Author Topic: First day of the rest of my life  (Read 1341 times)

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
Re: First day of the rest of my life
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2015, 10:27:00 PM »
Quote from: Dea
Quote from: ChickDip
I appreciate the support so much... when I'm having tough days I know this is a place I can go to to vent or listen as need be. Every day gets a little bit easier!

D
How you doing Dea?
Hey girl! Doing good. Had some weird late term craves yesterday and today. It was bizarre how it just popped into my head out of nowhere but I read that that can happen late in the game. But I'm strong- I just laughed because I thought it was so weird. Eating not as much which is good- doing better with not late night eating! But still can't sleep for shit!! Poo Poo on that! How are you doing? :D

D
222 days later still get craves but 'Finger' nic! You doing great girlfriend just remember it's all about you! You own this! I'm liking the new attitude I'm seeing out of you! Quit on and remember I'm always a pm away!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline Dea

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-06-14
  • Interests: bowling, music, movies, reading
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2015, 10:11:00 PM »
I appreciate the support so much... when I'm having tough days I know this is a place I can go to to vent or listen as need be. Every day gets a little bit easier!

D
How you doing Dea?
Hey girl! Doing good. Had some weird late term craves yesterday and today. It was bizarre how it just popped into my head out of nowhere but I read that that can happen late in the game. But I'm strong- I just laughed because I thought it was so weird. Eating not as much which is good- doing better with not late night eating! But still can't sleep for shit!! Poo Poo on that! How are you doing? :D

D

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Quit Date: 3/30/2015
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
  • Likes Given: 2042
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2015, 04:56:00 PM »

D
How you doing Dea?
July 2015 Jackals - House of WUPP
"....the load doesn't weigh me down at all, he ain't heavy he's my brother"
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.
"If you haven't... Quit now......If you have... Stay that way " ~AppleJack
"Make It Through Today" WarE2013 (Rest Easy)
"I am quit... for today... with you... but not FOR you" ~LBP
"Endeavor to Persevere!" Lone Waite

my intro / my HOF speech / my comma club
Building a Strong Quit / My HOF Day

Offline Dea

• Quitter
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2015, 04:04:00 PM »

D

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2015, 03:04:00 PM »
Okay... so I didn't eat so well today, but not terrible. I was at least conscious of it plus I worked out. Getting there one step at a time!!!
small victories and more important, you didn't beat yourself up about what you didn't do. That's important. Keep active, take action. Taking action frees you to do more of everything.
Proud of you Dea.
I quit with you today.
Hey Dea life's all about one day at a time! Hell 8m 50 years old. I look back and say I could have, should have, would have done this that but hey I've enjoyed my life the one thing I honestly regret is sticking that nasty ass poison in my mouth. It's funny how this place not only helps with your addiction but also makes you stop and look at your life as a whole. What I'm saying Dea no one's perfect girlfriend. We do the best we can and be happy with what we got! Stop, look around, smell the roses and be thankful, I promise it could be worse! Quitting with you Dea!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2015, 02:51:00 PM »
Okay... so I didn't eat so well today, but not terrible. I was at least conscious of it plus I worked out. Getting there one step at a time!!!
small victories and more important, you didn't beat yourself up about what you didn't do. That's important. Keep active, take action. Taking action frees you to do more of everything.
Proud of you Dea.
I quit with you today.
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.

Offline Dea

• Quitter
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2015, 09:55:00 PM »

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2015, 11:15:00 PM »
Quote from: pab1964
The house is quiet... my oldest has been at my sister's house for 2 weeks (6 more days- oh how I miss him!!!) and the hubs and little guy are sleeping. I'm alone with my thoughts and find myself so stressed and frustrated. I figured I can just shoot my thoughts out on here even if no one ever reads it!

I'm on day 35 and proud to be quit. My thoughts aren't about caving or wanting to cave- but I do think how my situation would be different if I hadn't quit. Since I quit I think I have gained about 15 pounds. I'm so upset about that. All I did was get rid of one addiction to feed another. I've always had issues with weight... but saying that is a cop out isn't it?? "issues" no... an addiction. I have an addictive personality and food is the next one. I graduated from college 4 years ago and finished an internship about 7 months ago. Still job searching... I have gone on interviews but no bites yet. I interviewed for an amazing job last week and have to wait til the middle of next week to find out if I get a call for the second interview. I am so stressed and lonely (bc son is gone and hubs working a lot of overtime to try and make ends meet) that the only thing I feel I can control is food. Yes feeding emotions doesn't help but I will NOT start cancer shit again. How do I push down these addictions?? Why has quitting been "easy" (not exactly but has been such a focus that not being quit isn't even an option anymore...) and yet I find myself eating my stress and boredom?? Find something else to do... okay like what? Go for a walk.... okay heat index has been over a 100 for a few days. Read a book... I have a 3 year old... kind of hard. I tried the fake stuff... its ok but not what I'm looking for. I get what I'm doing... I'm coming up with "answers" for everything which doesn't help address the issue.

