Author Topic: T + 12 hours  (Read 2838 times)

Offline mmcfreds

• Likes Given: 0
Re: T + 12 hours
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2012, 02:38:00 PM »
Quote from: Gunner26
Sooo what your saying is that you haven't tagged a stall at the local gas station lately? 'tease'
LOL Yeah, I guess that's what I'm saying...

Offline zam

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit is not a passive activity.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2012, 01:01:00 PM »
Quote from: mmcfreds

3) I'm not slamming the methodology,   . . .
Yea, you are.

But I understand. There are other groups that follow a similar path that your took on your other addiction. Actually, I think it would be great if someone would post the links, if they have them handy. They may be a better fit for you. Its not for everybody. People are encouraged to study and read all they can before jumping in.

If you insinuate that by following the KTC methodology, that person is responsible for a suicide or murder, then yes you are slamming a methodology.

BTW, I think we may just have a differing opinion on how much control one person actually has on another.
*Quit today. Full stop. No qualifiers. Tomorrow?... IDK, IDC.

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2012, 12:36:00 PM »
He also had time to log in to fight without roll call.
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline Gunner26

• Quitter
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2012, 11:52:00 AM »
Sooo what your saying is that you haven't tagged a stall at the local gas station lately? 'tease'

Offline mmcfreds

« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2012, 08:17:00 AM »
You guys are hilarious.
1) I'm 42.

2) I've been sober since 9/22/96. Spent many, many years in AA (homegroup: Mililani Men's Stag in Mililani HI). Learned to both love and hate the 12 steps, as do most people who get sober. I tried yelling and cussing at the new kids, telling them "if you're not ready to prostrate yourself on the altar that is "quit" then go back out, drink (chew) some more and come back when you're really beaten. It doesn't work for the new kid guys, sometimes that kid only needs one more push back into the world before he kills himself or someone else. It only for the militant douche bag sitting in the corner who believes he is happiest when talking about quitting but secretly wonders why he never seems to enjoy life as much as everyone else.

3) I'm not slamming the methodology, just the first guy and then I was only returning the harsh talk that he gave me first (note the "thanks for the welcome" at the end) Get a sense of humor will ya?

Let's start again, shall we? Hey guys my name is Fred and I'm an alcoholic, drug addict, and nicotine addict (if you want to separate them). :)

Enjoy your day fellas.

Offline Gunner26

• Quitter
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2012, 01:20:00 AM »
It's the generation I believe... Just some young punk with a chip on his shoulder... Probably just finished tagging the shitter stall at the local gas station. Shame indeed.

Offline AgLawyer

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Travelin, hikin, liftin and quittin
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2012, 12:23:00 AM »
What a shame. People come in here thinking they know better than those who have been there and who are succeeding. What a damn shame.

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Swim Bike Run - Shooting - Chasing my boys around.
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2012, 09:27:00 PM »
Humility fuckstick. You will learn humility from accepting that pain in ass accurate sayings.

You came looking for help. Trashing any framework that helps an addict get clean is ridiculous. Think about that.

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2012, 05:59:00 PM »
Quote from: noonelikesaquitter

Easy there cupcake.  One day at a time is not some 'pain in the ass AA saying.'  You're gonna get slammed for saying shit like this.

What makes you think this is going to be easier than anything else?  If quitting was easy, you wouldn't be here, fo' sho'.

I don't give a fuck if you only dipped for a year. You're an addict.

Put that under your hat for a while.  Sit down this weekend, and read this place.  Read everything.  Then read some more. 

We're here to help, but you have to get your head out of your ass first.

Welcome to the freak show.
Ok, clearly there are jerks in this forum just like anywhere else. You're the militant douche bag sitting in the corner at meetings and yelling at the newly clean kid for being confident (not cocky, confident). Nice. Why don't you pull YOUR head out of YOUR ass, smile, breathe, repeat. 'Finger'

Thanks for the "welcome to the freak show" comment. :D
Yeah.

Fuck you nolaq.

This boy is quit like a motherfucker. He's got this. We all just have to get out of his way and watch him go. He's so badass that he should be teaching and you should be listening.

(Carrying quite a bit of anger for something that is "so easy", aren't we? I give you 4 days top.)
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline mmcfreds

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2012, 12:04:00 PM »

Easy there cupcake. One day at a time is not some 'pain in the ass AA saying.' You're gonna get slammed for saying shit like this.

What makes you think this is going to be easier than anything else? If quitting was easy, you wouldn't be here, fo' sho'.

Put that under your hat for a while. Sit down this weekend, and read this place. Read everything. Then read some more.

Ok, clearly there are jerks in this forum just like anywhere else. You're the militant douche bag sitting in the corner at meetings and yelling at the newly clean kid for being confident (not cocky, confident). Nice. Why don't you pull YOUR head out of YOUR ass, smile, breathe, repeat. 'Finger'

Thanks for the "welcome to the freak show" comment. :D

Offline 30yraddict

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Feb 13, 2011
  • Likes Given: 67
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2012, 09:13:00 AM »
21 hours now. After a really good night's sleep I'm feeling much better this morning. Time for an extra cup of coffee and some gum. I predict this will be much easier than quitting drinking and quitting cigarettes. I was only dipping for about a year. Either way, I still know the ODAAT rule and all those pain in the ass AA sayings... :)
Easy there cupcake. One day at a time is not some 'pain in the ass AA saying.' You're gonna get slammed for saying shit like this.

What makes you think this is going to be easier than anything else? If quitting was easy, you wouldn't be here, fo' sho'.

Put that under your hat for a while. Sit down this weekend, and read this place. Read everything. Then read some more.

I predict that you will rethink your predictions pretty quick...

But predictions don't matter to me. Your promise does.

Post Roll
Honor Your Promise
Repeat

It ain't easy, but it's simple.

Offline Nolaq

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2012, 08:36:00 AM »
21 hours now. After a really good night's sleep I'm feeling much better this morning. Time for an extra cup of coffee and some gum. I predict this will be much easier than quitting drinking and quitting cigarettes. I was only dipping for about a year. Either way, I still know the ODAAT rule and all those pain in the ass AA sayings... :)

What is your major malfunction?!?!?!?!

Offline mmcfreds

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2012, 07:57:00 AM »

Offline LLCope

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2012, 05:32:00 AM »
I had my last dip at 11am this morning. It's now 11pm. I started tweaking around 3 and it's steadily gotten worse. Fortunately my gf supports my decision so she's helping me through the peak times. Yeah, this is only day 1. This sucks. :)
fred,

great choice to quit

Here is what successful quitters do:

Post roll every morning

Post roll again the next morning

don't stop posting roll

keep your word!

educate yourself by reading everything on this site

use the support on this site and have some off site support

NO NIC--EVER!

You can call me Cope, but I just call myself QUIT! Pm me if you need anything. I have 283 days of Quit Bliss :)
"A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can do without" HD Thoreau

Offline Ready

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2012, 11:51:00 PM »
Great. What now?