Author Topic: Planned quit date Nov 1  (Read 3233 times)

Offline Pilgrim

• Quit Date: 2019-11-01
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Planned quit date Nov 1
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2015, 01:49:00 PM »
i just moved my date to oct 1 and i'm not over here congratulating myself. i'm a nervous wreck and quitting cold turkey without any aid is just too much of a shock to the system for me...sorry. my hat is off to you hard core badasses though, really!

can i post again once i get down to 0 nicotine?

Offline pete333

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-08-07
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2015, 01:29:00 PM »
Quote from: Pilgrim
Why don't y'all just tell me how you really feel :)

My state sponsors a quit site and their replacement stuff is free for me; they are the ones recommending the nic replacement...iqh quitline.

don't put me on the losers list just yet please. once i'm down to a much lower nic level, it will still be cold turkey from there and once i am quit with all of it, i promise to not get on here and start bragging.
These guys are right. The best plan, is to walk out to your lawn, open your can and shake the fucker out. Then log in here post a day 1 on roll, and buckle up for a wild ride. Each of us has quit and stayed quit for some interval of time. Each of us has been right where you are, and will tell you that the decision we made on our day 1 was well worth the ride. I'm not going to tell you it was easy or blow smoke, but I will tell you it was worth it. This is a great support system, even if we want to choke each other out at time.

We quit for today, one day, every day. Little bites is the key to success. Every damn day.

Step on in, the water is fine... I'll quit with you today.

Offline Pilgrim

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2015, 01:12:00 PM »
Why don't y'all just tell me how you really feel :)

My state sponsors a quit site and their replacement stuff is free for me; they are the ones recommending the nic replacement...iqh quitline.

don't put me on the losers list just yet please. once i'm down to a much lower nic level, it will still be cold turkey from there and once i am quit with all of it, i promise to not get on here and start bragging.

Offline invader

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-03-12
  • Interests: Board games, antique bicycles, and doing my fair share to bankrupt the ghouls over at Copenhagen.
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2015, 08:27:00 AM »
Hi! Hey, I'm just gonna be blunt here. I've taken it upon myself to begin making a list of people who have come to this forum, stated they planned to quit, and never returned again. I decided to pursue this undertaking to show you, people like you, or anyone else reading intros where "planned quits" end up 99.9% of the time. This list is by no means comprehensive as I've only just started with most recent examples, but it happens so frequently, it won't be long before it's quite lengthy:

Time-Waster #1
Time-Waster #2
Time-Waster #3
Time-Waster #4 (This one is as recent as yesterday. He too thought quitting on his birthday would give him some sort of special motivation. Didn't quite work out that way.)

The point of this is to not openly humiliate these people (they've done a fine job at humiliating themselves), it's to illustrate a few things to you:

1.) We've all "planned" to quit on birthdays, New Years, before weddings, before kids were born, so on and so forth. We know it's all bullshit. Therefore, we'll believe it when we see it. You can't kid a kidder, man.
2.) We all know how good it feels to be quit, and we want that for you. The people who show up here who refuse to pull the trigger are actually painful to see, because they're holding their own freedom over their own heads. If only they'd make the jump, they'd feel so much better.
3.) Planning to quit is little more than your addicted mind telling you "See? We've planned to quit. We can feel good about that. Now we can worry about it later, and dip right now. In fact, maybe we should dip even more. Got to cram in as much as possible between now and the quit date!"

Well, that's all I've got. Hopefully you prove me wrong. It'd be really easy to do that, too. Dump your shit in the toilet today and quit. I'd love nothing more than for that to happen, and I and everyone else WOULD support you and your quit as if it were our own. But, worst case scenario, I'll have another intro thread to link to the next person who shows up here trying to kid themselves.

Quit TODAY.

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2015, 10:05:00 PM »
Really? Come back November 1st. No one here wants to hear about lozenges, a little less dip ,maybe fake this time oops or was it fake last dip oh hell it don't matter I can't quit anyways! See you never quit before because your an addict and all that Yaya sisterhood is addict bullshit talk. You really want to quit then by God man up, be a man and quit or be a puss like I was for 38 years and kill yourself? It's your choice, man or puss?
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline Keja

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-08-23
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2015, 09:50:00 PM »
Yeah, sure. Whatever.

And the tin man doesn't have a sheet metal cock.

