Author Topic: November 22, 2012 - The last time I quit  (Read 3072 times)

Offline Bruce

• Quit Pro
    • www.facebook.com
  • Quit Date: 2011-11-21
  • Interests: Long walks on the beach, cuddling up next to that special someone in front of a fire, just watching the sunset, and titty bars.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: November 22, 2012 - The last time I quit
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2012, 11:11:00 AM »
Quote from: CoachDoc
Quote from: tazbutane
I am going to follow the trend I have been seeing and use my introduction page as a journal of my quit journey.

Day 14

No serious quit issues up to this point, I believe there are several reasons for this:
1. This is not my first addiction quit, I have been sober since April 10th, 2006
2. I have spent a lot of time on this site, reading everything I can, getting  involved where I feel comfortable and going in to live chat every night.
3. Daily accountablility of roll call. Worked for Alcoholism, works for nicotineism (what do you call nicotine addiction anyways - besides stupid....).

So after 14 days:
I am sleeping a little better, especially after I cut down on the massive amounts of caffiene I have been used to drinking. This is probably another addiction I need to work on, I will just slow down for now, can't give up to much at once.

Cravings are getting weaker and shorter Woo hoo!
I am getting the names and numbers of a ton of people. Some from the March 2013 group I belong to and some from the kick ass veterans on the site. Texting occasionally with them more for practice than real need at this point. forming relationships now will make it easier to talk to them later when needed.

I can see some friendships developing and plan on remaining active here for a long time.

Plenty of drama on the site over the last two weeks, I expect that is normal for a site filled with addicts in the midst of giving up there vice.

March 2013 has had numoursous people coming and going on a daily basis. It is nice to see so many people attempting to quit everyday. Sad to see so many leaving after only a day or two.

I will never go through another two weeks like the last two.

Looking forward to whatever changes are still coming. All around attitude seems to be much better. I am keeping vigilant at all times to keep the funk away. Like the Boy Scout motto says: Be prepared!

Semper Fidelis

Taz
You're doing good...gettin stronger each day.....A life of quit is your destiny!
Tazi!!!! You get it, you're a leader, you're the man. Keep rocking it and DON'T lose sight of why we are here brother!
Quit date: 11/21/11
HOF date: 2/28/12
Comma date: 8/16/14
It's a freedom thing

Caving is NOT an option

-"Now I can walk through walls and my quit can talk to god. That's right. Crazy voodoo magic quit" Souliman

-'Stop being a pussy and quit' Tarpon17

-"this is the gheyest place on earth, if you say it in here it might become someones signature" Bigwhitebeast

- "We Quit Like Fuck" - Coach Steve

Offline CoachDoc

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2010-02-24
  • Interests: Coaching football/baseball, reading, hiking, kayaking, camping, watching my 4 sons grow up
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2012, 11:05:00 AM »
I am going to follow the trend I have been seeing and use my introduction page as a journal of my quit journey.

Day 14

No serious quit issues up to this point, I believe there are several reasons for this:
1. This is not my first addiction quit, I have been sober since April 10th, 2006
2. I have spent a lot of time on this site, reading everything I can, getting involved where I feel comfortable and going in to live chat every night.
3. Daily accountablility of roll call. Worked for Alcoholism, works for nicotineism (what do you call nicotine addiction anyways - besides stupid....).

So after 14 days:
I am sleeping a little better, especially after I cut down on the massive amounts of caffiene I have been used to drinking. This is probably another addiction I need to work on, I will just slow down for now, can't give up to much at once.

I am getting the names and numbers of a ton of people. Some from the March 2013 group I belong to and some from the kick ass veterans on the site. Texting occasionally with them more for practice than real need at this point. forming relationships now will make it easier to talk to them later when needed.

I can see some friendships developing and plan on remaining active here for a long time.

Plenty of drama on the site over the last two weeks, I expect that is normal for a site filled with addicts in the midst of giving up there vice.

March 2013 has had numoursous people coming and going on a daily basis. It is nice to see so many people attempting to quit everyday. Sad to see so many leaving after only a day or two.

Looking forward to whatever changes are still coming. All around attitude seems to be much better. I am keeping vigilant at all times to keep the funk away. Like the Boy Scout motto says: Be prepared!

Semper Fidelis

Taz
You're doing good...gettin stronger each day.....A life of quit is your destiny!
Blah...Blah...Blah...You keep TALKIN....I'll keep QUITTIN

I'm not here to make friends, I'm here to support YOUR quit.

Quit Date: 2/25/10 and every day since
HoF: June 4, 2010
HOF Speech
10th Floor: November 20, 2012

Offline Roamcountry

• Quit Pro
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2012, 02:24:00 PM »

Day 14

2. I have spent a lot of time on this site, reading everything I can, getting involved where I feel comfortable and going in to live chat every night.

