Author Topic: Stig's Intro: Dad, Husband, Ex-Coward  (Read 2051 times)

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
Re: Stig's Intro: Dad, Husband, Ex-Coward
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2014, 01:53:00 AM »
Quote from: stig
I'm Stig.
I'll be 36 years old in July.
I started dipping Kodiak when I was 16 years old.
The math is simple and scary: As of May 5, 2014, I had dipped 56% of my life.

I was working on a framing crew when I met the Bear. Framing up stick houses in the NC summers -- a pinch hit the spot. The General Contractor I was working for -- who has become a close friend and mentor -- threatened to fire me if he ever caught me dipping again. So I hid it. Ninja-dipped for almost 2 decades after that -- hid it from him, my family, and everyone I ever loved. When you're dipping a tin a day, that's real ninja skills.

The past 12 months have been big for me. Got married 7 months ago. Wife got pregnant 4 months ago. In 5 effing months I am going to be a dad!

I want to be alive for as much of my son's life as I can. I want to be there to take care of of my wife when we're old (and should probably outlive her since she'll be a mess without me). Most importantly, I need to be proud of the man I see when I look in the mirror. And when I look at a man chained to a tin of carcinogenic weed, it's hard to be proud of that chump. I need to be free.

That's why I'm on Day 4, looking forward to posting roll on Day 5 first thing tomorrow.
There ya go. That's how it begins!

Keep doing it and that's how it's done. Every day.
Welcome to freedom.
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline stig

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-05-05
  • Likes Given: 0
Stig's Intro: Dad, Husband, Ex-Coward
« on: May 09, 2014, 01:21:00 AM »
I'm Stig.
I'll be 36 years old in July.
I started dipping Kodiak when I was 16 years old.
The math is simple and scary: As of May 5, 2014, I had dipped 56% of my life.

I was working on a framing crew when I met the Bear. Framing up stick houses in the NC summers -- a pinch hit the spot. The General Contractor I was working for -- who has become a close friend and mentor -- threatened to fire me if he ever caught me dipping again. So I hid it. Ninja-dipped for almost 2 decades after that -- hid it from him, my family, and everyone I ever loved. When you're dipping a tin a day, that's real ninja skills.

The past 12 months have been big for me. Got married 7 months ago. Wife got pregnant 4 months ago. In 5 effing months I am going to be a dad!

I want to be alive for as much of my son's life as I can. I want to be there to take care of of my wife when we're old (and should probably outlive her since she'll be a mess without me). Most importantly, I need to be proud of the man I see when I look in the mirror. And when I look at a man chained to a tin of carcinogenic weed, it's hard to be proud of that chump. I need to be free.

That's why I'm on Day 4, looking forward to posting roll on Day 5 first thing tomorrow.
"I'm not just a quitter, I'm a better man. It's what my quit is about." - Bronc