a bitch to quit...but i have had it with this disgusting crap...moving on no matter how hard it is...my workouts are 2 times more intense too because i take all my anger out on the workouts....

I guess i have some depression but thats all because of what i used to do. I am trying to find things that make me happy and lower the amount of triggers for each day. Unfortunately im still using the mint leaves stuff, jakes and smokey mountain but i will get rid of that after a month or 2 as well.

You are doing great. The nic is out of your system now, Just mind games. Each time you get through one of those triggers without caving, you have gained a link in your armor. You are stronger each time. Don't even sweat the fake stuff. It will go away on its own in time. Use it for as long as it helps.
Keep up this solid quit.
I am quit with you today

Offline flucky07

• Quitter
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2013, 10:54:00 AM »

I guess i have some depression but thats all because of what i used to do. I am trying to find things that make me happy and lower the amount of triggers for each day. Unfortunately im still using the mint leaves stuff, jakes and smokey mountain but i will get rid of that after a month or 2 as well.

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2013, 09:00:00 AM »
Good job on your roll post.. Your quit is going well. It's rough, but you can do it. 1000's have done it before you and 1000's more will do it after you.

Get to know some quitters in your group, there is a lot of bad asses in there going through the same struggles you are. Exchange numbers with some folks and this quit will become a little easier.

You mention last night all you thought about was dip,, well, prepare for a lot of the same for a few days, if not weeks. You are addicted to one of the most addictive drugs known to man and things are going be rough for a while. It will suck until it doesn't and then it won't...

Stay quit,, You got this!! Everything gets easier and after time you will kick yourself right in the ass for ever putting that filthy, addictive dirt in your pie hole. If you need some digits give me a pm.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline brinkhoffs52

• Quitter
  • Interests: Ice Hockey, Golf, Home Maintenance, Biking
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2013, 08:30:00 AM »
Hey Man.... Stay strong on the quit.... you are past the first three days, so the nicotine is out of your system. From here on out it is all about the mind games. You have been kicking the shit out of your brain for ages, so it will take time. Like everyone has said here before, it is going to be a bumpy ride, so hold on tight. QUIT doesn't happen by mistake. If it did, UST would be out of business...You need to work hard and EARN it!! EMBRACE the suck... Use your resources and your support.

All of us are here to quit with you... Sounds like you are embracing so far, so keep your foot on the nic bitches throat and never let up. If she squirms, push down harder....

QLF EDD

Brink
Quit Date: 7/30/13
Do, or do not... There is no "try"

Offline GR8WHITEBUFFALO

• Quitter
  • Interests: Running, hunting, fishing, golfing, wasting away in margaritaville.
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2013, 08:20:00 AM »
index.php?showtopic=8568

Here is a link to your quit group. Update your daily roll call there. Get to know your group and exchange numbers for support. Post your rants, observations or questions in on your introduction page. The system works if you work the system.

Welcome to KTC.
Enough is enough. Time to take control back from the nic bitch. My HOF speechGR8WHITEBUFFALO

Offline flucky07

• Quitter
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2013, 08:16:00 AM »
Day 5, was a pain in the ass last night...all i thought about was dipping...Hopefully today is better.

ERic

Offline flucky07

• Quitter
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2013, 01:51:00 PM »
Quote from: CBird65
good to keep updating your intro... but you need to post roll in Nov 13
I am...Day 4...Mouth feels excellent, slept okay. Feeling better each day and more proud each day. dentist appointment in a week scared to death.... 'embarrassed'

Offline cbird65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Own it or be OWNED by it
  • Quit Date: 12-31-2011
  • Interests: trying to follow in His footsteps, loving my bride and renewing my quit daily
  • Likes Given: 710
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2013, 12:45:00 PM »
good to keep updating your intro... but you need to post roll in Nov 13
Believe Me

FLOOR 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ,11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19,, 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29,,, 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
 ,,,,41 42 43 44 45 46

Assurance

Offline flucky07

• Quitter
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2013, 12:41:00 PM »
Quote from: FIGHTIN-IGNORANCE
Quote from: 30yrAddict
Quote from: Syndrome
Lucky for me i want to do it for me.  Im all in, make or break.  Time to end this silly habit once and for all...
man one thing i want to get thru your head. pickin your nose is a habit. what you got here is adicktshun.

addmittin to your self that your a adickt is tuff. cuz i mean man a adickt is that guy on the street corner what out a work and ways bout 100 pounds soakin wet and hes all dirty and shit and that cant be me.

noin that your fitin a drug problum is key number 1. man i had to start thinkin that way 4 and 3/4s years ago when i came here. and man im still quit. cuz i no the fite never ends with adicktshun.
oh i know im addicted. Im not hiding that at all. 2008 was the last time i really tried to quit went over 8 months before now im done for good.
The question of the day:

Quitters find a way to quit. Cavers find a way to cave.

Which group are you in?
Speak some that Quit wood stuff 30yr... Better make the decison now cause if you wait to decide...........SNATCH.......you be gone!
Day 3!..Sure could have been 5 years but its not, and im ashamed of it. But honestly there is only one thing i can do and that is moving forward be clean. Sure the truth hurts but everyone has to start at day 1 and move from there. This time its 100% for me and my health. I have shown i can lose weight now i have to prove to myself that i can quit for good. I have lost almost 50lbs in a year and a half, Eat well, excercise daily and now dont chew. Nothing is more beneficial than thinking i am a healthy human being. Thats what i call winning.

Offline FIGHTIN-IGNORANCE

• Quitter
  • Interests: Studying the "Word", My Two Boys, Hunting, fishing, Softball, Roller Hockey, learning to play acoustic guitar,
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2013, 09:25:00 PM »
Quote from: 30yrAddict
Lucky for me i want to do it for me.  Im all in, make or break.  Time to end this silly habit once and for all...
man one thing i want to get thru your head. pickin your nose is a habit. what you got here is adicktshun.

addmittin to your self that your a adickt is tuff. cuz i mean man a adickt is that guy on the street corner what out a work and ways bout 100 pounds soakin wet and hes all dirty and shit and that cant be me.

noin that your fitin a drug problum is key number 1. man i had to start thinkin that way 4 and 3/4s years ago when i came here. and man im still quit. cuz i no the fite never ends with adicktshun.
oh i know im addicted. Im not hiding that at all. 2008 was the last time i really tried to quit went over 8 months before now im done for good.
The question of the day:

Which group are you in?
Speak some that Quit wood stuff 30yr... Better make the decison now cause if you wait to decide...........SNATCH.......you be gone!
Quit Date 6/26/2013
DUCK FIP'S FOR LIFE!!
'KICKIN THE CAN' All Day Long!
Complancency sucks,one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

Someone, somewhere out there is suffering through a more intense crave than me and that person is staying quit. As will I. -JoeMellow

The connection of a common problem is strong, but the connection of a common solution is even stronger.-gorilla1

When we think we can't quit... We can... Cause ducks fly together... When the craves are to much to handle... Us ducks fly together.... When you want to cave... You won't... Because ducks fly together. Per our Jpete328
Freedom Started 06/26/2013....Freedom continues because of my choice and accountability from MY FELLOW DUCKS! QUACK ! QUACK! Thank You!

Offline 30yraddict

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Feb 13, 2011
  • Likes Given: 67
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2013, 09:09:00 PM »

The question of the day:

Which group are you in?

Offline Evil_Won

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: none
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2013, 08:39:00 PM »
Found your old intro and merged it with this one. Some similarities between the two. What will be different now?
"Dunno about you HP, but LOOT doesn't like getting assfucked, by anyone....and certainly won't chalk it up to 'shit happens'."