Author Topic: T + 12 hours  (Read 2840 times)

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
Re: T + 12 hours
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2012, 09:16:00 AM »
Quote from: mmcfreds
Quote from: Syndrome
you want acountability? you been here 3+ days. you aint posted up roll yet. thats ware your acountability is.

you wanna make cute posts? join the face book.
What is it with people that think everything written on the internet is meant to be ridiculed (normally while misspelling several words along the way)? If you had read the rest of this thread you would see that I'm not going to post roll and I'm not "making cute posts." Thank you for calling me cute but I'm not gay.
Please leave. Thank you.

Offline 30yraddict

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Feb 13, 2011
  • Likes Given: 67
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2012, 08:54:00 AM »
.... If you had read the rest of this thread you would see that I'm not going to post roll......
why not?

Offline mmcfreds

• Likes Given: 0
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2012, 08:50:00 AM »
Quote from: Syndrome
you want acountability? you been here 3+ days. you aint posted up roll yet. thats ware your acountability is.

What is it with people that think everything written on the internet is meant to be ridiculed (normally while misspelling several words along the way)? If you had read the rest of this thread you would see that I'm not going to post roll and I'm not "making cute posts." Thank you for calling me cute but I'm not gay.

Offline syndrome

• geezer squad
  • Master of Quit
  • you kids get off my yard
  • Quit Date: 11/13/08
  • Likes Given: 703
« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2012, 07:55:00 AM »
I was directed to this site by another person who is quitting at the same time I am and I signed in to the forums just to chime in and gain some accountability. I'll leave you all alone now, have a nice day.

Offline mmcfreds

« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2012, 06:57:00 AM »
Quote from: redtrain14
First, congrats on your drink quit...but I have a couple of questions.

What methods did you use to quit cigarettes?

How long after quitting cigarettes did you pick up the tin? Why?
Thanks!

I was on wellbutrin for 3 days when I quit smoking cigarettes. That product is awesome! It didn't curb the cravings as much as it did erase them completely. I just didn't feel the need to smoke, it was as if I had never smoked at all. After 3 days I just stopped taking it because I'm not a fan of meds of any kind (unless completely necessary).

I think I started smoking cigars about 3 years after my last cigarette. Casually at first (you can see this coming) but pretty soon I was smoking 3 cigars a day. I stopped smoking cigars after about a year of that because of the money (cold turkey) and about 3 weeks after that I asked a co-worker if he enjoyed dipping. That was in Georgia where you can get a 5-tin roll for $10 in some places. Very quickly I was off and running. It was sheer boredom at first, the plant I worked at was fully automated and we were just babysitters. Being an addict I went from zero to a tin a day in less than a week, even my friend said I was dipping more than he did.

I'm still doing fine, the cravings are gone and I'm chewing gum to control the oral fixation. I actually found a full tin in my sock drawer last night, what a shock that was. I put it on the bed and showed it to my girlfriend, then told her I was going to dump it on the front lawn and throw away the can. She laughed but understood why I wanted to dump it out. I did what I said I would and washed my hands afterward. I just can't be around it anymore, even the smell can set me off at this point. I should add that this is the first time I've actually tried to quit.

Oh, I appreciate all the kind words from those that gave them. I also appreciate the... ummm... less kind words from those that gave them. I believe that everyone has something to teach me, even if that something is what I don't want to be.

Offline redtrain14

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Family, hunting, fishing, running, mountain biking, swimming, building shit, and anything else that sounds like fun.
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2012, 09:06:00 PM »
I predict this will be much easier than quitting drinking and quitting cigarettes. I was only dipping for about a year.
First, congrats on your drink quit...but I have a couple of questions.

What methods did you use to quit cigarettes?

How long after quitting cigarettes did you pick up the tin? Why?

Offline hsumatt2117

• Quitter
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2012, 07:39:00 PM »
This site and some of the member can get to much for me. That is why you have to take what you need and get out. Easy as that.

