Author Topic: Quittin' in Mississippi!  (Read 1966 times)

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Swim Bike Run - Shooting - Chasing my boys around.
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: Quittin' in Mississippi!
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2011, 03:53:00 PM »
Quote from: J-Dawg
I've got my plan to survive the weekend down pat as I'm about to head out the door... No internet, no phone service, no dip store or gas station within 30 mins of my farm. Great thing about being in isolation is being isolated from EVERYTHING. Both good and bad. I just want to thank ya'll again. I've absorbed enough kindness, caring and motivation in the past few days reading this site to last me a long, long time. Stay safe, everyone. Stay quit.
Nice work brother. Reach out. Lots of folks here that know exactly what you are going through. Use us.

Offline J-Dawg

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2011, 02:12:00 PM »
I've got my plan to survive the weekend down pat as I'm about to head out the door... No internet, no phone service, no dip store or gas station within 30 mins of my farm. Great thing about being in isolation is being isolated from EVERYTHING. Both good and bad. I just want to thank ya'll again. I've absorbed enough kindness, caring and motivation in the past few days reading this site to last me a long, long time. Stay safe, everyone. Stay quit.

Quit Date: 10/4/2011--HOF Date: 1/11/2012--2nd Floor: 4/20/2012--3rd Floor: 7/29/2012

Offline J-Dawg

• Quitter
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2011, 12:34:00 PM »
Thanks, guys. You're help is appreciated. The kind words go a long way. I'll be heading to my farm for the weekend to get ready for deer season. This will be a TRUE test to my will. Just know that I've got this shit and that ya'lls kind words have gone a long way. It's only day 4, but I feel like I already have a new outlook on life. I'm excited, determined and ready. Bring on the challenges.

If I don't get a chance to post roll Sat/Sun... know that I'll be back Monday posting my Day 7. Best BELIEVE DAT!

Quit Date: 10/4/2011--HOF Date: 1/11/2012--2nd Floor: 4/20/2012--3rd Floor: 7/29/2012

Offline Wild_Bill

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2011, 11:14:00 AM »
Way to go Dawg!! Glad to be quit with you today.
Quit Dip: August 12, 2011
Quit Cigs: October 1, 2009

veni, vici, cessavi

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2011, 10:01:00 AM »
Feelin' great so far today. Had a cup of coffee, read some news online... posted roll, drove to work... all without thinking about a dip. Actually, the first time I thought about a dip today was when I said "Hey, I need to post roll". I find that good because I'm conditioning my mind to not say "you need a dip", but rather say "you quit".

Last night was a doozy, however. I feel like I'm in a lighter fog, if that makes sense. It's by no means as intense. But, I couldn't sleep solid at all last night. I had to have woken up 5 or 6 times throughout the night. But I'd trade that every night instead of throwing cancer in my mouth.

Thanks Soul and Magnum.

Have a great Friday and weekend, everyone.
Your freedom is starting to shine. I had trouble sleeping for the first 3 weeks. It shall fade.

Offline J-Dawg

• Quitter
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2011, 09:57:00 AM »
Feelin' great so far today. Had a cup of coffee, read some news online... posted roll, drove to work... all without thinking about a dip. Actually, the first time I thought about a dip today was when I said "Hey, I need to post roll". I find that good because I'm conditioning my mind to not say "you need a dip", but rather say "you quit".

Last night was a doozy, however. I feel like I'm in a lighter fog, if that makes sense. It's by no means as intense. But, I couldn't sleep solid at all last night. I had to have woken up 5 or 6 times throughout the night. But I'd trade that every night instead of throwing cancer in my mouth.

Thanks Soul and Magnum.

Have a great Friday and weekend, everyone.

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2011, 09:14:00 PM »
Quote from: Souliman
Sittin' here at 72+ hrs out.  Just had a terrible crave... worst one yet.  I keep telling myself "if you can get through this, you can get through anything".  I was really craving the "oral gratification". Ran to the convenience store and grabbed a water, some seeds and a can.  Sorry, guys. 

