Author Topic: November 22, 2012 - The last time I quit  (Read 3073 times)

Offline 30yraddict

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Feb 13, 2011
  • Likes Given: 67
Re: November 22, 2012 - The last time I quit
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2012, 11:42:00 AM »
Quote from: cdaniels
Quote from: tazbutane
Day 31

1 month quit after 30 years of addiction - not a bad start.

I will remain quit today.

I would like to thank everyone on this site.
The amount of support I have seen and have personally received over the last month is overwhelming.

I have not tried to do the math; but I bet I have witnessed more people join and leave the site
than have managed to remain quit for more than 7 days.
That is one hell of a indication of how addictive nicotene is.

I had my last dip on Thanksgiving day 2012 and as I write this it is 2 days before Christmas.
It seemed like a good time to put something down on 'paper', and give thanks to everyone here.
Even seeing all of the people come and go have helped me keep my quit strong.

31 days and a lot of people have come and gone.
Some were quit for long periods of time, left and returned after caving.
A couple of people never left but still posted new day 1's.
I am guessing this is a cycle that will continue every month.

I have added 20+ new phone numbers in my phone this month
All starting with KTC so I can find them easily when I  need them.

I would like to thank all of the moderators and administators that keep this site up and running.
KTC is a life saver for many people, including myself.

I try not to look to the future when thinking about my quit, it is a day by day affair.
I do plan on staying active; as have many others here, as a means of saying thanks to everyone here.

Soon enough we will be starting a new year, I will be healthier than I have been in a very long time.
I do not make new years resolutions; but I do make new day resolutions, every morning when I post roll.

Thanks to eveyone

Steve/Tazbutane
thank you sir taz.
Awesome post taz. It is an honor to have you here.

Offline cdaniels

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2012, 10:43:00 AM »
Day 31

The amount of support I have seen and have personally received over the last month is overwhelming.

I have not tried to do the math; but I bet I have witnessed more people join and leave the site

I had my last dip on Thanksgiving day 2012 and as I write this it is 2 days before Christmas.
It seemed like a good time to put something down on 'paper', and give thanks to everyone here.

All starting with KTC so I can find them easily when I need them.

I would like to thank all of the moderators and administators that keep this site up and running.

I try not to look to the future when thinking about my quit, it is a day by day affair.
I do plan on staying active; as have many others here, as a means of saying thanks to everyone here.

Soon enough we will be starting a new year, I will be healthier than I have been in a very long time.
I do not make new years resolutions; but I do make new day resolutions, every morning when I post roll.

Thanks to eveyone

Steve/Tazbutane
thank you sir taz.
Quit date 11-20-12
Never again for any reason. I quit for today. Today I live.
http://forum.killthecan.org/index.php?showtopic=7796
http://www.killthecan.org/facts/contract.asp

Offline Tazbutane

• Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: 11/22/12
  • Likes Given: 39
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2012, 10:28:00 AM »
Day 31

All starting with KTC so I can find them easily when I need them.

Thanks to eveyone

Steve/Tazbutane
March 2013 - Mad Men of Quit        
Quit date: 11/22/12          
Sobriety Date: 4/10/2006         
HOF Date 03/02/2013         
Semper Fidelis

Offline Roamcountry

• Quit Pro
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2012, 04:02:00 PM »
Quote from: jhodge
Quote from: Kubiak
Quote from: Morgan1
Taz, you're the real deal man, keep it up.  I promise you, if I can quit for 135 days then YOU SIR can quit!!!!!
He's right Taz. Same goes for me. If I can quit you can too! I went 26 years without missing a day of poisoning myself (unless I was really sick). I never tried to quit until the day I showed up here. It can be done. As the days start to pile up for you, you will start to believe. Its a great feeling! Keep up the good work.
Dude I dipped the same day I had a tooth extracted. Fucking nicotine I hate you.
I had all four wisdom teeth pulled and could barely eat for a week. Didn't stop me from dipping though.

I figure if I work half as hard on my quit as I worked to get my fix on a daily basis there is no way I can fail!

I just have to do it every single day. I sure as hell never missed a day of dipping for 30 years.

Now I just need to not miss a day of quitting dipping for the next 30....

Easy peasy.
man thats crazy. I had all four pulled at the same time in January, 2 were impacted, 1 got dry socket, and I was able to survive without dip for about 4 days, of course I planned for it and had a nicotine patch on during it. I actually told myself I was gonna quit then after I made the 4 days, went to the store to buy fake shit, instead bought grizz and that was the end of that.
Us jarheads aint exactly known for our brains. I was basically on a self perscribed liquid diet of alcohol to deal with the pain. A week later I was mostly all better.... 'Crazy'
I like taz....

