Author Topic: Took long enough;  (Read 1522 times)

Offline MichaelsNewLife

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Took long enough;
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2010, 04:27:00 PM »
Quote from: Greg5280
Quote from: kdip
Quote from: Ready
Quote from: GeorgeC
Yesterday I watched my wife explain to my six year old son that his goldfish "Jorge" died.  I have never seen him so upset, huge tears, sobbing, confused, basically decimated by the news.  Watched my wife try calming him by talking about Jorge being with God, swimming in heaven, not being sick any more, etc, then pictured her having to do this with three boys day after day after day because their dad died from cancer/Kodiak.  Felt a huge wave of guilt the rest of the day.  Today the guilt has been replaced by pride, 39 days quit and never touching that shit again. 

GeorgeC
Remember this every time you have a crave.

Most people can't quit for one day let alone 39. I am proud of you as well.
Great Decision George!!! Your family will be forever thankfull!!!
Great Post. We all have many reasons to stay quit. Just wake up each morning and look around.

Glad to have you !!
Here - here...that is awesome motivation to remain quit.

I would also suggest reading the Kern story and replace your wife and children in the story; then pop over to take a look at the cancer pictures - that should do it.
HOF: 17-JUL-2010

I am saved by God's grace and I am quit through His strength, courage, and power.

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Offline Greg5280

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • BONAFIDE QUIT BEAST
  • Quit Date: 10-30-2009
  • Interests: Golf, Running, Cycling, Being outside, Spending time with my family. Quitting and helping newbies.
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2010, 01:25:00 PM »
Quote from: kdip
Yesterday I watched my wife explain to my six year old son that his goldfish "Jorge" died.  I have never seen him so upset, huge tears, sobbing, confused, basically decimated by the news.  Watched my wife try calming him by talking about Jorge being with God, swimming in heaven, not being sick any more, etc, then pictured her having to do this with three boys day after day after day because their dad died from cancer/Kodiak.  Felt a huge wave of guilt the rest of the day.  Today the guilt has been replaced by pride, 39 days quit and never touching that shit again. 

GeorgeC

Great Post. We all have many reasons to stay quit. Just wake up each morning and look around.

Glad to have you !!

Offline Kdip

• Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Quitting and helping others quit, riding my motorcycle, baseball, football, old furniture restoration, junk collecting, vintage arcade machines, rafting, tubing, camping, my family and dog
  • Likes Given: 295
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2010, 12:35:00 PM »

GeorgeC

Offline Ready

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2010, 12:27:00 PM »
Yesterday I watched my wife explain to my six year old son that his goldfish "Jorge" died. I have never seen him so upset, huge tears, sobbing, confused, basically decimated by the news. Watched my wife try calming him by talking about Jorge being with God, swimming in heaven, not being sick any more, etc, then pictured her having to do this with three boys day after day after day because their dad died from cancer/Kodiak. Felt a huge wave of guilt the rest of the day. Today the guilt has been replaced by pride, 39 days quit and never touching that shit again.

GeorgeC

Offline GeorgeC

• Quitter
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2010, 12:23:00 PM »
Yesterday I watched my wife explain to my six year old son that his goldfish "Jorge" died. I have never seen him so upset, huge tears, sobbing, confused, basically decimated by the news. Watched my wife try calming him by talking about Jorge being with God, swimming in heaven, not being sick any more, etc, then pictured her having to do this with three boys day after day after day because their dad died from cancer/Kodiak. Felt a huge wave of guilt the rest of the day. Today the guilt has been replaced by pride, 39 days quit and never touching that shit again.

GeorgeC

Offline kb81

• Quitter
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2010, 04:32:00 PM »
Quote from: RagingJew
Quote from: kb81
fuck like a caveman.
Hey Ron, don't you have an adult film to be shot????
Are you guys gonna accuse me of being the hedgehog whenever I welcome a new guy?
yup 'crackup'
( . )( . )

Offline RagingJew

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2010, 04:30:00 PM »
Quote from: kb81
fuck like a caveman.
Are you guys gonna accuse me of being the hedgehog whenever I welcome a new guy?

Offline kb81

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2010, 04:27:00 PM »
fuck like a caveman.
( . )( . )

Offline RagingJew

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2010, 04:26:00 PM »
Drink lots of juice and water, eat alot of bananas, fuck like a caveman.
Works for me.
Feels good man.

Offline kb81

• Quitter
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2010, 03:08:00 PM »
I'm loving it, bro! Flush the can and quit NOW! I love the attitude. Keep it up and post up day-1. Congrats!
( . )( . )

Offline GlennFtheKodiak

• Quitter
  • Interests: Gym and Coaching and Running Pop Warner Program. I'll fuck all you mother fuckers up.
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2010, 03:06:00 PM »
Quote from: noonelikesaquitter
Long story short, mother has had cancer, sister has had cancer, good friend died of cancer and I kept with the Kodiak all the way promising myself that on certain days I would stop.  Well, last Sunday one of my twin boys asked me why I was always putting that "black stuff" in my mouth.  Realizing that my kids were old enough (5) to watch their dad destroy the family with this stupid habit was enough, walked to the toilet and flushed it.  Thanks for all the advice, support and shit talk guys.

georgec
My twins will be 5 in Oct. My dad died of cancer a year ago. My mom has cancer right now. I'm 79 days quit. You can do it.

I love the "flushed that shit" attitude. That's the mindset. Let's get your quit on!

Find your group and post roll. Let me know if you need help.

YOU can do this! Congratulations on the best decision of your life!
i remember when my kid was like 4 he asked his Mom why does Daddy put that black stuff in his mouth as I was pulling out of the driveway. Man i felt like shit. So shitty i decided to dip for another 11 years. WTF?????????????????????????????

Good fucking deal quitting now!!! Love it.
football rules, soccer drools

HOF: July 7th, 2009

Offline Nolaq

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2010, 02:57:00 PM »
Long story short, mother has had cancer, sister has had cancer, good friend died of cancer and I kept with the Kodiak all the way promising myself that on certain days I would stop. Well, last Sunday one of my twin boys asked me why I was always putting that "black stuff" in my mouth. Realizing that my kids were old enough (5) to watch their dad destroy the family with this stupid habit was enough, walked to the toilet and flushed it. Thanks for all the advice, support and shit talk guys.

georgec
My twins will be 5 in Oct. My dad died of cancer a year ago. My mom has cancer right now. I'm 79 days quit. You can do it.

I love the "flushed that shit" attitude. That's the mindset. Let's get your quit on!

Find your group and post roll. Let me know if you need help.

YOU can do this! Congratulations on the best decision of your life!
What is your major malfunction?!?!?!?!

Offline GeorgeC

• Quitter
Took long enough;
« on: June 02, 2010, 02:54:00 PM »
Long story short, mother has had cancer, sister has had cancer, good friend died of cancer and I kept with the Kodiak all the way promising myself that on certain days I would stop. Well, last Sunday one of my twin boys asked me why I was always putting that "black stuff" in my mouth. Realizing that my kids were old enough (5) to watch their dad destroy the family with this stupid habit was enough, walked to the toilet and flushed it. Thanks for all the advice, support and shit talk guys.

georgec