Author Topic: Today is a new day  (Read 2514 times)

Offline RTistic

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-09-09
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Today is a new day
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2015, 10:02:00 PM »
I'm feeling so many different emotions right now I can't even type anything

Offline RTistic

• Quitter
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2015, 09:25:00 AM »
Today is day 6 woke up FEELING FUCKING AWESOME!!!! got a decent nights sleep! proud to be quit with all of you. Hell yeah suck on that nic bitch

Offline KingNothing

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 2015-07-10
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2015, 12:26:00 PM »
Quote from: RTistic
DAY 6 - quit just posted roll. I'm having crazy ass dreams i don't know if they are dip dreams but woke up this morning kinda down, low energy not feeling that great. I hope the day gets better.
A dip dream is when you dream that you dipped and threw away all of the days you have built up. I had one last night, which was the first since the first week. I dreamt that I had one, and started figuring out a way I could bail from KTC without getting shredded. The interesting thing that happened in the dream was I couldn't figure out how to do so. Quitters have my number and I help run the spreadsheet in our group. There is no way I could drop out without somebody figuratively beating down the door on my phone.

I woke up and I was so pissed because I thought I had thrown everything away. All the hard work to gain my freedom back all for one stupid dip of cat turd. After about 10 seconds I realized it was a dream and I still got to post day 67 today. It felt great.

I didn't get out of that funk you're talking about until day 11 or 12. I stared at the KTC website for hours everyday reading stories and convincing myself that even though it might suck in the beginning, this is what I really wanted to do. Reading and understanding the demon that we battle everyday was huge to understanding why it is so important to me to stay quit every damn day.

Keep pushing through. It will get a lot better very soon.
"Fuck nicotine dude. You don't need it. And you don't want it. It didn't do a thing for you and you know it." - worktowin
"today you dissided that shit wont control your life. and it wont. unless you let it." - drome
"Not thinking about nicotine is for people who've never used nicotine. We threw that option away with the first dip or drag on a cigarette. We are addicts, and cannot become un-addicted." - wildirish317
"You need to decide how much you really want to be quit." - pky1520
We are always at risk. And probably always will be. That is why I will never get "too quit" to post my +1. Every. Damn. Day. - geis2597

Intro
Freedom Tastes So Good

Quit: 7/10/15, HOF: 10/17/15, 2nd Floor: 1/25/16, 3rd Floor: 5/4/16, 1 year: 7/10/16 4th Floor: 8/12/16, 5th Floor: 11/20/16, 6th Floor: 2/28/17, 7th Floor: 6/8/17, 2 years: 7/10/17, 8th Floor: 9/16/17, 9th Floor: 12/25/17, Comma: 4/4/18, 3 years: 7/10/18, 11th Floor: 7/13/18

Offline lwildma2

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 9-9-15
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2015, 11:53:00 AM »
DAY 6 - quit just posted roll. I'm having crazy ass dreams i don't know if they are dip dreams but woke up this morning kinda down, low energy not feeling that great. I hope the day gets better.
I am in the same place you are RT. I am keeping up the water intake and getting some fruits and veggies.

I didn't sleep longer than 15 mins at a time last night. I am keeping motivated by reminding myself that this is a small price to pay to get rid of that nic bitch.

I quit with you today. PM if you ever need anything.

Offline RTistic

• Quitter
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2015, 11:47:00 AM »
Thanks guys!

Offline JBird

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-09-04
  • Interests: All Sports
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2015, 11:46:00 AM »
Every one on here is with you. I am going through similar shit right now. Sometimes the lack of energy is just what you need to help pass the time. take a nap or just chill for a little bit. The days are starting to get better and will. Just be patient. ODAAT! PM me if you want. Emotions will be up and down for a bit. You'll be fine.

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 09/05/2015
  • Interests: Taking that first breath every morning before I post roll again.... Family, Philadelphia Eagles football, music, computers, solving puzzles of all sorts
  • Likes Given: 248
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2015, 11:16:00 AM »
Stick with it man. Day 6 is awesome. That is when I found this place and realized I am not alone.

I quit with you my brother.

Offline RTistic

• Quitter
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2015, 10:34:00 AM »

Offline RTistic

• Quitter
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2015, 11:48:00 PM »
I can look in the mirror and see a better person being dip free and that makes me feel fucking awesome right now!

Offline RTistic

• Quitter
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2015, 11:38:00 PM »
Quote from: Stranger999
I was close to a can a day myself. I probably used more than a can a day sometimes. I threw the last empty can out on September 4th 2015. I think not buying another one has been the best decision I've made in my life.

The time distortion is incredible. Tomorrow will be TEN DAYS of quit for me but it feels like I have been on this quit for at least a month. The days are SOOOOO long but I am going to keep myself clean and post here every day. I quit with you brother! WE CAN DO THIS.
Not buying another can is the best decision you made. You and I both know caving in would be a huge mistake. So lets ride this out as tough as it is and be that one step closer to a cleaner brighter future! see you on roll call tomorrow dude.

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Taking that first breath every morning before I post roll again.... Family, Philadelphia Eagles football, music, computers, solving puzzles of all sorts
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2015, 11:13:00 PM »
I was close to a can a day myself. I probably used more than a can a day sometimes. I threw the last empty can out on September 4th 2015. I think not buying another one has been the best decision I've made in my life.

The time distortion is incredible. Tomorrow will be TEN DAYS of quit for me but it feels like I have been on this quit for at least a month. The days are SOOOOO long but I am going to keep myself clean and post here every day. I quit with you brother! WE CAN DO THIS.

Offline JB65

• Quitting MoFo
  • Lennie and Henry
  • Quit Date: August 17, 2015
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2015, 10:46:00 PM »
It's amazing how slow time passes during the initial process....
this is true. But eventually you will realize that you cant actually believe you were a slave to THIS???

I only dipped about a can a week, but I did it for 25+ years.... Addict? You be your ass I am. I'll be an addict forever.

I think you are doing great RT, hang tough, you will come out of the fog soon, but dont let your guard down. Listen to the BAD ASS pros here, read all you can. Post as early as you can each day, and STAY QUIT! Proud to be quit with you brother

Offline RTistic

• Quitter
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2015, 10:35:00 PM »
It's amazing how slow time passes during the initial process....

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2015, 10:11:00 PM »
Quote from: worktowin
Today has been good although I faced numerous foggy moments and irritability its been alright. still having muscle pain primary my back neck and shoulders. no jaw pain today thankfully. trying to stay strong and battle through. bought some more sunflower seeds just going to chill out tonight and try not to think about dip. how are you guys feeling today?
Man in the past 7 days some of the most bad ass quitters I've seen on the intros in a long time have joined KTC. just awesome. You are gonna love winning.
Thanks man! I'm owning up and taking full responsibility to end this addicition once and for all.
I think tomorrow will be the first time I've been off tobacco for 10 DAYS IN A ROW in at least a decade. My mouth and tongue are still a little numb and my brain is still a little foggy.

Stay with this RTistic - WE quit together and I've got your back man.

:D

Offline RTistic

• Quitter
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2015, 10:01:00 PM »
Quote from: worktowin
Today has been good although I faced numerous foggy moments and irritability its been alright. still having muscle pain primary my back neck and shoulders. no jaw pain today thankfully. trying to stay strong and battle through. bought some more sunflower seeds just going to chill out tonight and try not to think about dip. how are you guys feeling today?
Man in the past 7 days some of the most bad ass quitters I've seen on the intros in a long time have joined KTC. just awesome. You are gonna love winning.
Thanks man! I'm owning up and taking full responsibility to end this addicition once and for all.