Offline Tazbutane

• Quitting MoFo
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2012, 02:16:00 PM »
Quote from: jhodge
Taz, you're the real deal man, keep it up.  I promise you, if I can quit for 135 days then YOU SIR can quit!!!!!
He's right Taz. Same goes for me. If I can quit you can too! I went 26 years without missing a day of poisoning myself (unless I was really sick). I never tried to quit until the day I showed up here. It can be done. As the days start to pile up for you, you will start to believe. Its a great feeling! Keep up the good work.
Dude I dipped the same day I had a tooth extracted. Fucking nicotine I hate you.
I had all four wisdom teeth pulled and could barely eat for a week. Didn't stop me from dipping though.

I figure if I work half as hard on my quit as I worked to get my fix on a daily basis there is no way I can fail!

I just have to do it every single day. I sure as hell never missed a day of dipping for 30 years.

Easy peasy.
man thats crazy. I had all four pulled at the same time in January, 2 were impacted, 1 got dry socket, and I was able to survive without dip for about 4 days, of course I planned for it and had a nicotine patch on during it. I actually told myself I was gonna quit then after I made the 4 days, went to the store to buy fake shit, instead bought grizz and that was the end of that.
Us jarheads aint exactly known for our brains. I was basically on a self perscribed liquid diet of alcohol to deal with the pain. A week later I was mostly all better.... 'Crazy'
HOF Date 03/02/2013         
Semper Fidelis

Offline jhodge

• Quitter
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2012, 02:03:00 PM »

Easy peasy.
Quit: 11/27/2012
HOF 03/06/2013

Offline Tazbutane

• Quitting MoFo
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2012, 01:30:00 PM »

Easy peasy.
HOF Date 03/02/2013         
Semper Fidelis

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2012, 01:29:00 PM »
I dipped 3 cans one day when I strep throat.

Not because it was going well either. I was literally screaming in pain.

I'd put one in to get my fix, my throat would flare up something horrible, I'd moan out some gross sound, flick the shit in the trashcan...and then repeat this process a minute or so later.

Ironically, the final can I gave up on and went to bed. By then the antibiotics had kicked in and it wasn't as sore...so I bought a fresh can the next morning.

Fast forward a few weeks...I was out of chew, and looking for backup cans. Found my strep throat can. Chewed that, and then....Voila! Strep throat (and this whole process all over again)!!!

'bang head'
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline Kubiak

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2012, 01:19:00 PM »

Offline kana

• Quitter
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2012, 09:49:00 AM »
Quote from: CoachDoc
Posting this in my intro and on March 2013's page:

Day 19

We had a 'high profile' qutter join our group yesterday. One night of drinking, one dip, and 140+ days of quit out the window.

That sucks for him, but will be good for our group.

A word of caution however:

I quit drinking for the last time April 10th 2006.

Before that I had a long list of quit days. They all started with just one drink.

Being quit for a period of time, caving once and then qutting again is extremely dangerous and tempting! Do not fall for the trap.

I would have a bad day and say to myself:

"self, remember 6 weeks ago when you drank one night and then quit again? You got this licked,

you can drink again tonight to take care of all your troubles today and quit again tomorrow. Easy peasy."

I did that for several years before I realized you cannot just one, ever.

You know what taking just one does?

You lose all of the days quit you worked so hard to build up.

You lose all of the trust you worked so hard to gain.

You put your addict brain right back to day one!!!!

Taking one is a slippery slope that will turn into a cliff in an instant.

How many people have you heard of on this board who caved once and then quit again the next day?

I have not read about any yet.

I sincerely hope this is the first and last time that I do hear this story, becuase it is all to familiar to me.

Posting day 1 again is exactly that, posting day 1 again.

The physical withdrawal symptoms will not  be there. But the mind games start all over.

If we can do anything to help pm us with your number, we are a group of fairly new but bad ass quitters.

I am not a writer and have difficulty putting my thoughts on paper, hopefully this makes sense.

Stay strong and stay vigilant.

Day by day brothers.

Peace-out.
Great quitting here - and I do believe you are grabbing this quit by the horns and controlling it....you, my friend, GET it.

The one thing I would differ with is this:

"Posting day 1 again is exactly that, posting day 1 again."

Actually, it isn't just posting Day 1 again. Within that new day one, you have broken a bond, failed to hold yourself to the standards you have agreed to by joining us here, and failed to maintain your integrity, therefore potentially threatening the integrity of each and every other quitter you come in contact with - how can we trust that caver to be there in the moment that we may need that extra support when we are on the edge? It's like any structure....once that initial integrity is broken, the original strength is never as strong and grows weaker with each new fracture.

Keep it strong from the beginning. Caving is not an option.
Nice quittin Taz.. doesn't matter who's in your group as long as you've made a choice. I wouldn't build my house with a cracked brick though. I'd use a different ones.. I haven't had a drink in 8 years. one less worry for us. The only thing that feels better than my quit is never having a hangover! Keep strong brother, one day at a time.. Today I'm free...
we choose our battles.. the battles we do fight, be aware that they have to be, but passion rules? James Hetfield

Offline CoachDoc

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2010-02-24
  • Interests: Coaching football/baseball, reading, hiking, kayaking, camping, watching my 4 sons grow up
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2012, 09:37:00 AM »

Day 19

We had a 'high profile' qutter join our group yesterday. One night of drinking, one dip, and 140+ days of quit out the window.

