Author Topic: new to site  (Read 2470 times)

Offline brandon2239

• Likes Given: 0
Re: new to site
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2012, 09:54:00 AM »
Thank you man and I will for sure do that, its gotten much easier all but the fog and. No sleeping

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2012, 09:49:00 AM »
Brandon I also do all posting on iPhone. It gets much easier! As the withdrawal eases your mind clears and everything else gets better. Pm me for # I'm around to help!
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline Roamcountry

• Quit Pro
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2012, 04:34:00 AM »
Quote from: brandon2239
Oh brown not at all its on me for not getting the link earlier and yes being on a phone sucks especially when a 3 year old is asleep on your arm..lol
Well i am glad i could at least help you get on track with roll.

Offline brandon2239

« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2012, 04:30:00 AM »
Oh brown not at all its on me for not getting the link earlier and yes being on a phone sucks especially when a 3 year old is asleep on your arm..lol

Offline Roamcountry

• Quit Pro
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2012, 04:25:00 AM »
Also am on an iphone and hate typing on this thing. Hence the short replies. But i will do it to help a brother out. ;)

Offline Roamcountry

• Quit Pro
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2012, 04:19:00 AM »
Thanks roam, so just post everyday my days quit and ask someone post roll for me?
Yessir. Sorry for coming down on you. I didnt realize u needed the link.

Offline brandon2239

« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2012, 04:17:00 AM »
Thanks roam, so just post everyday my days quit and ask someone post roll for me?

Offline Navy Tom

• Quitter
  • Interests: I like all types of sporting and outdoor activities. I'm a huge Oregon Duck fan. I'm from the Northwest, so ofcourse outdoors is where I want to be. In the Navy right now, In Lemoore, CA. and there isn't much to do here. Can't wait to head back to Washington
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2012, 04:14:00 AM »
Sorry been so long since I've been active like I stated b4 phone was only internet access I have at this time and it had been off past few weeks, I am quit and as to the lump found in mouth I saw oral surgeon yesterday and he assured me it was NOT cancer, he was 100% on what it was but said he was not worried about it being cancer that's for all the support and I look forward to staying quit with you guys today..day 17 for me and I will be quit today
Hi Brandon,
I'm glad to hear that it is not Cancer. I'm on day 3 bro and I'm proud to be quitting with ya. If you even need someone to talk to I'm here. It feels so good to be done dipping. Other than the cravings and the headache. Keep it going bro. Looks like your on the roll for today. If I don't talk to you later, see you at roll tomorrow.
You can never make the same mistake twice...because the second time you make it, its not a mistake, its a choice
Quit Date: 07/18/2012

Offline Roamcountry

• Quit Pro
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2012, 04:10:00 AM »
Sorry been so long since I've been active like I stated b4 phone was only internet access I have at this time and it had been off past few weeks, I am quit and as to the lump found in mouth I saw oral surgeon yesterday and he assured me it was NOT cancer, he was 100% on what it was but said he was not worried about it being cancer that's for all the support and I look forward to staying quit with you guys today..day 17 for me and I will be quit today
Glad to hear it brother. If you go back to the oct group you will see how i added you to the roll.

Offline brandon2239

« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2012, 04:08:00 AM »

Offline Greg5280

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • BONAFIDE QUIT BEAST
  • Quit Date: 10-30-2009
  • Interests: Golf, Running, Cycling, Being outside, Spending time with my family. Quitting and helping newbies.
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2012, 01:04:00 PM »
Quote from: klark
Just keeping you guys updated I went to er as to I was freaking out about this lump in my mouth and my teeth are not in that great of shape I haven't took Carr of them the way I should have and snuff on top of that, but anyways to the point they didn't do any drays or CT scans he looked at my mouth said my gums looked fine so wasn't worried about the big C word yet..he said it was a swollen lymph node in my mouth due to my teeth in bad shape, gave me antibiotics said if gets any bigger or doesn't go away in 2 weeks to return for CT scans...so all of you please pray that he is correct with his diagnosis..although I have never heard of swollen lymph nodes in mouth have any of you??
The best thing you can do it take a deep breath, and schedule an appointment with a dentist andbe very up front with them. The longer you run away from this the worse it will get in your mind and you will need to a psychatrist in addition to the dentist.

Seriously, we all have done it, the dentist will embrace the quit and give you more help than you know.
Klark is right. You have got to take a deep breath and calm down. All of us have battled the what ifs, the voices in our head. Anxiety is a common problem amongst us quitters, but it can be controlled.

I went to my dentist at my day 30ish. I was so scared of what she would find I did not sleep the entire night before. My daily mouth inspections had found something every time I looked, but they all ended up being NOTHING to the medical pros.

Got to the dentist and told the girl doing my check up I had quit. They did a series of X-rays around my head to check for tumors etc. Everything came back clean. They cleaned my grill up and congradulated me on quitting.

I got to see all of the hottie dental assistants becuase they all wanted to see the new bad ass quitter. The dentist asked me to drop some information off about the site and I got to call my wife and tell her I was Clean !!

Many of us have been where you are. Go get the exam. Then start working on controlling your anxiety. Above all STAY QUIT.

The only thing Nicotine is good for is keeping you addicted to Nicotine.

STAY QUIT
Greg

Offline klark

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 10/22/2009
  • Likes Given: 67
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2012, 11:42:00 AM »
Just keeping you guys updated I went to er as to I was freaking out about this lump in my mouth and my teeth are not in that great of shape I haven't took Carr of them the way I should have and snuff on top of that, but anyways to the point they didn't do any drays or CT scans he looked at my mouth said my gums looked fine so wasn't worried about the big C word yet..he said it was a swollen lymph node in my mouth due to my teeth in bad shape, gave me antibiotics said if gets any bigger or doesn't go away in 2 weeks to return for CT scans...so all of you please pray that he is correct with his diagnosis..although I have never heard of swollen lymph nodes in mouth have any of you??
The best thing you can do it take a deep breath, and schedule an appointment with a dentist andbe very up front with them. The longer you run away from this the worse it will get in your mind and you will need to a psychatrist in addition to the dentist.

Seriously, we all have done it, the dentist will embrace the quit and give you more help than you know.
A promise not kept is the road to exile.

If quitting is cool, consider me Myles Davis.

Unless you bring value onto my 1/2 acre, I don't want to hear it.

Offline mikegooch

• Quitter
  • Interests: Real Estate Auctions, Speaking, Ventriloquism
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2012, 06:20:00 AM »
Were here for you Man.. We all do this shit to ourselves then we freak out.. the truth is cancer  grafts  tooth loss is reality for us as dip addicts.. I am damn lucky/blessed that I've only had a some grafts.. a lot of guys here have lost several teeth! hopefully this in enough for you o stay quit.. Gooch

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2012, 05:26:00 AM »
Quote from: BigMeanPossum
Do you mean right on your jawline, lump that moves around? If so, mine has been swollen and sore a lot with no major issues. I lost my teeth to Kodiak and Grizzley. Lots of pain over 18 years but no "C" thank God. Hope your journey goes as well as it can. Try to stay strong.
Take a few deep breaths and relax, follow the Dr. Orders and be happy you are quit! Depression, panic attacts, anxiety and fear you've waited too long are thing alot of us have gone through. Don't panic just stay Q.U.I.T.
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline BigMeanPossum

• Quitter
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2012, 04:52:00 AM »
Do you mean right on your jawline, lump that moves around? If so, mine has been swollen and sore a lot with no major issues. I lost my teeth to Kodiak and Grizzley. Lots of pain over 18 years but no "C" thank God. Hope your journey goes as well as it can. Try to stay strong.