Author Topic: New Life; DAY 1  (Read 2464 times)

Offline Dave1903

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2013-10-25
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: New Life; DAY 1
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2014, 01:16:00 AM »
Quote from: JayDubya
Quote from: Ron_Cross
Alan - Alan is a married quitter and has been for the past 5 years. His wife has given him two crazy kids. He says his daughter Lena will kill him by the time he’s 40.  She's only 4.  His son Trevin is one badass little guy and loves most everything he does.  He thanks his wife for being there through it all.  In his time, Alan has seen some nasty and bad stuff happen to people and goes on to say, “...but when you are the one that it happens to, you remember the ones that stand beside you holding your hand, helping you up, and pushing you forward.”  He says this perfectly describes his Wife, and he is so much better off because she has stood by him.

Alan started dipping when he was 19 but jumped around from Skoal to Redman to Beachnut and to his favorite Grizzly Wintergreen.  He says, “OHHHH I loved that burn!! I tried to quit multiple times but always within a week or a couple of months I was back into my old habits.” How familiar does this sound, anyone??  He made his 100 days and is going to give it his all. He credits Punkin who has really helped him out a lot.  “He helped pull my head out and see that life is better without the witch.”  Alan admits to not being a big social person and not one to ask for help easily. Alan is a Loss Prevention Supervisor for a major retailer and also has a true passion for being a Paramedic/Firefighter.  Alan quit for many reasons, one of which is that he never wanted his kids seeing him stuff his lip with dip again.  Alan drives a 16 year old “asian boy car” because he had to sell his truck after getting laid off in 2010.  He is practical and says it gets him from Point A to B...but quickly admits the cool massive spoiler adds at least 15 horsepower. How much horsepower will he add to the Killer Express?! He is grateful to everyone here at KTC.  Alan, you’ve earned it!! Welcome Aboard!!
Congrats, Alan!! Way to do it!! Keep it up.
Congrats Alan
The nic is a bitch, but it's gone one day at a time.

Offline JayDubya

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2013-09-11
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2014, 10:42:00 AM »
Quote from: Ron_Cross
Alan - Alan is a married quitter and has been for the past 5 years. His wife has given him two crazy kids. He says his daughter Lena will kill him by the time he’s 40. She's only 4. His son Trevin is one badass little guy and loves most everything he does. He thanks his wife for being there through it all. In his time, Alan has seen some nasty and bad stuff happen to people and goes on to say, “...but when you are the one that it happens to, you remember the ones that stand beside you holding your hand, helping you up, and pushing you forward.” He says this perfectly describes his Wife, and he is so much better off because she has stood by him.

Alan started dipping when he was 19 but jumped around from Skoal to Redman to Beachnut and to his favorite Grizzly Wintergreen. He says, “OHHHH I loved that burn!! I tried to quit multiple times but always within a week or a couple of months I was back into my old habits.” How familiar does this sound, anyone?? He made his 100 days and is going to give it his all. He credits Punkin who has really helped him out a lot. “He helped pull my head out and see that life is better without the witch.” Alan admits to not being a big social person and not one to ask for help easily. Alan is a Loss Prevention Supervisor for a major retailer and also has a true passion for being a Paramedic/Firefighter. Alan quit for many reasons, one of which is that he never wanted his kids seeing him stuff his lip with dip again. Alan drives a 16 year old “asian boy car” because he had to sell his truck after getting laid off in 2010. He is practical and says it gets him from Point A to B...but quickly admits the cool massive spoiler adds at least 15 horsepower. How much horsepower will he add to the Killer Express?! He is grateful to everyone here at KTC. Alan, you’ve earned it!! Welcome Aboard!!
Congrats, Alan!! Way to do it!! Keep it up.

Offline Ron_Cross

• Quitter
  • I am quit
  • Quit Date: 8/30/2013
  • Interests: Started my own CPA firm!
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2014, 11:29:00 PM »
Alan - Alan is a married quitter and has been for the past 5 years. His wife has given him two crazy kids. He says his daughter Lena will kill him by the time he’s 40. She's only 4. His son Trevin is one badass little guy and loves most everything he does. He thanks his wife for being there through it all. In his time, Alan has seen some nasty and bad stuff happen to people and goes on to say, “...but when you are the one that it happens to, you remember the ones that stand beside you holding your hand, helping you up, and pushing you forward.” He says this perfectly describes his Wife, and he is so much better off because she has stood by him.

