Author Topic: VI Quit  (Read 1058 times)

Offline Winter Green

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: VI Quit
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2014, 11:15:00 PM »
Creek, your quite a ways into your quit, with 182 +1's under your belt. That is impressive bro. I noticed you posting roll late, 8:29pm. All I ask, is that you don't get complacent with your quit. I'd hate to see that many days turn into a day 1. Quit on bro.
Quit~December - 2 - 2013
1st Floor~March - 11 - 2014

Offline Ron_Cross

• Quitter
  • I am quit
  • Quit Date: 8/30/2013
  • Interests: Started my own CPA firm!
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2014, 11:12:00 PM »
Creekjohnson -
Got to put the water skis on the loco-moto for this next stop. We cruise into the British Virgin Islands (Ron got so excited he spilled his drink, or so he says…) to pick up this Northern Californian who started dipping at the ancient age of 15 years old. He used Skoal Straight and Copenhangen Long Cut and Straight for another 18 years or so before quitting on September 28th, 2013. He’s loading the train up with pride, sunflower seeds, and some very tasty Red Stripes. We aren’t real sure if we should contact his Wife in the event of an emergency as evidenced by the question mark after “Wife?” We’re confident any inappropriate behavior is a thing of the past, much like his use of nicotine. He’s done some crazy things but….spooning with a dog on the garage floor? Umm….moving on from that! lol This mountain climbing, keg tapping, Ford Bronco driving badass is signing up for 200 days with the rest of the Killers before him.

He is a secondary educator that loves fly fishing for bones. This badass knows his battle with nicotine is a lifelong battle and there can never be any rest or quarter given to the nic bitch. His favorite avatar is Boobs on the Catwalk, but finds his inspiration in the VetsÂ’ HoF speeches. We welcome you and congratulate you on a job well done! Welcome aboard!!

Offline Picker.of.Strings

• Quitter
  • Interests: Guitar.
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2013, 10:37:00 PM »
Congrats on hitting double digits man!
Dirty tone - 6 wide, 22 deep

Quit Date: 17 October 2013

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: August 20, 2013
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2013, 09:47:00 PM »
Quote from: Creekjohnson
Twenty-three years have gone by, every one of those days I have chewed. But not today, not today. When I write this a flood of emotions come to the surface; disgust, pride, selfishness, strength, happy, and of course melancholy. But I have read and read, I know I am ready or I would not be here, it is time to (as one HOF member said) "harden the fuck up". Let tomorrow bring the same pride.
Welcome Creek, yes there are lots of emotions that come up day 1 for sure  congrats on making it through! It depends ont he guy but there might be a whole lot more emotions that come up as you go through this. Don't forget to lean on the guys here as needed

Offline BearHawk

• Quitter
  • Interests: I'm an ol' country boy from Texas: where I started dipping in the 8th grade over 37 years ago. The US Navy brought me to SO CAL in 1985. I got married to So CAL girl and remained here after I got out of the Navy. I love the outdoors; camping, hiking, hunting and fishing but mostly I love to do wood working. I guess now that I am not wasting money on crap I can have more to do the things I like to do.
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2013, 02:59:00 PM »
Quote from: Pinched
Quote from: 30isEnuff
Quote from: Minny
What excellent support, strength that everyone has offered. Thank you. As I go into the weekend, I am nervous. Today first, and today I am quit.
Hell YES! That's the attitude, bro! 'oh yeah' Only worry about "today". That said, it is good that you are aware of the weekend and the challenges it may bring.

-Mind your Ps and Qs; alcohol has ruined many quits
-Be on the lookout for head games. "Quit after this weekend," or "Quit on January 1" and so on.
-Stay close to KTC and as you said, read read read.

Post roll FIRST thing Saturday morning and keep your promise.
Today is all that matters.
Today is a gift, that's why it's called The Present!
Stay close to the site, use whatever to "Not" put the poison in your mouth!
You can do this, I promise it gets much better.
Don't be nervous about the weekend, plan for it. Pack yourself a bug out bag of dip alternatives. Carry that bag around with you like your life depends on it, because it does.

When you get a craving and you feel like you just have to give in find a volunteer to kick you square in the nuts. If that isn't your cup of tea then just remember why you quit in the first place. I have faith in you plus I see in your intro thread that you have a good many bad ass quitters reaching out to you.

Post up roll early each day this weekend and remember to hang tough!

Pinched
We are all here to help you in your quit. Keep posting roll and keep letting everyone know how it is going, hard times or smooth we are here for you. We all are working the quit and there are brothers here from every level of quit. We can all help .
Proper prior planning prevents piss poor performance.
Quit: 8/14/2013; HOF:11/22/2013
Four Years and Still Counting!
17 Floors

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2013, 01:17:00 PM »
Quote from: 30isEnuff
What excellent support, strength that everyone has offered. Thank you. As I go into the weekend, I am nervous. Today first, and today I am quit.
Hell YES! That's the attitude, bro! 'oh yeah' Only worry about "today". That said, it is good that you are aware of the weekend and the challenges it may bring.

