Author Topic: Winer Winner Chicken Dinner  (Read 8119 times)

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Winer Winner Chicken Dinner
« Reply #73 on: October 09, 2014, 12:53:00 AM »
Quote from: Done4Me
Seems like a good place to put this so I don't have to hot 5 different intros, I wanna call Raider, Thumblewort, Diesel, Dagranger, Grizzclaws for always working the intros. The fearless fivesome are consistently getting heads in the right place to being the journey. They deserve a thanks. Good work guys.
That Diesel guy is an asshole.
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline Done4Me

• Epic Quitter
  • Interests: Family, Beach, Fishing, BBQ
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #72 on: October 08, 2014, 09:33:00 PM »
Quote from: grizzlyhasclaws
Quote from: Dagranger
Quote from: Thumblewort
Quote from: slug.go
Seems like a good place to put this so I don't have to hot 5 different intros, I wanna call Raider, Thumblewort, Diesel, Dagranger, Grizzclaws for always working the intros. The fearless fivesome are consistently getting heads in the right place to being the journey. They deserve a thanks. Good work guys.
Yes, they do, D4. Good call.
Dude, I am jamming to Steel Pather live at Wacken Fest and gonna get to fappin' with hottiez wearing glasses (Bailey at WKRP anyone?), and now I a got a tear in my eye. Thanks for the call out man! You are bad ass yourself Done4, make it a sexy sixsome...............don't get me started, haven't been laid in over a week. Been quit for half a year!
Done 4 thanks for the shout out....again. Always good to hear some praise. But agree with Thumble you have got to put your name in the pot, I'd also like to throw in Worktowin, Bean, and Pinched. Thumble, I hate that I am old enough To get your ridiculously obscure WKRP reference....
Johnny Fever, Venus Flytrap, Les Nessman, Herb, the Big Guy, Andy, Bailey, and Lonnie Anderson. Great show!! I always loved the softball game episode.
My fave was Les with his floor tape to simulate office walls, chest thumping to simulate the traffic helicopter, and the game of where's the bandaid today.

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #71 on: October 08, 2014, 09:30:00 PM »
Dude, I am jamming to Steel Pather live at Wacken Fest and gonna get to fappin' with hottiez wearing glasses (Bailey at WKRP anyone?), and now I a got a tear in my eye. Thanks for the call out man! You are bad ass yourself Done4, make it a sexy sixsome...............don't get me started, haven't been laid in over a week. Been quit for half a year!
Done 4 thanks for the shout out....again. Always good to hear some praise. But agree with Thumble you have got to put your name in the pot, I'd also like to throw in Worktowin, Bean, and Pinched. Thumble, I hate that I am old enough To get your ridiculously obscure WKRP reference....
Johnny Fever, Venus Flytrap, Les Nessman, Herb, the Big Guy, Andy, Bailey, and Lonnie Anderson. Great show!! I always loved the softball game episode.
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline Dagranger

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 06-27-2013
  • Interests: I used to like playing any sport. Now I like coaching any sport. Hiking, camping, biking. I work out a lot but I hate it.
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #70 on: October 08, 2014, 09:19:00 PM »

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
« Reply #69 on: October 08, 2014, 08:46:00 PM »
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline slug.go

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/23/14
  • Interests: Family, motorcycles, all sports, hunting, fishing, guns
« Reply #68 on: October 08, 2014, 08:39:00 PM »
Quit since 1/23/14

Offline Done4Me

• Epic Quitter
« Reply #67 on: October 08, 2014, 07:33:00 PM »

Offline Doc2quit4good

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quitting since 9/18/13!!!!
  • Quit Date: 9/18/13
  • Interests: Non motorized biking, Geetar, Jazz Music(Not Jazz Flute), Quitting Skoal Forever!
« Reply #66 on: August 21, 2014, 11:25:00 AM »
Quote from: basshaug
Question for the KTC crew regardless if you are young/old or vet/new. Open to all since I'm sure most of you are feeling it or have felt it. Proud of my quit. Damn proud. I can handle the craves. I can handle the excess drinking (more than before). In time I will take steps to curb the alcohol. Why am I waiting? I have one issue that I want to solve. Lack of focus.

I haven't had a full productive work week since I quit. Last week I strung together 3 consecutive days and felt on top of my game. This week nada. I know things will improve with time.