Alan started dipping when he was 19 but jumped around from Skoal to Redman to Beachnut and to his favorite Grizzly Wintergreen. He says, “OHHHH I loved that burn!! I tried to quit multiple times but always within a week or a couple of months I was back into my old habits.” How familiar does this sound, anyone?? He made his 100 days and is going to give it his all. He credits Punkin who has really helped him out a lot. “He helped pull my head out and see that life is better without the witch.” Alan admits to not being a big social person and not one to ask for help easily. Alan is a Loss Prevention Supervisor for a major retailer and also has a true passion for being a Paramedic/Firefighter. Alan quit for many reasons, one of which is that he never wanted his kids seeing him stuff his lip with dip again. Alan drives a 16 year old “asian boy car” because he had to sell his truck after getting laid off in 2010. He is practical and says it gets him from Point A to B...but quickly admits the cool massive spoiler adds at least 15 horsepower. How much horsepower will he add to the Killer Express?! He is grateful to everyone here at KTC. Alan, you’ve earned it!! Welcome Aboard!!

Offline Sportster4Ever

• Quitter
  • Interests: Weight lifting, biking, coaching football, spending time with my family, taking out the sportster!
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2013, 01:34:00 AM »
Keep it going bro! I quit with you man! Look me up any time you need it. You are one badass! Welcome to the Nic Killers!
Sportster4ever (Brad)
Killing The Nic Bitch!

Offline Alan

• Quitter
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2013, 12:27:00 AM »
Quote from: Skoal
Quote from: CaliforniaSlim
Quote from: Alan
So Im almost a full 24 hours without nic. I feel like shit. But i have not wanted to be quit more. Thanks to all of you. Im completely amazed by some of the thing that have been said. You guys and girla are the shit
You are doing it. Gut through this, and use all the tools. Have some seeds or fake stuff or candy to keep your mouth occupied. Get on here and read. Then read some more.
You've got this brother.
IF you need another number, PM me.
I had a Girla once. I fed him bananners and kept him in the bathroom. Damn thing used to gnaw on the toilet seat and fling poo at the cat. When he used my wifes heirloom guest towels with the lace fringe as a ball gag on the unwilling mailman I wondered if I may have a problem.

As for advice? go live your life, you don't do that shit anymore. Your not "quitting" you have quit.
Just saw this!!!! Got to love my monkey fingers. Still alive and doing well.

Offline Punkin

• Quitter
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2013, 06:57:00 PM »
Quote from: Skoal
So Im almost a full 24 hours without nic. I feel like shit. But i have not wanted to be quit more. Thanks to all of you. Im completely amazed by some of the thing that have been said. You guys and girla are the shit
You are doing it. Gut through this, and use all the tools. Have some seeds or fake stuff or candy to keep your mouth occupied. Get on here and read. Then read some more.
You've got this brother.
I had a Girla once. I fed him bananners and kept him in the bathroom. Damn thing used to gnaw on the toilet seat and fling poo at the cat. When he used my wifes heirloom guest towels with the lace fringe as a ball gag on the unwilling mailman I wondered if I may have a problem.

As for advice? go live your life, you don't do that shit anymore. Your not "quitting" you have quit.
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!! You gotta watch them girla's.

You got this Alan. You have my numbers, dont hesitate to use them. Im here for ya pal. I quit with you
EMBRACE THE SUCK

If your gonna be dumb you gotta be tough

Are you gonna quit dipping, or are you gonna slide your tampon in?

Offline Skoal Monster

• Quit Pro
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2013, 06:47:00 PM »
You've got this brother.

"CLOSE THE DOOR. In my opinion, it?s the single most important step in your final quit. There is one moment, THE moment, when you finally let go and surrender to the quit. After that moment, no temptation will be great enough, no lie persuasive enough to make you commit suicide by using tobacco."

Offline CaliforniaSlim

• Quitter
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2013, 03:16:00 PM »
You've got this brother.

Offline Alan

• Quitter
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2013, 02:36:00 PM »

Offline Radman

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Family and friends. Other than that, anything outdoors....motorcycling, shooting, hunting, fishing, racing.
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2013, 01:06:00 PM »
Quote from: 30isEnuff
Quote from: Wt57
Quote from: Radman
Welcome.  The posters below have made some good points. 