Before that I had a long list of quit days. They all started with just one drink.

Being quit for a period of time, caving once and then qutting again is extremely dangerous and tempting! Do not fall for the trap.

"self, remember 6 weeks ago when you drank one night and then quit again? You got this licked,

you can drink again tonight to take care of all your troubles today and quit again tomorrow. Easy peasy."

How many people have you heard of on this board who caved once and then quit again the next day?

I sincerely hope this is the first and last time that I do hear this story, becuase it is all to familiar to me.

The physical withdrawal symptoms will not be there. But the mind games start all over.

If we can do anything to help pm us with your number, we are a group of fairly new but bad ass quitters.

I am not a writer and have difficulty putting my thoughts on paper, hopefully this makes sense.

Day by day brothers.

Peace-out.
Great quitting here - and I do believe you are grabbing this quit by the horns and controlling it....you, my friend, GET it.

The one thing I would differ with is this:

"Posting day 1 again is exactly that, posting day 1 again."

Actually, it isn't just posting Day 1 again. Within that new day one, you have broken a bond, failed to hold yourself to the standards you have agreed to by joining us here, and failed to maintain your integrity, therefore potentially threatening the integrity of each and every other quitter you come in contact with - how can we trust that caver to be there in the moment that we may need that extra support when we are on the edge? It's like any structure....once that initial integrity is broken, the original strength is never as strong and grows weaker with each new fracture.

Keep it strong from the beginning. Caving is not an option.
Blah...Blah...Blah...You keep TALKIN....I'll keep QUITTIN

I'm not here to make friends, I'm here to support YOUR quit.

Quit Date: 2/25/10 and every day since
HoF: June 4, 2010
HOF Speech
10th Floor: November 20, 2012

Offline Morgan1

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2012-05-29
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2012, 08:57:00 AM »
Taz, you're the real deal man, keep it up. I promise you, if I can quit for 135 days then YOU SIR can quit!!!!!
I have control over my quit. There's no luck involved. - Diesel2112

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Kubiak

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2012, 08:43:00 AM »
Taz, you're the real deal man, keep it up. I promise you, if I can quit for 135 days then YOU SIR can quit!!!!!

Offline Tazbutane

• Quitting MoFo
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2012, 07:40:00 AM »

Day 19

The physical withdrawal symptoms will not be there. But the mind games start all over.

Day by day brothers.

Peace-out.
HOF Date 03/02/2013         
Semper Fidelis

Offline Morgan1

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2012-05-29
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2012, 05:18:00 PM »
Quote from: Bruce
Quote from: CoachDoc
I am going to follow the trend I have been seeing and use my introduction page as a journal of my quit journey.

Day 14

No serious quit issues up to this point, I believe there are several reasons for this:
1. This is not my first addiction quit, I have been sober since April 10th, 2006
2. I have spent a lot of time on this site, reading everything I can, getting  involved where I feel comfortable and going in to live chat every night.
3. Daily accountablility of roll call. Worked for Alcoholism, works for nicotineism (what do you call nicotine addiction anyways - besides stupid....).

So after 14 days:
I am sleeping a little better, especially after I cut down on the massive amounts of caffiene I have been used to drinking. This is probably another addiction I need to work on, I will just slow down for now, can't give up to much at once.

Cravings are getting weaker and shorter Woo hoo!
I am getting the names and numbers of a ton of people. Some from the March 2013 group I belong to and some from the kick ass veterans on the site. Texting occasionally with them more for practice than real need at this point. forming relationships now will make it easier to talk to them later when needed.

I can see some friendships developing and plan on remaining active here for a long time.

Plenty of drama on the site over the last two weeks, I expect that is normal for a site filled with addicts in the midst of giving up there vice.

March 2013 has had numoursous people coming and going on a daily basis. It is nice to see so many people attempting to quit everyday. Sad to see so many leaving after only a day or two.

I will never go through another two weeks like the last two.

Looking forward to whatever changes are still coming. All around attitude seems to be much better. I am keeping vigilant at all times to keep the funk away. Like the Boy Scout motto says: Be prepared!

Semper Fidelis

Taz
You're doing good...gettin stronger each day.....A life of quit is your destiny!
Tazi!!!! You get it, you're a leader, you're the man. Keep rocking it and DON'T lose sight of why we are here brother!
Hey Taz -- Everything you say here is spot on. There is a slew of things this site offers : support, friendship, drama, humor, etc etc. I love being here. I love the people - 99% of whom I will never meet in person - that I have met here. I love the fact that I quit dipping 193 days ago and this site helped/helps me continue to quit. You are in the right place bro. Keep doin whatcha do! Quit with you..
I have control over my quit. There's no luck involved. - Diesel2112

------------------------------------------------------------------------------