Here's the big question? Why can't I focus on work but I can 100% focus on KTC all damn day?
Fear? I'm the same way, I need the KTC right now, like if I don't get on and post that I'll do something I'll regret. I get done what I need to at work, but just barely. Any advise from long timers?
I am in the same boat, but i don't think it's fear. I think it's the simple fact that quitting is more fun and KTC in general is more interesting then work. Maybe that'll level out, maybe not. I do however think the productivity will get better and settle out much closer to normal than you are now. Hell 3 productive days in a row is better than your or I have had in weeks.
I have bad news! I still don't focus 100% after almost a year. Sorry man... Wish I knew what to say. We had a hard time prioritizing our lives before, but thought we were doing it by sucking in the nic. Now the nic isn't there so we have to figure out how to live without it. One day you won't have to think about nicotine or quitting ever again. Maybe then you will be at 100% Until then you better fake it!!!
NO MO SKOAL!!! I MEAN NEVER AGAIN!!!
Real Quit Day 9/18/2013 8th Floor 11/26/15
HOF day: 12/26/2013. 9th Floor 3/5/16
2nd Floor: 4/5/14 Comma Day 6/13/16!!!
3rd Floor 7/14/2014. 3 Years 9/18/6!!!
1 Year 9/17/2014. 11th Floor 9/21/16
4th Floor 10/22/14. 12th Floor 12/30/16
Half Comma 1/30/15. 13th Floor 4/8/17
6th Floor 5/10/15 4 Years 9/18/17!!!
7th Floor 8/18/15. 15th Floor 10/26/17
2 Years 9/17/15 16th Floor 2/3/18
5 Years 9/18/18  17th Floor 5/14/18
18th Floor 08/22/2018  19th Floor 11/30/18

Offline basshaug

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Epic Quitter
« Reply #65 on: August 21, 2014, 12:27:00 AM »
Question for the KTC crew regardless if you are young/old or vet/new. Open to all since I'm sure most of you are feeling it or have felt it. Proud of my quit. Damn proud. I can handle the craves. I can handle the excess drinking (more than before). In time I will take steps to curb the alcohol. Why am I waiting? I have one issue that I want to solve. Lack of focus.

I haven't had a full productive work week since I quit. Last week I strung together 3 consecutive days and felt on top of my game. This week nada. I know things will improve with time.

Here's the big question? Why can't I focus on work but I can 100% focus on KTC all damn day?
Fear? I'm the same way, I need the KTC right now, like if I don't get on and post that I'll do something I'll regret. I get done what I need to at work, but just barely. Any advise from long timers?
I am in the same boat, but i don't think it's fear. I think it's the simple fact that quitting is more fun and KTC in general is more interesting then work. Maybe that'll level out, maybe not. I do however think the productivity will get better and settle out much closer to normal than you are now. Hell 3 productive days in a row is better than your or I have had in weeks.

Offline Krusty

• Quitter
« Reply #64 on: August 20, 2014, 08:28:00 PM »
Quote from: doc2quit4good
Quote from: B-loMatt
Quote from: Air
Quote from: razd611
Quote from: twballgame9
Quote from: lighty7
Quote from: brettlees
Quote from: gmann
Quote from: grizzlyhasclaws
Quote from: worktowin
Welcome to 100 sir! Congratulations on a job well done!

Proud to quit with you today.
Wow 100 days. You've been a great quitter from day one. Congrats
Done4, great job brother. Enjoy your day.
One day, one hundred times...outstanding!!
Congrats, man.
Way to go man, glad to see it. Keep it up! it keeps getting better.
Congrats D4me! Proud of you - It's just not an option anymore is it?
Done4 is a bad ass quitter. Kudos, sir.
'wave' Atta Boy!!!
That's what I'm talking about!
Thanks to all the well wishers. Yesterday was awesome and just another +1 in the journey.
Welcome to the HOF! Nice quit you got going Done4! Keep your tools sharp. It gets way better.
Smokin quit NC Boy!!! Congrats man!!!
Inexcusably belated but no less in sentiment: congrats on 1-hundo, hoss!! Great to have you aboard; quit with you everyday!

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #63 on: August 20, 2014, 05:25:00 PM »
Quote from: rdad
Quote from: Heisenberg

Because our quit is the most important thing in our lives right now. We're on here because we want to live a better life. Nobody wants their life to be managed by a hockey puck full of shit.
I echo Heisenberg. I probably still spend too much time here but without this community I wouldn't be quit. Staying quit is the most important thing to me. I could always find another job but could never forgive myself if I caved. The focus on work will get better as you stack up more days and get more comfortable (not complacent) with having said goodbye to nictotine. I still don't work a full honest week without spending time here but it is getting easier for me to focus and work my ass off to make up for the time I spend on here during the workday. Keep quiitng bro!
Im with you all on this. I'm glad to be living and quitting with you guys!
This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #62 on: August 20, 2014, 04:59:00 PM »
Quote from: Heisenberg

Because our quit is the most important thing in our lives right now. We're on here because we want to live a better life. Nobody wants their life to be managed by a hockey puck full of shit.
I echo Heisenberg. I probably still spend too much time here but without this community I wouldn't be quit. Staying quit is the most important thing to me. I could always find another job but could never forgive myself if I caved. The focus on work will get better as you stack up more days and get more comfortable (not complacent) with having said goodbye to nictotine. I still don't work a full honest week without spending time here but it is getting easier for me to focus and work my ass off to make up for the time I spend on here during the workday. Keep quiitng bro!

Offline Heisenberg

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-08-14
  • Interests: Mountain Bikes, Hunting and fishing.
« Reply #61 on: August 20, 2014, 04:35:00 PM »

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
« Reply #60 on: August 20, 2014, 03:56:00 PM »

Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline Done4Me

• Epic Quitter
« Reply #59 on: August 20, 2014, 03:52:00 PM »