Author Topic: New Life; DAY 1  (Read 2466 times)

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
Re: New Life; DAY 1
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2015, 09:45:00 PM »
Quote from: brettlees
Quote from: Scowick65
Quote from: redtrain14
You need to change the way you think, Alan. I am a firm believer in the power of positive thinking. I always hate it when I ask someone, "Hey...How's it going?" and they say "Ohhhh....it's going". I will be the first to tell you, "its going great....best day yet!"

You DO have the balls to quit. You just need to reach down and find them.

You screwed up....big time. Now....let's forget for moment what got you here and concentrate on what can be done from this point forward.

What's it going to be Alan?

Freedom or slavery?

Calmness or turmoil?

Life or death?

What say you?
I love what redtrain wrote, the power of positive thinking. I am going to add to that. The men and women that are the most successful on this site are positive, honest and .... help others. When you get involved in the site and get involved in others your quit becomes successful. This means that you don't leave when "you got this". You stay and give it all away. Over and over and over.

You can do this. Bring the quit everyday. The nic bitch should fear you being on this site.
Problem: you're not answering the normal 3 questions, in either your new April class or your old Jan 14 class, and you're not even posting roll anywhere . That won't do. Nobody can help you if you don't follow the program dude. Get with it and you'll get help. But you gotta want it or real man. Nobody's gonna save you but you. Several times you've called out for help then run away instead of digging in. Don't be a fake.
You'd be a fool to ignore the support and advice the above champions of quit have gone out of their way to offer you. This isnt a fucking joke. Its your life man. Get serious.

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2015, 01:14:00 PM »
Quote from: Scowick65
You need to change the way you think, Alan. I am a firm believer in the power of positive thinking. I always hate it when I ask someone, "Hey...How's it going?" and they say "Ohhhh....it's going". I will be the first to tell you, "its going great....best day yet!"

You screwed up....big time. Now....let's forget for moment what got you here and concentrate on what can be done from this point forward.

Freedom or slavery?

Calmness or turmoil?

Life or death?

What say you?
I love what redtrain wrote, the power of positive thinking. I am going to add to that. The men and women that are the most successful on this site are positive, honest and .... help others. When you get involved in the site and get involved in others your quit becomes successful. This means that you don't leave when "you got this". You stay and give it all away. Over and over and over.

You can do this. Bring the quit everyday. The nic bitch should fear you being on this site.
Problem: you're not answering the normal 3 questions, in either your new April class or your old Jan 14 class, and you're not even posting roll anywhere . That won't do. Nobody can help you if you don't follow the program dude. Get with it and you'll get help. But you gotta want it or real man. Nobody's gonna save you but you. Several times you've called out for help then run away instead of digging in. Don't be a fake.
This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2015, 10:15:00 AM »

Freedom or slavery?

Calmness or turmoil?

Life or death?

What say you?

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2015, 12:13:00 AM »
Quote from: Kodiwhack
WELP Day 1. Decided on my way home not to pick up a tin. Makes me depressed to put a dip in my mouth more than enjoyable.
I quit with you my brother!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline Kodiwhack

• Quit Date: 2015-01-11
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2015, 12:10:00 AM »
WELP Day 1. Decided on my way home not to pick up a tin. Makes me depressed to put a dip in my mouth more than enjoyable.

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2015, 11:54:00 PM »
Day 14 quit here after 38 years with the nic bitch! Love your wife stay married to her! Divorce the nic bitch she's the one that owns your ass! Man up you got this shit and I quit with you my brother!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline construction24$7

• Quitter
  • Interests: Russian Women, Land Development, Fishing, Hunting and Quitting LFEDD.
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2015, 04:06:00 PM »
Quote from: brettlees
Quote from: Alan
I didn't have the balls to stay quit. There is nothing more that want then to quit this hit for life. I've been staying away from booze my old stores and getting gas at the lumps instead of going inside to pay.
There are three questions to answer. They are for your good, and to help build the trust back that you lost. I remember you going though some really tough stuff. Then you quit posting. I'm glad you found your way back. Get this dealt with, for good, and other stuff will be good too. I'll be glad to see you do this. Start with the questions. If you can't find them, someone will post them if you ask.
511 Days Quit. Alan, Quit for YOURSELF. Embrace the suck, enjoy the first days of suck. Post roll call everyday. Promise to YOURSELF and all of us that you won't use today. Reach down deep and find your balls and BE A BADD A$$ LIKE THE REST OF US. Good luck to you my brother. 'lick me'
Quit Date 08/19/2013
HOF 11/26/2013

2nd Floor 03/07/2014

Offline tarpon17

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2015, 03:00:00 PM »
sounds like a great time for something positive in your life. DO THIS FOR YOU!

Offline redtrain14

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Family, hunting, fishing, running, mountain biking, swimming, building shit, and anything else that sounds like fun.
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2015, 12:12:00 PM »

Freedom or slavery?

Calmness or turmoil?

Life or death?

What say you?

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2015, 06:32:00 PM »
Quote from: Alan
I didn't have the balls to stay quit. There is nothing more that want then to quit this hit for life. I've been staying away from booze my old stores and getting gas at the lumps instead of going inside to pay.
There are three questions to answer. They are for your good, and to help build the trust back that you lost. I remember you going though some really tough stuff. Then you quit posting. I'm glad you found your way back. Get this dealt with, for good, and other stuff will be good too. I'll be glad to see you do this. Start with the questions. If you can't find them, someone will post them if you ask.
This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!

Offline Alan

• Quitter
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2015, 05:27:00 PM »

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2015, 12:46:00 PM »
I just combined your two intros. One intro per quitter. You have to own this.

Offline FMBM707

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-05-06
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2015, 12:01:00 PM »
You have to own it. This only works for those who help themselves. We can support but you and only you can make your quit happen and for it to stick you have to earn it.

How bad do you want your freedom back?
What are you willing to do (differently) to earn it?

Quitting this shit isn't easy, it takes balls, determination, perseverance, accountability and the right fucking attitude.

It sounds like you want this but talking about it and acting on it are two entirely differently things. It's only through your actions (posting roll early everyday, reading everything you can on this web-site, updating your intro, getting on live chat etc.) that you will truly become successful.

PM me and I'll support you but you must make this a priority

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2015, 11:42:00 AM »
You only get one intro. Post this is your old one. I read your original intro thread and you had a lot of badass supporters. You pretty much disappeared after making the HOF. What are you going to do different this time? 86 posts in 300 days of quit is your first clue.

PS. It sounds like you have/had a lot of personal shit going on but It sounds liked you learned that Nic doesn't make any of that better. Right?

Offline Alan

• Quitter
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2015, 11:26:00 AM »
KTC got me through things the first time with truly quilting. A year a ago I started to be on the forum. Learning how not not be a fucking slave to this witch. 300 days. I hit that mark. I was going to be quit for life. Being the young dumb ass that I am and not being man enough to keep away from this shit. I was a paramedic and while driving home one morning, I stopped off to get gas. And there it was. My enemy was calling my name. The one thing that destroyed my life, tearing my wife away from me, showing my kids what a monster looks like. I caved. I feel back to old ways. Chew, heavy drinking, lying, and the worst not being a fucking man. Now because of my weakness, I'm not with the woman I love, she with someone else, I barely get to see my kids and I'm a 29 year old living with his parents. All of my issues started when I took the first dip back in 06. But now I have not had a dip in 2 days. I forgot what freedom and trust felt like. I'm screaming out to the suck, asking for it and wanting to feel the freedom again. Help me keep this promise that I have made to myself.