Author Topic: Planned quit date Nov 1  (Read 3232 times)

Offline pete333

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-08-07
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Planned quit date Nov 1
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2015, 05:26:00 PM »
Quote from: Mike23mx
Quote from: Can_I_Kick_It?
Quote from: pab1964
Quote from: invader
Pilgrim! I'm glad to see you back, albeit not yet quit. Talk to us, man. You said something I'm very curious about.

You said quitting cold turkey would be too much of a shock to your system. I'm wondering what leads you to believe this, or more specifically, what you're worried would happen if you were to quit cold turkey. Also, I would argue that putting a potent drug such as nicotine into your body is far more shocking for all the thousands of documented reasons out there that are known.

I ask these things because while I'm not completely all-knowing, I have not once heard of a person dying or otherwise needing to become hospitalized due to quitting cold turkey. If they were, you could rest assured that would be in all the nicotine replacement commercials. Nicorette gum would LOVE to be able to say you need their products because if you don't use them, you may become very ill or totally incapacitated. They don't say that, though. They say "quitting nicotine is hard." Yeah, it is hard. As is anything else worth doing in life.

Nevertheless, I can't come to your house and dump your cans for you. I can only be your GPS, and as your GPS, I'm telling you that the most efficient, shortest route to quit is to dump your cans tonight. But, you're the driver. If you want to take the long route, I can't stop you. Either way, we will be here to support and quit along side you when you do quit.

All the best,
Invader.
Translation: Fuck yourself and then jump in the lake. Stop dipping your toes. I say this respectfully, of course.
bullshit
What's bullshit?
badass! And you made the right decision not to drive also. I've made that drive more than once and I guess I'll just say I'm lucky it didn't turn out really bad.
I probably used as much cheap Walmart nic gum over the past several years as I did dip. The nic replacement companies are as bad as big tobacco.

Walk outside, dump the cans, post roll, and begin the best battle of your life. All you need to do is quit for today. You can deal with tomorrow, tomorrow.

Offline Mike23mx

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-08-02
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2015, 11:43:00 PM »
Pilgrim! I'm glad to see you back, albeit not yet quit. Talk to us, man. You said something I'm very curious about.

You said quitting cold turkey would be too much of a shock to your system. I'm wondering what leads you to believe this, or more specifically, what you're worried would happen if you were to quit cold turkey. Also, I would argue that putting a potent drug such as nicotine into your body is far more shocking for all the thousands of documented reasons out there that are known.

I ask these things because while I'm not completely all-knowing, I have not once heard of a person dying or otherwise needing to become hospitalized due to quitting cold turkey. If they were, you could rest assured that would be in all the nicotine replacement commercials. Nicorette gum would LOVE to be able to say you need their products because if you don't use them, you may become very ill or totally incapacitated. They don't say that, though. They say "quitting nicotine is hard." Yeah, it is hard. As is anything else worth doing in life.

Nevertheless, I can't come to your house and dump your cans for you. I can only be your GPS, and as your GPS, I'm telling you that the most efficient, shortest route to quit is to dump your cans tonight. But, you're the driver. If you want to take the long route, I can't stop you. Either way, we will be here to support and quit along side you when you do quit.

All the best,
Invader.
Translation: Fuck yourself and then jump in the lake. Stop dipping your toes. I say this respectfully, of course.
bullshit
What's bullshit?
badass! And you made the right decision not to drive also. I've made that drive more than once and I guess I'll just say I'm lucky it didn't turn out really bad.
Man up and be a quitter ODAAT. Post Roll EDD. It works.

ODAAT: One Day At A Time
EDD: Every Damn Day

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2015, 11:42:00 PM »

All the best,
Invader.
bullshit
What's bullshit?
My post went through twice, I edit it and put bullshit
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 09/05/2015
  • Interests: Taking that first breath every morning before I post roll again.... Family, Philadelphia Eagles football, music, computers, solving puzzles of all sorts
  • Likes Given: 248
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2015, 11:39:00 PM »
Planning never worked for me either.

For example, this year I had planned to quit in late July/early August as I was scheduled to get some dental work done. I even went out and bought a bunch of gum thinking that I'd use it once my quit began. That planned quit never happened. For whatever reason when the time came I didn't quit. I'm sure I gave myself a million reasons to buy another can of Copenhagen long cut, and I probably told myself I would quit for real on New Year's Eve or on my birthday next year.