HA.  Just kidding... I got the only fake shit they had..... Smokey Mountain wintergreen.  This shit is nasty.  This crap alone will make me never wanna put that shit in my mouth ever again.
We don't joke about caving.
Whatever man. This quit is about me. If it helps me, I'm going to joke about it. That's what all you folks said in the first place. This quit is about ME. Sorry I'm not sorry for having a different way of dealing with difficulties.
Oh I get it. You already caved. Funny.
What happened to being able to bitch and moan at all of you? Hell no I haven't caved and I am freaking disgusted that you even bring that up.
I was just making a joke. Settle down Francis.
No, I apologize for getting snippy. It's probably best not to joke about it and I realize that now. Its be 72 hrs and some change and this last bit of nic leaving my body is giving me a fight. I'll make it though.

Anyway... I had just snapped this pic to prove to you. Might as well go ahead and use it.

Photo
Just sent you a PM. This is the place to get this done.

My only suggestion is you get up early, post roll and keep your word all day. That's it. Shit hits the fan you reach out. You get on here and ask for help and you see how many folks come running. Me included. You can do this.

PS. I wanted to add if the fake shit works for you stuff you pie hole with it. I tried it for a bit and liked the flavor and oral grat but after I killed the sleeve, I just forgot to buy another one.

Offline J-Dawg

• Quitter
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2011, 09:07:00 PM »
Sittin' here at 72+ hrs out.  Just had a terrible crave... worst one yet.  I keep telling myself "if you can get through this, you can get through anything".  I was really craving the "oral gratification". Ran to the convenience store and grabbed a water, some seeds and a can.  Sorry, guys. 

HA.  Just kidding... I got the only fake shit they had..... Smokey Mountain wintergreen.  This shit is nasty.  This crap alone will make me never wanna put that shit in my mouth ever again.
Whatever man. This quit is about me. If it helps me, I'm going to joke about it. That's what all you folks said in the first place. This quit is about ME. Sorry I'm not sorry for having a different way of dealing with difficulties.
What happened to being able to bitch and moan at all of you? Hell no I haven't caved and I am freaking disgusted that you even bring that up.
No, I apologize for getting snippy. It's probably best not to joke about it and I realize that now. Its be 72 hrs and some change and this last bit of nic leaving my body is giving me a fight. I'll make it though.

Anyway... I had just snapped this pic to prove to you. Might as well go ahead and use it.

Photo

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2011, 08:59:00 PM »

Offline J-Dawg

• Quitter
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2011, 08:59:00 PM »

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2011, 08:55:00 PM »

Offline J-Dawg

• Quitter
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2011, 08:34:00 PM »

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2011, 08:07:00 PM »
Sittin' here at 72+ hrs out. Just had a terrible crave... worst one yet. I keep telling myself "if you can get through this, you can get through anything". I was really craving the "oral gratification". Ran to the convenience store and grabbed a water, some seeds and a can. Sorry, guys.

HA. Just kidding... I got the only fake shit they had..... Smokey Mountain wintergreen. This shit is nasty. This crap alone will make me never wanna put that shit in my mouth ever again.

Offline J-Dawg

• Quitter
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2011, 08:01:00 PM »
Sittin' here at 72+ hrs out. Just had a terrible crave... worst one yet. I keep telling myself "if you can get through this, you can get through anything". I was really craving the "oral gratification". Ran to the convenience store and grabbed a water, some seeds and a can. Sorry, guys.

HA. Just kidding... I got the only fake shit they had..... Smokey Mountain wintergreen. This shit is nasty. This crap alone will make me never wanna put that shit in my mouth ever again.

Offline magnum9

• Quit Pro
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2011, 01:44:00 PM »
Thanks for the help in Roll Call, magnum. Day 3 is going great so far. I will be 5 Gum's biggest customer before this is all said and done. Like I said in my other post, I've tried this a few times before. I can definitely tell a difference this time and it all has to deal with my attitude. I was truly ready this time. My attitude is right. My motivation is right. I'm quittin' this shit for good, ya'll. It feels amazing so far. No pain, no glory.
I'll support you any day as long as you stay quit!

Embrace the pain. These first 3 days are the most important part of a quit to remember. You will use it later during cravings to remember that quitting again would require going through this again.

Keep in mind that you are almost through the worst of the nicotine withdrawal. Now comes the mind games where the nic bitch is constantly in your head and trying to convince you that you need her. Stay on your toes as she will pop up out of nowhere.

I don't want to scare you but you have a good 2-3 weeks before the fog really lifts. But after today or tomorrow you will notice a huge improvement.

Keep it up!