-Be on the lookout for head games. "Quit after this weekend," or "Quit on January 1" and so on.

Don't be nervous about the weekend, plan for it. Pack yourself a bug out bag of dip alternatives. Carry that bag around with you like your life depends on it, because it does.

When you get a craving and you feel like you just have to give in find a volunteer to kick you square in the nuts. If that isn't your cup of tea then just remember why you quit in the first place. I have faith in you plus I see in your intro thread that you have a good many bad ass quitters reaching out to you.

Post up roll early each day this weekend and remember to hang tough!

Pinched
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
  • Keeping my jaw and tongue, I like them.
    • I'm The Owner of this Place.
  • Quit Date: May 25, 2012
  • Interests: "Being Quit" Today, just Today.Moving on to more of life before the light is gone.
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2013, 01:06:00 PM »

Keeping my jaw and tongue...I like them.
It's poison I tell ya, You wouldn't drink Liquid Drano, would ya?

Offline Minny

• Quitter
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2013, 11:51:00 AM »

Quit Date 7/12/13
HOF Date 10/19/13

My HOF Speech

Offline Creekjohnson

• Quitter
  • Interests: Fly-fishing, football, baseball...number one interest: my family!
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2013, 11:40:00 AM »
Quit on 10/13/13. Never go back, commit, focus, one day at a time.

Offline Roughshod78

• Quitter
  • Interests: Hunting, fishing, home brewing, & college football!!
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2013, 10:50:00 AM »
Welcome brother. You have made the best decision a man can make. Drink lots of water and remember to breathe. It helped me to go for walks when the craves got to much to handle. I went to my knees several times and just tried to breathe in and out.

Read and post read and post!!
Check ur pm.

Roughshod78.
"The travelin is easy when you know the way..." Mule21

Offline ParadigmDawg

• Quitter
  • Interests: Mountain BikingRoad BikingHome Audio
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2013, 09:49:00 AM »
You can't say "harden the fuck up" unless you are a cyclist as it is rule number 5 of our 93 rules.

I'm going to let you slide this one time as quitting dip is about the hardest thing in the world to do.

Ironically, I found it was easier to quit if I spent every waking moment on my bike.

What I am saying here is make sure you work out and work out a lot to exhaustion during your quit. Follow that up with all the water you can drink each day.

So this is easy and I will lay it all out below:

1.Post roll

2. don't dip

3. harden the fuck up

lol....I quit with you brother.
Oh little worm-dirt...you are so scary...F' OFF...!!!

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2013, 09:10:00 AM »
course melancholy

No not melancholy time to say good bye to a bad relationship. It is totally one sided she takes you give, give of everything your money your self respect your health just to name a few and for what.... Yep a false sense of need you don't need dip you don't want pain from withdrawal. It doesn't make you anymore kewl liked it does make you look funny though. Funny as you are the ass end of jokes look at the guy that was eating shit out of the cat box....

Hit the welcome center I suggest you read read read and when you are done doing that read some more. Immerse yourself in this site posting roll, getting numbers posting in your thread and others. The time you invest now in your quit will pay out dividends in the strength of your quit foundation.

PM me if you need anything.
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech

Offline Wade

• Quitter
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2013, 09:07:00 AM »
Twenty-three years have gone by, every one of those days I have chewed. But not today, not today. When I write this a flood of emotions come to the surface; disgust, pride, selfishness, strength, happy, and of course melancholy. But I have read and read, I know I am ready or I would not be here, it is time to (as one HOF member said) "harden the fuck up". Let tomorrow bring the same pride.
Exactly...harden the fuck up and do this shit! You've got it man. Thousands of others before you have quit. You can too. Living life without the nic monkey on your back is a great way to live! Post roll and text your quit brothers every day. Commit to your quit!

Drink water.

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
  • Keeping my jaw and tongue, I like them.
    • I'm The Owner of this Place.
  • Quit Date: May 25, 2012
  • Interests: "Being Quit" Today, just Today.Moving on to more of life before the light is gone.
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2013, 08:34:00 AM »
Quote from: Funktronic42
Glad to see you here. I and nearly 17,000 others are behind you with words of wisdom, support, and encouragement. The veterans know more than we can understand right now and those of us who just started can bond over the suck. Welcome to the fold.
Welcome to the Best of Your life!
You can do this the KTC way and take your life back from Nictotine.
Read on, Quit On!!
Keeping my jaw and tongue...I like them.
It's poison I tell ya, You wouldn't drink Liquid Drano, would ya?

Offline Funktronic42

• Quitter
  • Interests: Playing music. Any instrument will do but I am a bass player at heart. I love video games and a telling or reading a really good story.
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2013, 12:11:00 AM »
Glad to see you here. I and nearly 17,000 others are behind you with words of wisdom, support, and encouragement. The veterans know more than we can understand right now and those of us who just started can bond over the suck. Welcome to the fold.