Offline DjPorkchop

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Mother Fricker!!!
    • PaPa Ray's Photography
  • Quit Date: 9/17/2015
  • Interests: Brewing Beer and Building Cheap Smokers (UDS Drums)
  • Likes Given: 23
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2015, 09:06:00 PM »
Brother you should do as everyone here says and skip the plan and just go for it now. Planned quits never work. Get in here and do it brother!
If I could I would. If I don't, it's because I am lazy.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Offline Kize

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-08-13
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2015, 08:54:00 PM »
Just man up and quit. You'll need to white knuckle it for a few days to get through the suck and the fog etc.

It's hard and it sucks but you have to quit making excuses and just do it.

I'm on day 41 of my cold turkey quit and yeah it has mostly sucked but I'm doing it one day at a time.

You can do it too

Offline danojeno

• Quit Date March 2, 2015
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 48
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2015, 08:41:00 PM »
Quote from: pilgrim
Quitting like this worked in the past so i'll give it another go, yeah?
No, it didn't work in the past, that's why you're here...or were here. Coming here and making an announcement like this feels good for you but does NOTHING. Just quit the shit and get in here.

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2015, 08:40:00 PM »
Quote from: Pilgrim
Quitting like this worked in the past so i'll give it another go
Really? I'm guessing your definition of "quit" is different than ours is. If that nugget of wisdom were actually true, you'd STILL be quit. What you are, m'man, is a serial stopper. Nothing more.

Nicotine owns you. Plain and simple. KTC has a method to help you break free but you gotta man up, drop it cold turkey, and put some quit under you. Every weaning method reaches a point where you gotta stop and go cold turkey anyway. Why prolong your pain dude? Do it now because... what if that next dip costs you your face? Your life?

Now is the time.
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline lwildma2

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 9-9-15
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2015, 06:09:00 PM »
No Nicotine chew is a great idea as long as you go with just that. Pilgrim trust the guys on here. Loads of experience.

Quit for today and get it over with. I planned to quit for 10 years. I am quit today.

I want to quit with you today my brother.

Offline KingNothing

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 2015-07-10
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2015, 05:01:00 PM »
You do realize you would be on day 40 of your quit and through the withdrawals by that point, right? What a great birthday present to yourself. Day 40 is almost halfway to HOF, but instead you want to play with fire and toss cancer in your mouth for 40 more days? I have to be honest, I can't really get behind that brother. If you want to come back today, dump that crap down the toilet and quit for real, that'd be awesome!
"Fuck nicotine dude. You don't need it. And you don't want it. It didn't do a thing for you and you know it." - worktowin
"today you dissided that shit wont control your life. and it wont. unless you let it." - drome
"Not thinking about nicotine is for people who've never used nicotine. We threw that option away with the first dip or drag on a cigarette. We are addicts, and cannot become un-addicted." - wildirish317
"You need to decide how much you really want to be quit." - pky1520
We are always at risk. And probably always will be. That is why I will never get "too quit" to post my +1. Every. Damn. Day. - geis2597

Intro
Freedom Tastes So Good

Quit: 7/10/15, HOF: 10/17/15, 2nd Floor: 1/25/16, 3rd Floor: 5/4/16, 1 year: 7/10/16 4th Floor: 8/12/16, 5th Floor: 11/20/16, 6th Floor: 2/28/17, 7th Floor: 6/8/17, 2 years: 7/10/17, 8th Floor: 9/16/17, 9th Floor: 12/25/17, Comma: 4/4/18, 3 years: 7/10/18, 11th Floor: 7/13/18

Offline Bean

• Quitter
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2015, 04:47:00 PM »
That plan sucks, Pilgrim. Go to the KillTheCan.org link above and start reading. This is a NO NICOTINE site. No nicotine means no nicotine regardless of your method of ingesting it. Personally, I tried to perfect anal dipping. The trick I never could master was spitting.

You had the right idea coming here. And I can't wait until your testes drop and you quit. But until then, get lost.

Offline Pilgrim

Planned quit date Nov 1
« on: September 21, 2015, 04:22:00 PM »
Hello everyone; i've quit a few times but never really had a support group; hoping it will help this go round. I was quit from all forms of tobacco for twenty years and gave in to a dip one day. After a year, i quit using nicotine lozenges and after another year, made the ridiculous decision to start up again; now i've been dipping for 3 years and plan to stop once more on my birtday nov.1. Not being one for cold turkey, i thought i'd again use the nicotine gum and today had the thought to start adding some non-nicotine dip to my grizzly prior to starting the gum. Quitting like this worked in the past so i'll give it another go, yeah?