So after 14 days:

Semper Fidelis

Taz
Nice work man, keep it up!

Offline Tazbutane

• Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: 11/22/12
  • Likes Given: 39
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2012, 01:53:00 PM »

Day 14

So after 14 days:

Semper Fidelis

Taz
March 2013 - Mad Men of Quit        
Quit date: 11/22/12          
Sobriety Date: 4/10/2006         
HOF Date 03/02/2013         
Semper Fidelis

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2012, 07:17:00 PM »
Something I have found useful in my quit:

Meditation

It doesn’t have to be done sitting cross legged on the ground with incense burning while chanting ‘ohhhmmm’ either (although that may also work).

There are plenty of online resources as well as several good books out there that can help to get you started.

In a nutshell, Meditation is simply focusing on one thing, and pushing all other thoughts out of your head.

It takes practice; and I am in no way an expert at it, but it has been invaluable to me over the years and in my current quit.

Anyway, just thought I would share.

Any tool that can help in our quit right?

Steve
Whatever you do...just keep doing it.

Stopping is a decision. It lacks focus, but entails actions.

Quitting is focus and action.

Proud of you man
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline Bruce

• Quit Pro
    • www.facebook.com
  • Quit Date: 2011-11-21
  • Interests: Long walks on the beach, cuddling up next to that special someone in front of a fire, just watching the sunset, and titty bars.
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2012, 09:24:00 AM »

Meditation

It doesn’t have to be done sitting cross legged on the ground with incense burning while chanting ‘ohhhmmm’ either (although that may also work).

There are plenty of online resources as well as several good books out there that can help to get you started.

In a nutshell, Meditation is simply focusing on one thing, and pushing all other thoughts out of your head.

It takes practice; and I am in no way an expert at it, but it has been invaluable to me over the years and in my current quit.

Steve
A quitter here introduced me to that a little while ago, every since I've done it at least once a week. It's pretty damn relaxing and help relieve a lot of stress. I.e. it helps me with my quit. I got started with a couple YouTube videos and went from there, it can absolutely be an another ally in your quit. I was thinkin just the other day how, like cranberry juice. I wish I learned about it earlier in my quit.
Quit date: 11/21/11
HOF date: 2/28/12
Comma date: 8/16/14
It's a freedom thing

Caving is NOT an option

-"Now I can walk through walls and my quit can talk to god. That's right. Crazy voodoo magic quit" Souliman

-'Stop being a pussy and quit' Tarpon17

-"this is the gheyest place on earth, if you say it in here it might become someones signature" Bigwhitebeast

- "We Quit Like Fuck" - Coach Steve

Offline Tazbutane

• Quitting MoFo
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2012, 08:41:00 AM »

Meditation

Steve
HOF Date 03/02/2013         
Semper Fidelis

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2012, 08:24:00 PM »
Steve
x2 what 30 said. Inbox(2)
For me it's about freedom! It feels sooo good to be in control!
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline 30yraddict

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Feb 13, 2011
  • Likes Given: 67
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2012, 07:37:00 PM »
Hey Everyone, Just posted in the March quit group, so I thought I would introduce myself. I have been dipping Cope for about 30 years now. Damn, I did not realize it had been that long until I just did the math....

First time I swore I would quit was when the cost of a tin went over a $1.00. I paid $4.25 a couple of days ago for one, guess I got a little lost along the way ;-)

I quit drinking over 6 years ago (April 10, 2006) I swear nicotine is harder to stop in some ways than that was.

Day by day worked for that quit also, looking forward to daily roll calls to keep me going.

thanks,

Steve
Welcome Steve!

We all got lost along the way. This is the place to get this done. You can do this.

Good to have you aboard! Check your inbox (1)

Offline Tazbutane

• Quitting MoFo
November 22, 2012 - The last time I quit
« on: November 25, 2012, 07:27:00 PM »
Hey Everyone, Just posted in the March quit group, so I thought I would introduce myself. I have been dipping Cope for about 30 years now. Damn, I did not realize it had been that long until I just did the math....

First time I swore I would quit was when the cost of a tin went over a $1.00. I paid $4.25 a couple of days ago for one, guess I got a little lost along the way ;-)

I quit drinking over 6 years ago (April 10, 2006) I swear nicotine is harder to stop in some ways than that was.

Day by day worked for that quit also, looking forward to daily roll calls to keep me going.

thanks,

Steve

edited to change title at tazbutane's request - 30yrAddict
HOF Date 03/02/2013         
Semper Fidelis