Author Topic: new to site  (Read 2469 times)

Offline brandon2239

• Likes Given: 0
Re: new to site
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2012, 07:09:00 PM »
I keep seeing this thing called post roll but I only have access to this site via my phone and I can't view video on how to do it, but I am 2 days quit no cave just a bunch of awful thoughts and worries

Offline Bean

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2012, 12:57:00 PM »
Brandon -

CONGRATS!!! As for the sores, click on this http://www.killthecan.org/yourquit/symptoms.asp

I didn't get sores when I quit, but I hear they are quite common. If they last longer than a few days, get them checked out.

You made a great choice. Let us help you stay quit. Post roll, read all you can and embrace your new life!!!

Offline mikegooch

• Quitter
  • Interests: Real Estate Auctions, Speaking, Ventriloquism
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2012, 07:34:00 AM »
Brandon.. It Gooch.. day 22... First few days are rough! hang in there.. you can do this now and save yourself another 20 plus years of wear and tear and literally thousands of dollars in surgery costs and dip itself.. you made it past 24 hours that was huge.. now just use the site.. glad you are here.. Gooch

Offline Roamcountry

• Quit Pro
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2012, 02:46:00 AM »
Quote from: brandon2239
I would also like to point out I have had no sense of hunger this past day is that normal to feel sick to stomach or just nauseous?? Any info at all would be of tremendous help thanks
There are many different ways that quitting affects the body, my best advice is to read in the web page for killthecan.org the topic on what to expect when quitting it has a lot of information that is helpful, dont panic, you've done a good thing by coming in here. Post roll EVERY DAY! keep and honor your word! Stay quit with all of us!

Offline Roamcountry

• Quit Pro
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 02:40:00 AM »
Quote from: brandon2239
I would also like to point out I have had no sense of hunger this past day is that normal to feel sick to stomach or just nauseous?? Any info at all would be of tremendous help thanks
Brandon welcome to the site, I am not proficient in creating link here so I am cutting and pasting some info a fellow quitter has typed in another post for your ease of finding your way around.

I'm going to break this down as easy as I can for someone who isn't as computer literate as the rest of us.

First and foremost, glad you are here. If you want to take your life back and not be a slave to the can anymore you have come to the right place.

On this site, everyday you will do what is called "posting roll". This is your daily promise to yourself, me, and everyone else that you will not use any nicotine at all. Do it EVERYDAY, without fail. I think you are a man of your word, so by putting that promise out there first thing every morning, you are taking buying a can off the table or bumming a pinch off of someone else. This is a zero nicotine site. No patches or gum.

Here are some links to help you get started. Click on each of the highlighted words, read everything you can, then come back here and continue on to the next step.

First, read the Welcome Center. This will tell you how and why the site works. Click on each of the items in there and read carefully.

Next, click here and learn how to post roll. This is a short video that shows you exactly how to post roll. You might need to watch it a few times.

Lastly, this will be your quit group. It is October 2012. October is when you would hit 100 days quit and therefore enter the Hall of Fame. Post roll in there. Ask questions. Tell everyone how you feel.

I urge you beyond the three things I mentioned above to read as much as you can. There is a wealth of information that can help you along your path. There are hundreds, if not thousands, of people who are willing to help you stay quit. Utilize their knowledge, both about how to use the website and how to stay quit.

My name is Mark and I am quit with you today.

Offline brandon2239

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012, 02:29:00 AM »

Offline brandon2239

new to site
« on: July 03, 2012, 12:00:00 AM »
Hello there friends my name is Brandon I have been dipping grizzly for 7 years and I'm only 22.. I decided a few days ago to quit and I have officially been without a dip for 24 hours I know that's nothing special but its a start, I have noticed already tho I have 2 sores popping up and its kinda worrying me a little so any info on if that's normal would be great and I hope it gets easier then it is right now because this is awful..and details on ways to make it easier would be great as well and info on sores is needed thank you guys!!