Author Topic: Quitting today  (Read 995 times)

Offline T-Cell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2012-02-10
  • Interests: Flyfishing, ice hockey (go Avs, go Pioneers!).Wife Sandra, 2 adult kids.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Quitting today
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2012, 10:27:00 PM »
Quote from: klark
Quote from: Eric71
Quote from: zsalinas
Hey everyone.  I am new here and don't really know how this works.  I've been thinking about quitting alot and my parents have been nagging me non stop about doing it.  I've always thought that you can't quit for someone else but rather you have to quit because you truly want to.  Today my dad told me how proud he would be if I quit and that just got me thinking.  I want nothing more than to not deal with dipping ever again and to have my dad be proud of  me.  More importantly I want to be proud of myself.  I am quitting today.  If anyone has tips that would be awesome. Wish me luck.
-Zach
Check your inbox and welcome
You don't need luck, we don't rely on luck. Give your word and honor it today. This will not be easy but make sure you quit for you and not anyone else.
Welcome Zach. You can do this. Listen to Klark, we don't try to quit, we just quit. Be accountable to yourself and your quit brothers. You need to quit for yourself so you can truely own it.
Fish, eat, sleep. Repeat.
quit date 2/10/12
HOF date 5/19/12
1 Year 2/10/13
2 Years 2/10/14
8th Floor 4/19/14

Offline klark

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 10/22/2009
  • Likes Given: 67
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2012, 10:00:00 AM »
Quote from: Eric71
Hey everyone.  I am new here and don't really know how this works.  I've been thinking about quitting alot and my parents have been nagging me non stop about doing it.  I've always thought that you can't quit for someone else but rather you have to quit because you truly want to.  Today my dad told me how proud he would be if I quit and that just got me thinking.  I want nothing more than to not deal with dipping ever again and to have my dad be proud of  me.  More importantly I want to be proud of myself.  I am quitting today.  If anyone has tips that would be awesome. Wish me luck.
-Zach
You don't need luck, we don't rely on luck. Give your word and honor it today. This will not be easy but make sure you quit for you and not anyone else.
A promise not kept is the road to exile.

If quitting is cool, consider me Myles Davis.

Unless you bring value onto my 1/2 acre, I don't want to hear it.

Offline eric71

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Weight Training, Powerlifting, Kettlebells, coaching, fantasy sports
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2012, 07:39:00 AM »
Hey everyone. I am new here and don't really know how this works. I've been thinking about quitting alot and my parents have been nagging me non stop about doing it. I've always thought that you can't quit for someone else but rather you have to quit because you truly want to. Today my dad told me how proud he would be if I quit and that just got me thinking. I want nothing more than to not deal with dipping ever again and to have my dad be proud of me. More importantly I want to be proud of myself. I am quitting today. If anyone has tips that would be awesome. Wish me luck.
-Zach

Offline zsalinas

• Likes Given: 0
Quitting today
« on: August 05, 2012, 03:07:00 AM »
Hey everyone. I am new here and don't really know how this works. I've been thinking about quitting alot and my parents have been nagging me non stop about doing it. I've always thought that you can't quit for someone else but rather you have to quit because you truly want to. Today my dad told me how proud he would be if I quit and that just got me thinking. I want nothing more than to not deal with dipping ever again and to have my dad be proud of me. More importantly I want to be proud of myself. I am quitting today. If anyone has tips that would be awesome. Wish me luck.
-Zach