Man, I'm no professional, but it seems to me that you and your wife may have some other issues besides just the dip.  I mean that sincerely, and I hope it doesn't come across as me being a jerk.  I know a lot of guys who dipped for a long time while there wives absolutely despised the addiction.  I was in that group.  She hated it.  She knew what it did.  But would she leave me (or even threaten to do so) because of it?  Not sure why, but hell no.  Same goes for all of the other guys I knew.

I point out that observation for a few reasons.  Quitting prompted me to change a whole bunch of things in my life.  All for the better.  I reevaluated a bunch of relationships and personal attitudes toward things.  I hope that you can do the same thing. 

If you are quitting because your wife is forcing you to, then your relationship with her is in jeopardy.  Same goes for your children.  You are going to have some tough mental battles during the next few months, and the addiction will lash out. Decide right now that you are quitting for YOU, because your life and health depend on it.  Our families didn't make us addicts, so they shouldn't be the target of any rage that may happen.  Bring it here.  We can handle it.

Shoot me a PM if I can help you any way.  Glad you're here.
Welcome aboard Alan. My wife hated my dipping, my sneaking and my lying to her for 33 years. I made the promises and really did want to be a better husband and father but I'm an addict and pure will power wasn't enough. The brotherhood and accountability will help you as it has me. Another comment is that trust has got to be earned and it takes time. Just 2 days ago my wife questioned me if I bought anything besides gas and a drink. That's after 554 days, at first I was offended but then I realized I haven't earned that trust yet.
I have to say that with everythIng i have seen so far, it looks like im not alone with the same issues.
You really can "be quit" Alan.
It's real simple but most likely the hardest damn thing you've ever done!
We do this: ODAAT. that is: one day at a time.
Do or do not...there is no try!
Read all you can in here.
You've got to do this for YOU and only You.
IF you do it for the wife, then when things are not perfect with the wife, you'll cave, guarenteed!
Do this for YOU brother...because YOU are worth it!
You're another Addict...just like us.
I dipped 30 yrs, 1-2 cans a day. Never had a stoppage. This is my first an last QUIT. I do this the KTC way. It has saved my life and has enabled my to be a better husband and father, not to mention it has made my job easier.
At day 502 I can say that it is great to have my freedom back from the nictoine bitch!
All you have to do is quit Today. Just Today Alan.
Tomorrow is not real and we don't do the past.
Today is a Gift, that's why it's called the Present.
Post Roll Alan, Keep your word all day, wake in the a.m. and repeat.
^^^^^ The gospel, in plain English.

Alan, you're absolutely right. We have amazing similarities. There are no special butterflies. I think that's why this place works. Even thought our paths and lifestyles are completely diverse, we share common ground and past failures. It's apparent on this site, but even more so in person. I've made some friends here and met quite a few members. It's quite baffling.

Offline wmcatty

• Quit Pro
    • heartoftexasweather.org
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2013, 11:54:00 AM »
Alan, nice job of posting roll early today. We post it every day, rain or shine. That is our admission ticket to KTC and the map to the path of quit. Simple. You have been given some pretty sound advice so far from some folks that know of what they speak. Take it to heart. Read all you can and prepare yourself for the first few days of walking down the quit path...it has some bumps in the path, but it is navigable. Now look up at the top right hand side of this page and you will see Inbox(1). Open the tab and you will find a personal message from me with my telephone number. Call me before you decide to get a can "one last time"...deal?
"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
-John Wayne

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
  • Keeping my jaw and tongue, I like them.
    • I'm The Owner of this Place.
  • Quit Date: May 25, 2012
  • Interests: "Being Quit" Today, just Today.Moving on to more of life before the light is gone.
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2013, 11:18:00 AM »

Man, I'm no professional, but it seems to me that you and your wife may have some other issues besides just the dip.  I mean that sincerely, and I hope it doesn't come across as me being a jerk.  I know a lot of guys who dipped for a long time while there wives absolutely despised the addiction.  I was in that group.  She hated it.  She knew what it did.  But would she leave me (or even threaten to do so) because of it?  Not sure why, but hell no.  Same goes for all of the other guys I knew.

I point out that observation for a few reasons.  Quitting prompted me to change a whole bunch of things in my life.  All for the better.  I reevaluated a bunch of relationships and personal attitudes toward things.  I hope that you can do the same thing. 

If you are quitting because your wife is forcing you to, then your relationship with her is in jeopardy.  Same goes for your children.  You are going to have some tough mental battles during the next few months, and the addiction will lash out. Decide right now that you are quitting for YOU, because your life and health depend on it.  Our families didn't make us addicts, so they shouldn't be the target of any rage that may happen.  Bring it here.  We can handle it.

