Author Topic: My introduction  (Read 1031 times)

Offline dipbegone

• Quitter
  • Interests: Golf, Turf, Baseball Coach, all things with the kids, time on the boat wetting a line
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: My introduction
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2015, 11:07:00 PM »
Quote from: pab1964
Quote from: Idaho
Quote from: KingNothing
Quote from: AngryNickCage
Quote from: Motivatedkilljoy
Today is the time, idk how many times I said I was going to quit and before I know it I'm five or six cans past the one I was supposed to quit with and then just kept on with the habit until i got sick of being such a slave to the can again.
I started back in 11 and have been hooked ever since.. I have kept this a secret from everyone aside from my ex husband who got me started. Sneaking in the bathroom for 15 minute Breaks through out my day, having that panic attack when someone tries to open the door when I have a lip full, made me isolate myself alot more if I knew I couldn't dip in peace or if I would be stuck out in social situations for too long and feel the need to make a excuse to leave to go sneak home and cure that demon in me.
Like the rest of you I get so angry I turn into a different person when I can't get my fix. I bought my last can last Friday and that was gone by Sunday. That's when I quit and seriously had to talk myself out of buying one after work today, that's when I found this group.
The part I don't understand is to why I even like/need to dip, is because everytime afterwards I always feel tired and blah like the quick fix felt nice for a second but right back to feeling depressed after.
As for what has finally pushed me to make this time serious and not just something I say to myself to make me feel better about "just one more can" is that I'm pregnant. And using anything while expecting is not a good luck nor morally right in my opinion. So on top of my angry quitting emotions is my bitch hormonal ones so this looks like a good few months of being absolutely miserable.
'trainwreck'
Welcome to KTC. First step is to post roll and promise not to use any form of nicotine today. I think you will be in the pre-HOF March quit group. Those are your brethren. Post your promise to them every day.

You like dipping because you are a nicotine addict. That's all. As the shit leaves your system and falls out of routine, it will get easier. Besides, you have all kinds of body pains, temperature disparity, sleeplessness, nausea, and organ compression to look forward to that will take your mind off of this

Good luck!
Your mind and body THINK and FEEL like you need nicotine, but you do NOT need nicotine in any form today. This is good news for you and your baby. The withdrawal from nicotine is not very fun, but I can make you a promise. If you quit, and stay quit, you will never regret it. After a little bit of time, you will be amazed at the freedom and health to be gained by never touching that poison again.

Nicotine has messed with every facet of your life for the last four years. Time to take back who is in charge.
^^ good advice there.
Post roll! and read up.
You don't need to be a slave to the addiction anymore and the stress of not having to hide it from other is liberating!
Well Joy, let's think about it this way. When you pack a fatty so does your baby. Don't be a selfish asshole like I was, your baby could be born with all kinds of deformities. It's simple, quit and have alot better chance of having a healthy beautiful baby! Post Roll, read, listen, learn and stay active. Pm me for digits if you want.
You have absolutely found the only way to positively quit the fucking poison. Follow the lead of the vets. Get on roll Every Damn Day EDD and early. Make a promise to your brethren you won't use nic for just that day. Early on, take it hour by hour, hell even minute by minute. Believe me, I didn't think making a promise to a bunch of dudes and dudettes on the interweb would mean shit. Hell, I couldn't keep the promise to my closest loved ones. Ya know what, I was dead wrong. I refuse to let my team at KTC down. Period. It can't happen. So when I wake up and post roll, Nic is off the table for the day. PM me if you need anything. Stay strong.

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2015, 10:20:00 PM »
Quote from: Idaho
Today is the time, idk how many times I said I was going to quit and before I know it I'm five or six cans past the one I was supposed to quit with and then just kept on with the habit until i got sick of being such a slave to the can again.
I started back in 11 and have been hooked ever since.. I have kept this a secret from everyone aside from my ex husband who got me started. Sneaking in the bathroom for 15 minute Breaks through out my day, having that panic attack when someone tries to open the door when I have a lip full, made me isolate myself alot more if I knew I couldn't dip in peace or if I would be stuck out in social situations for too long and feel the need to make a excuse to leave to go sneak home and cure that demon in me.
Like the rest of you I get so angry I turn into a different person when I can't get my fix. I bought my last can last Friday and that was gone by Sunday. That's when I quit and seriously had to talk myself out of buying one after work today, that's when I found this group.
The part I don't understand is to why I even like/need to dip, is because everytime afterwards I always feel tired and blah like the quick fix felt nice for a second but right back to feeling depressed after.
As for what has finally pushed me to make this time serious and not just something I say to myself to make me feel better about "just one more can" is that I'm pregnant. And using anything while expecting is not a good luck nor morally right in my opinion. So on top of my angry quitting emotions is my bitch hormonal ones so this looks like a good few months of being absolutely miserable.
'trainwreck'
Welcome to KTC. First step is to post roll and promise not to use any form of nicotine today. I think you will be in the pre-HOF March quit group. Those are your brethren. Post your promise to them every day.