I'm not expecting anyone to make sense of this turmoil- like I said I just needed to vent. I don't know how to take action in a world where everything is out of my control. Quitting was a goal and was something I controlled. But this is so different... I can't control money or jobs or food.

Is this normal? I know I am stressed but these overwhelming feelings are swallowing me. Is there some 35 day fog or hump I have hit and tomorrow I will wake with a better metabolism? haha! We need a forum like this for eating... lol Has anyone else had an eating issue after quitting? What have you done to combat it?????
First and foremost sorry about your job situation, the good man take care of that. As far as eating situation hasn't really been a problem for me, do some exercise in the house, situps, pushups, jog in place, etc. I know that's not what you want to hear, sorry but it will help. So, yes you are going through a funk and there will be more, put on your big girl panties and Deal with them. Read what you wrote back to yourself a couple times. Addict speak. She's nawing at you, getting you while you're down, come on just one dip and you will feel so much better and you know that's bullshit! You have came way to far to come back through this shit again! I have read several stories where men and women will literally sit down and cry. Now how powerful is this addiction?! It's tough girlfriend, after 204 day's of freedom I still battle this bitch daily. You Can Do This! You are not alone! Damn proud to be quit with you today my sister!
Dea, hey girl I hear ya, first off, so very therapeutic to journal your thoughts out! Whether someone reads them or not other than yourself makes no difference.
This form or reaching out in here will save your life. Lots of people in your same "boat".
You are rewiring your brain. You are quit, with no question to dip again, ever. That is apparent.
You are in the business of making healthy choices now. Do so in all aspects of your life.
If you don't like the fake dip, use tea bags, or jerky or fresh mint. Try to keep healthy, low cal snacks in the house /veggies/fruit instead of the normal "easy" ones which tend to have lots of calories.

It's a roller-coaster and I went through a super tough time at 24, 25 days and then again later. But you can do this Dea. I'm here for you if you need to talk.

Under the "WILDCARD" section / scroll down on the main KTC page, there is a "overeating/undereating " thread, "exercise" thread, "weight loss" thread. Those would be good for you to go check out and talk with some there too! Talk it out, ask questions. Get involved with some other quitters who share the same frustrations as you.

Love ya girl.
Thank you both for the thoughts and advice. You are right though- I have to find my 'big girl panties' and just do it. So today that's just what I did. I decided to try an attitude like my quit- where its not an option. I have been eating better today and already did my daily workout plus going on a bike ride later today. So many things in my life seem out of my control. And its no secret I can be a control freak... so not being able to control the outcome of certain things throws me for a loop. But I can't allow myself to wallow in those things. I need to stop blaming others or circumstances and like the serenity prayer says - to have the courage to change the things I can. My life is not horrible by any means- God has blessed me immensely. So- wallowing is done. Action starts today. That's the example I want to set for my children. Thanks again for the 'ear' (should I say eyeball? lol). And yes- writing it out did help immensely!!

The day isn't done yet!! :D

D
You go girl, what a turn around! Now that made my day! Sometimes we just have to stop and smell the roses or stop ,look around and be thankful for what we have and try to improve on the things we can! Quit on girlfriend you got this by the Ying yang! Thanks for making my quit stronger today! Don't wait till things get out of hand, that's why we're all here!
Bad Ass Quitter Girl!!! I like what I am hearing! That is pure strength through our weaknesses!!!
I quit with you today!

Offline KingNothing

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 2015-07-10
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2015, 09:34:00 PM »
Keep it up D. You have 24000 people at your back on this site. Take it one day at a time and power through, you've got this!
"Fuck nicotine dude. You don't need it. And you don't want it. It didn't do a thing for you and you know it." - worktowin
"today you dissided that shit wont control your life. and it wont. unless you let it." - drome
"Not thinking about nicotine is for people who've never used nicotine. We threw that option away with the first dip or drag on a cigarette. We are addicts, and cannot become un-addicted." - wildirish317
"You need to decide how much you really want to be quit." - pky1520
We are always at risk. And probably always will be. That is why I will never get "too quit" to post my +1. Every. Damn. Day. - geis2597

Intro
Freedom Tastes So Good

Quit: 7/10/15, HOF: 10/17/15, 2nd Floor: 1/25/16, 3rd Floor: 5/4/16, 1 year: 7/10/16 4th Floor: 8/12/16, 5th Floor: 11/20/16, 6th Floor: 2/28/17, 7th Floor: 6/8/17, 2 years: 7/10/17, 8th Floor: 9/16/17, 9th Floor: 12/25/17, Comma: 4/4/18, 3 years: 7/10/18, 11th Floor: 7/13/18

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2015, 03:50:00 PM »
The house is quiet... my oldest has been at my sister's house for 2 weeks (6 more days- oh how I miss him!!!) and the hubs and little guy are sleeping. I'm alone with my thoughts and find myself so stressed and frustrated. I figured I can just shoot my thoughts out on here even if no one ever reads it!