By Friday September 4th, the day before I quit, the only plan I had was to go out and purchase 2 more cans of Copenhagen long cut for the long Labor day weekend. That day happened to be a crazy day at work and I never got around to buying those extra cans. I ran out of chew later that night - I used every last grain of that shit. I probably would have bought more but I had a few drinks and I didn't want to risk a DUI on Labor Day weekend just running out for a few more cans.

I woke up Saturday September 5th with no dip in the house and I put my foot down - I decided to just gut it out without dip for the next three days to see what would happen. It was more awful than I expected and I found this site and joined a few days later - I am thankful for that. :D

I guess the point is that this did not start for me until the chew was gone and I had decided not to use nicotine anymore. I'm glad I didn't wait until my birthday or some other random date in the future. I should be about 150 days quit by my birthday next year and that will be a great birthday present.

Offline Can_I_Kick_It?

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-09-26
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2015, 11:34:00 PM »

All the best,
Invader.
bullshit
What's bullshit?

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2015, 11:30:00 PM »

All the best,
Invader.
bullshit
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2015, 11:30:00 PM »

All the best,
Invader.
Everybody's here at the party but the guest of Honor, pilgrim. Hopefully he will show up soon.

Offline Can_I_Kick_It?

• Quitter
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2015, 11:18:00 PM »

All the best,
Invader.

Offline invader

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-03-12
  • Interests: Board games, antique bicycles, and doing my fair share to bankrupt the ghouls over at Copenhagen.
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2015, 11:11:00 PM »

All the best,
Invader.

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2015, 10:10:00 PM »
Hey Pilgrim,

I was going to come on here today and announce something similar. I had a 10/11 plan. However, I realized how many "plans" I had to "quit" through the years and after realizing that, pretty much told myself to go fuck myself. So after fucking myself, I stopped chewing. I had one last dip, finished up, talked to God, and jumped in the pool.

Stop dipping your toes in the water. Jump in ya sumbitch B)B
^^^THIS IS HOW IT IS DONE.

Offline Can_I_Kick_It?

• Quitter
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2015, 09:51:00 PM »
Hey Pilgrim,

I was going to come on here today and announce something similar. I had a 10/11 plan. However, I realized how many "plans" I had to "quit" through the years and after realizing that, pretty much told myself to go fuck myself. So after fucking myself, I stopped chewing. I had one last dip, finished up, talked to God, and jumped in the pool.

Stop dipping your toes in the water. Jump in ya sumbitch B)B

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2015, 03:05:00 PM »
If you really think about it, planned quits are bullshit! Just like wt did ,myself tried quitting for 38 year's until I found ktc and I have tried all this weening myself , cutting back well here's the cold hard truth for you, you're an addict and just like an alcoholic we can't have just 23 beers today instead of our usual case and maybe 22 next week. That's pure addict bullshit talk! Grab your sac, man up today and prove your a man, if you don't you will still be finding excuses 10 years from now, I'm living proof of that!

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2015, 02:53:00 PM »
Quote from: Pilgrim
i just moved my date to oct 1 and i'm not over here congratulating myself. i'm a nervous wreck and quitting cold turkey without any aid is just too much of a shock to the system for me...sorry. my hat is off to you hard core badasses though, really!

can i post again once i get down to 0 nicotine?
Sounds like me for 40+ years. I was different, I just couldn't quit without some to take the edge off. When I first joined this forum I also had a half assed plan that postponed the pain. The crew convinced me that I had to pull the damn bandaid off, that was 3 1/2 years ago and I'm so glad I listened to everyone. That's the way it is pilgrim.
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline Pilgrim

• Quit Date: 2019-11-01
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2015, 02:15:00 PM »
Quote from: DjPorkchop
Will do; i'll be back. Thanks Ray

Offline DjPorkchop

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Mother Fricker!!!
    • PaPa Ray's Photography
  • Quit Date: 9/17/2015
  • Interests: Brewing Beer and Building Cheap Smokers (UDS Drums)
  • Likes Given: 23
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2015, 01:57:00 PM »
Hi Pilgrim

Sorry to hear your using nic replacement bud. The shit is pure garbage. You are still poisoning your self bud and we just hate to see it. Your life is worth saving and nic just isnt the way to go. Nut up and just say no more!!!!! If ya can't well that's to bad. Come back and post when you are using 0 nic at all and ready to fight the good fight.

Take care bud.

Ray
If I could I would. If I don't, it's because I am lazy.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark. Professionals built the Titanic.