Welcome aboard Alan. My wife hated my dipping, my sneaking and my lying to her for 33 years. I made the promises and really did want to be a better husband and father but I'm an addict and pure will power wasn't enough. The brotherhood and accountability will help you as it has me. Another comment is that trust has got to be earned and it takes time. Just 2 days ago my wife questioned me if I bought anything besides gas and a drink. That's after 554 days, at first I was offended but then I realized I haven't earned that trust yet.
I have to say that with everythIng i have seen so far, it looks like im not alone with the same issues.
You really can "be quit" Alan.
It's real simple but most likely the hardest damn thing you've ever done!
We do this: ODAAT. that is: one day at a time.
Do or do not...there is no try!
Read all you can in here.
You've got to do this for YOU and only You.
IF you do it for the wife, then when things are not perfect with the wife, you'll cave, guarenteed!
Do this for YOU brother...because YOU are worth it!
You're another Addict...just like us.
I dipped 30 yrs, 1-2 cans a day. Never had a stoppage. This is my first an last QUIT. I do this the KTC way. It has saved my life and has enabled my to be a better husband and father, not to mention it has made my job easier.
At day 502 I can say that it is great to have my freedom back from the nictoine bitch!
All you have to do is quit Today. Just Today Alan.
Tomorrow is not real and we don't do the past.
Today is a Gift, that's why it's called the Present.
Post Roll Alan, Keep your word all day, wake in the a.m. and repeat.
Keeping my jaw and tongue...I like them.
It's poison I tell ya, You wouldn't drink Liquid Drano, would ya?

Offline Alan

• Quitter
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2013, 11:08:00 AM »

Offline Alan

• Quitter
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2013, 10:50:00 AM »
Welcome. The posters below have made some good points.

Man, I'm no professional, but it seems to me that you and your wife may have some other issues besides just the dip. I mean that sincerely, and I hope it doesn't come across as me being a jerk. I know a lot of guys who dipped for a long time while there wives absolutely despised the addiction. I was in that group. She hated it. She knew what it did. But would she leave me (or even threaten to do so) because of it? Not sure why, but hell no. Same goes for all of the other guys I knew.

I point out that observation for a few reasons. Quitting prompted me to change a whole bunch of things in my life. All for the better. I reevaluated a bunch of relationships and personal attitudes toward things. I hope that you can do the same thing.

If you are quitting because your wife is forcing you to, then your relationship with her is in jeopardy. Same goes for your children. You are going to have some tough mental battles during the next few months, and the addiction will lash out. Decide right now that you are quitting for YOU, because your life and health depend on it. Our families didn't make us addicts, so they shouldn't be the target of any rage that may happen. Bring it here. We can handle it.

Shoot me a PM if I can help you any way. Glad you're here.
Thing have been messes up in the past. There have always been our issues but dip was the biggest thing. Id lie about because i wouldnt want to deal with the fight and aftermath that would come. There is no dought that my wife and myself have some issues but im will to do some work and go thepught hell. Its not for my wife right noq i could really care less what she asks. Its my son and daughter that will keep me going. I want to be able to play ball with my son, watch my daughter dance and to be able to see both of them grow into adults and have families of there own. Thats why I AM QUIT

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2013, 10:31:00 AM »

Welcome Alan. Nice job posting roll today. If you want to quit then this place will help you do it. But YOU will have to do it. Not for your wife, not for your kids, not for..... fill in the blank. This quittin is not easy and you will have to batten down the hatches  hold this quit on your own. No one can do it for you. That I can assure you.

I used to have fights with my wife  I was a ninja dipper... lied, hid it, fight, repeat, etc. Over time the fights got to be less and less as she found out that I was not quitting because of the fights. She could not make me quit. She basically stopped hassling me about it. It was not until "I" had enough and could not go another day addicted to the poison can that I was able to get my quit on.

Funny thing is that when I was using the poison I used to think that I was "getting away with it". I would hide the stuff and dip in private. Thinking that my wife never knew. Now as I sit here 108 days quit under my belt.. I realize that she just ignored it all to keep the peace  knew I was dipping all along.

Bottom line is... this is YOUR life and if YOU want it back... then YOU have to take it back! This is yours for the taking brother! Trust me when I tell you that you can do this. Focus ODAAT  you got this! Quit with you today.
Quit date: 6/23/2013
HOF Date: 9/30/2013

HOF Speech