Author Topic: T + 12 hours  (Read 2837 times)

Offline zam

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit is not a passive activity.
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: T + 12 hours
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2012, 11:46:00 PM »
Your addiction is something all the vets here KNOW about. Your addiction is not special. That means they CAN prepare you for what is coming, and how your addicted brain will justify failure. The support here will get me through something my wife's support hasn't been able to get done (and she is all that and then some) -- 11 days nicotine free out of the last 25 years.

Read the mission and commit.
*Quit today. Full stop. No qualifiers. Tomorrow?... IDK, IDC.

Offline Sleestak

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 11:29:00 PM »
Hey, I don't know fully what is coming next but I am closing in on 24 and it is not as bad as the first 6 hours were for me. Hope it smooths out and gets better soon for you. I tried "dipping" ginger root and it seems to help. Good luck, kick its ass!

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 11:20:00 PM »
Quote from: mmcfreds
I had my last dip at 11am this morning. It's now 11pm. I started tweaking around 3 and it's steadily gotten worse. Fortunately my gf supports my decision so she's helping me through the peak times. Yeah, this is only day 1. This sucks. :)
You came to the right spot. Go up to that salmon colored WELCOME CENTER on the black banner and check out what we do and why we do it. Head on over to may 2012 and post a badass day 1.

Be sure to check out our live chat as well. Always a good quitter there that will be willing to give you real time advice.
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline mmcfreds

• Likes Given: 0
T + 12 hours
« on: February 03, 2012, 11:14:00 PM »
I had my last dip at 11am this morning. It's now 11pm. I started tweaking around 3 and it's steadily gotten worse. Fortunately my gf supports my decision so she's helping me through the peak times. Yeah, this is only day 1. This sucks. :)