You like dipping because you are a nicotine addict. That's all. As the shit leaves your system and falls out of routine, it will get easier. Besides, you have all kinds of body pains, temperature disparity, sleeplessness, nausea, and organ compression to look forward to that will take your mind off of this

Good luck!
Your mind and body THINK and FEEL like you need nicotine, but you do NOT need nicotine in any form today. This is good news for you and your baby. The withdrawal from nicotine is not very fun, but I can make you a promise. If you quit, and stay quit, you will never regret it. After a little bit of time, you will be amazed at the freedom and health to be gained by never touching that poison again.

Nicotine has messed with every facet of your life for the last four years. Time to take back who is in charge.
^^ good advice there.
Post roll! and read up.
You don't need to be a slave to the addiction anymore and the stress of not having to hide it from other is liberating!
Well Joy, let's think about it this way. When you pack a fatty so does your baby. Don't be a selfish asshole like I was, your baby could be born with all kinds of deformities. It's simple, quit and have alot better chance of having a healthy beautiful baby! Post Roll, read, listen, learn and stay active. Pm me for digits if you want.
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline quark

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-03-23
  • Interests: Biking, swimming, running, reading
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2015, 08:44:00 PM »
idk how many times I said I was going to quit and before I know it I'm five or six cans past the one I was supposed to quit with and then just kept on with the habit until i got sick of being such a slave to the can again.

I have kept this a secret from everyone.... Sneaking in the bathroom for 15 minute Breaks through out my day, having that panic attack when someone tries to open the door when I have a lip full, made me isolate myself alot more if I knew I couldn't dip in peace or if I would be stuck out in social situations for too long and feel the need to make a excuse to leave to go sneak home and cure that demon in me.

I know how many times I said I was going to quit and kept on going: 28 years.

You 'needed' dip because you are an addict to nicotine, and every time you went more than a few hours without, your body started to crave it and you would get anxious without it, and your mood would sour, so you tossed another dip in.

30 year ninja dipper here, your description of socially isolating yourself and fear of someone seeing you with a dip in your mouth is spot on for me.

Keep admitting to yourself that you are an addict. Keep posting roll first thing every day. You got addicted to a nasty drug when you were just a babe. Let's get this travesty fixed, and keep you off of this shit.

Offline Idaho Spuds

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: August 18, 2014
  • Interests: Family, Soccer, fishing, hunting, camping
  • Likes Given: 71
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2015, 07:53:00 PM »
'trainwreck'

Good luck!

^^ good advice there.
Post roll! and read up.

Offline KingNothing

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 2015-07-10
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2015, 05:51:00 PM »
'trainwreck'

Good luck!

"Fuck nicotine dude. You don't need it. And you don't want it. It didn't do a thing for you and you know it." - worktowin
"today you dissided that shit wont control your life. and it wont. unless you let it." - drome
"Not thinking about nicotine is for people who've never used nicotine. We threw that option away with the first dip or drag on a cigarette. We are addicts, and cannot become un-addicted." - wildirish317
"You need to decide how much you really want to be quit." - pky1520
We are always at risk. And probably always will be. That is why I will never get "too quit" to post my +1. Every. Damn. Day. - geis2597

Intro
Freedom Tastes So Good

Quit: 7/10/15, HOF: 10/17/15, 2nd Floor: 1/25/16, 3rd Floor: 5/4/16, 1 year: 7/10/16 4th Floor: 8/12/16, 5th Floor: 11/20/16, 6th Floor: 2/28/17, 7th Floor: 6/8/17, 2 years: 7/10/17, 8th Floor: 9/16/17, 9th Floor: 12/25/17, Comma: 4/4/18, 3 years: 7/10/18, 11th Floor: 7/13/18

Offline AngryNickCage

• Quitter
  • Interests: PhilosophyOhio State, Boston College, and Cincinnati Bengals footballGuns....ooooh.....guns
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2015, 05:03:00 PM »
'trainwreck'

Good luck!

Offline Motivatedkilljoy

• Quit Date: 2015-12-13
My introduction
« on: December 15, 2015, 04:20:00 PM »
'trainwreck'