Offline miles

• Quit Pro
  • Howdy, I'm Miles and I'm Quit
  • Quit Date: 3/7/2011
  • Interests: My kids, Quitting, Hunting, fishing, motorcycles, MTB, football, racing, baseball, guitar, family, running, Clint Eastwood, Cold Beer, Floating down the river, camping. Atlanta Braves, Atlanta Falcons, Houston Oilers (RIP - Love Ya Blue!)"]["{{}}{{}}][_
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2012, 05:26:00 PM »
KTC is offering freedom at no cost Fred....

There's more than one way to skin a cat but I guess the other ways haven't been sucessfull if you are here....

Posting roll every day works for me and it's worked for a lot of others....

Don't knock it till you try it.

Miles - Celebrating my 336th day of freedom
I quit with with you all!

Offline G

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2012, 04:28:00 PM »
Quote from: Souliman
Quote from: Moondawggy
2 Score and 15 minutes ago...
You sir are a funny fucker Moonie...
Yes, TIFFS.

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Swim Bike Run - Shooting - Chasing my boys around.
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2012, 03:27:00 PM »
Quote from: Moondawggy
You sir are a funny fucker Moonie...

Offline Moondawggy

• Quitter
  • Interests: Guitarist, Recording Gear, Xbox, hunting, fishing, boxing, BAMA football.
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2012, 03:12:00 PM »
Quit date : 1/20/12
HOF 4/28/12
HOF Speech

Offline zam

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit is not a passive activity.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2012, 12:48:00 PM »
Okay Fred. I'm taking a second swing at a welcome.
Thanks, I appreciate it. I'm doing fine, the cravings for nicotine are just about gone and I'm forming the "habit of not dipping." My triggers are known to me (sitting at my desk, both at home and at work) and I have the full support of those at work and those at home.

While the concepts discussed on this site no doubt work for most they are unnecessary for me. I'm just not that addicted to it. If you could have seen me when I was detoxing from alcohol you would understand. Ever seen Leaving Las Vegas? That scene toward the end when Nicky is shaking so bad he can't get the bottle to his mouth? Yeah, it was a lot like that. Compared to that getting off dip is like killing a mosquito, that's why I sounded so cocky at first. Yes, time will tell if I get back on it but I'm pretty sure I'm done. I would much rather dip than drink anyway but if I can apply the concepts of AA to this then I'm almost guaranteed success.

I was directed to this site by another person who is quitting at the same time I am and I signed in to the forums just to chime in and gain some accountability. I'll leave you all alone now, have a nice day.
Sounds reasonable for the most part. Best wishes on all your quit mmcfreds!
*Quit today. Full stop. No qualifiers. Tomorrow?... IDK, IDC.

Offline mmcfreds

« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2012, 12:38:00 PM »
Thanks, I appreciate it. I'm doing fine, the cravings for nicotine are just about gone and I'm forming the "habit of not dipping." My triggers are known to me (sitting at my desk, both at home and at work) and I have the full support of those at work and those at home.

While the concepts discussed on this site no doubt work for most they are unnecessary for me. I'm just not that addicted to it. If you could have seen me when I was detoxing from alcohol you would understand. Ever seen Leaving Las Vegas? That scene toward the end when Nicky is shaking so bad he can't get the bottle to his mouth? Yeah, it was a lot like that. Compared to that getting off dip is like killing a mosquito, that's why I sounded so cocky at first. Yes, time will tell if I get back on it but I'm pretty sure I'm done. I would much rather dip than drink anyway but if I can apply the concepts of AA to this then I'm almost guaranteed success.

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Swim Bike Run - Shooting - Chasing my boys around.
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2012, 10:42:00 PM »

This place is awesome. This place will get you and me quit for at least another 24 hours. That's how we do it. One day at a time. I would read up on the pretty pink Welcome Center in the upper left. There you will get a good sense of how we do things here. One of the 'hows' is roll call. Read up on that. That's your pledge to not use for a day. That's how we do it. We post roll early. First thing to set the table right that you are quit today. Other than that, read read read. Plenty of good stuff in here. You can't imagine. Its a quitter's paradise and everyday we run a special on freedom!

Offline bigwhitebeast

• Quitting MoFo
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2012, 04:22:00 PM »
have you posted roll call yet?