I'm on day 35 and proud to be quit. My thoughts aren't about caving or wanting to cave- but I do think how my situation would be different if I hadn't quit. Since I quit I think I have gained about 15 pounds. I'm so upset about that. All I did was get rid of one addiction to feed another. I've always had issues with weight... but saying that is a cop out isn't it?? "issues" no... an addiction. I have an addictive personality and food is the next one. I graduated from college 4 years ago and finished an internship about 7 months ago. Still job searching... I have gone on interviews but no bites yet. I interviewed for an amazing job last week and have to wait til the middle of next week to find out if I get a call for the second interview. I am so stressed and lonely (bc son is gone and hubs working a lot of overtime to try and make ends meet) that the only thing I feel I can control is food. Yes feeding emotions doesn't help but I will NOT start cancer shit again. How do I push down these addictions?? Why has quitting been "easy" (not exactly but has been such a focus that not being quit isn't even an option anymore...) and yet I find myself eating my stress and boredom?? Find something else to do... okay like what? Go for a walk.... okay heat index has been over a 100 for a few days. Read a book... I have a 3 year old... kind of hard. I tried the fake stuff... its ok but not what I'm looking for. I get what I'm doing... I'm coming up with "answers" for everything which doesn't help address the issue.

I'm not expecting anyone to make sense of this turmoil- like I said I just needed to vent. I don't know how to take action in a world where everything is out of my control. Quitting was a goal and was something I controlled. But this is so different... I can't control money or jobs or food.

Is this normal? I know I am stressed but these overwhelming feelings are swallowing me. Is there some 35 day fog or hump I have hit and tomorrow I will wake with a better metabolism? haha! We need a forum like this for eating... lol Has anyone else had an eating issue after quitting? What have you done to combat it?????
First and foremost sorry about your job situation, the good man take care of that. As far as eating situation hasn't really been a problem for me, do some exercise in the house, situps, pushups, jog in place, etc. I know that's not what you want to hear, sorry but it will help. So, yes you are going through a funk and there will be more, put on your big girl panties and Deal with them. Read what you wrote back to yourself a couple times. Addict speak. She's nawing at you, getting you while you're down, come on just one dip and you will feel so much better and you know that's bullshit! You have came way to far to come back through this shit again! I have read several stories where men and women will literally sit down and cry. Now how powerful is this addiction?! It's tough girlfriend, after 204 day's of freedom I still battle this bitch daily. You Can Do This! You are not alone! Damn proud to be quit with you today my sister!
Dea, hey girl I hear ya, first off, so very therapeutic to journal your thoughts out! Whether someone reads them or not other than yourself makes no difference.
This form or reaching out in here will save your life. Lots of people in your same "boat".
You are rewiring your brain. You are quit, with no question to dip again, ever. That is apparent.
You are in the business of making healthy choices now. Do so in all aspects of your life.
If you don't like the fake dip, use tea bags, or jerky or fresh mint. Try to keep healthy, low cal snacks in the house /veggies/fruit instead of the normal "easy" ones which tend to have lots of calories.

It's a roller-coaster and I went through a super tough time at 24, 25 days and then again later. But you can do this Dea. I'm here for you if you need to talk.

Under the "WILDCARD" section / scroll down on the main KTC page, there is a "overeating/undereating " thread, "exercise" thread, "weight loss" thread. Those would be good for you to go check out and talk with some there too! Talk it out, ask questions. Get involved with some other quitters who share the same frustrations as you.

Love ya girl.
Thank you both for the thoughts and advice. You are right though- I have to find my 'big girl panties' and just do it. So today that's just what I did. I decided to try an attitude like my quit- where its not an option. I have been eating better today and already did my daily workout plus going on a bike ride later today. So many things in my life seem out of my control. And its no secret I can be a control freak... so not being able to control the outcome of certain things throws me for a loop. But I can't allow myself to wallow in those things. I need to stop blaming others or circumstances and like the serenity prayer says - to have the courage to change the things I can. My life is not horrible by any means- God has blessed me immensely. So- wallowing is done. Action starts today. That's the example I want to set for my children. Thanks again for the 'ear' (should I say eyeball? lol). And yes- writing it out did help immensely!!

D
You go girl, what a turn around! Now that made my day! Sometimes we just have to stop and smell the roses or stop ,look around and be thankful for what we have and try to improve on the things we can! Quit on girlfriend you got this by the Ying yang! Thanks for making my quit stronger today! Don't wait till things get out of hand, that's why we're all here!

Offline Dea

• Quitter
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2015, 02:51:00 PM »

Love ya girl.

D

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2015, 12:18:00 PM »

Love ya girl.

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2015, 09:00:00 AM »

Offline Dea

• Quitter
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2015, 11:18:00 PM »

Offline Stillamarine

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-06-12
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2015, 06:09:00 PM »
You can make it! Today was real rough for me but luckily for me when I started to feel my worse this afternoon something came up at work to keep me quite busy. You got this!
No day but today.

Semper Fi

24 years of dipping = 8,765 days of slavery to the nic-bitch (approximately)

Quit date June 12th, 2015