Author Topic: New Here from India  (Read 2948 times)

Offline Mogul

• Quitter
  • Interests: Pilot
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: New Here from India
« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2013, 10:39:00 PM »
Praddy, I was flying with a very nice man today who grew up in Dallas. He married a woman from India. He was telling me about Pan? I believe it is the tobacco most people use there. Something about a red dye or color. Can you expand on it any so that we may understand your lifestyle a little more?

Mogul.

Offline Praddy

• Quitter
« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2013, 10:00:00 PM »
Thanks guys. Its been quite a journey. The one i thought i would never be able to achieve. But thanks to this site and you guys here i am living the dream. I like this freedom life too much to let it go. The change here due to this site and my will has made other changes to my life also. I am sleeping well. Working out each day to stay healthy. No alcohol. The desire is to be a better healthy person. Once again thank you very much for the support and encouragement.

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2013, 10:06:00 PM »
Quote from: Dave1903
Quote from: ihatecope
Quote from: worktowin
Praddy, congratulations on your one month achievement. One day at a time, you are taking your life back. Take a minute to look back at how you felt and how you were shackled a month ago. Then enjoy freedom...

Proud to quit with you today.
Congratulations on the month. Keep up the quit.
congrats on the month quit ,keep on quitting brother
Way to go Praddy, keep it up!
This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!

Offline Dave1903

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2013-10-25
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2013, 09:25:00 PM »
Quote from: ihatecope
Praddy, congratulations on your one month achievement. One day at a time, you are taking your life back. Take a minute to look back at how you felt and how you were shackled a month ago. Then enjoy freedom...

congrats on the month quit ,keep on quitting brother
The nic is a bitch, but it's gone one day at a time.

Offline ihatecope

• Quitter
  • Interests: Family & Football
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2013, 07:17:00 AM »

Quit: Saturday Oct 26, 2013 @ 2:00 PM
HOF: February 2, 2014

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2013, 05:09:00 AM »

Offline Praddy

• Quitter
« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2013, 11:12:00 AM »
Thanks brettlees for your support and encouragement, Appreciated. :)

Praddy

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2013, 11:17:00 AM »
Keep it going Praddy I"m glad to see you making it. Been following and cheering for you since your day one. You've built a good support network and momemtum, keep them going!
This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!

Offline Praddy

• Quitter
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2013, 04:34:00 AM »
@Worktowin/Wayne.

Thank you very much for the support and for checking in. Quite frankly i was seriously worried before joining this site how would i ever get rid of the nicotine addiction. But now, the confidence is there and growing seeing all you guys out there who have done this and the way you keep going.
I can travel a fair distance each day now.

@Zam,

Thanks, Absolutely agree with you. I need as many people seeing my name in the roll as possible so that they can give that kick in the butt in case i miss that odd day, by reminding me of my goal.

Offline zam

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit is not a passive activity.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2013, 09:43:00 PM »
Quote from: wmcatty
Quote from: Praddy
Worktowin,

I didn't/woulldn't abandon the plan :). I had been posting the roll a little late into the Indian standard time morning which is midnight for you guys every day. I am usually the last one to post for the day because it would be the morning for me. Let me know if you guys want me to post the roll at a different time. I would be ok to do that as well. Thanks for the support. :D

Praddy.
As long as your name is on the roll at what you consider first thing in the morning, everybody will be ok. Sorry I hit the panic button, but very happy you are doing well!!! Keep quittin India style!
And as one of the guys that generally rolls the boards over from one quit day to another at midnight EST, I can vouch for Praddy that he is usually "under the wire" on his posting...which I attributed to the international time differences. Stay quit Praddy, you are doing great and I am proud to be quit with you. Wayne
nice job praddy. You have taken off the nicotine leash. Awesome. You may be the first person I've ever advised to post early in YOUR day, and not to worry about what time the "normal" KTC day is. I would say that you want to do your best to ensure as many people as possible get used to seeing your name on the roll. More specifically, you want as many people as possible to start sending "WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU PRADDY" emails if they notice that your name is missing from roll.
*Quit today. Full stop. No qualifiers. Tomorrow?... IDK, IDC.

Offline wmcatty

• Quit Pro
    • heartoftexasweather.org
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2013, 12:45:00 PM »
Worktowin,

I didn't/woulldn't abandon the plan :). I had been posting the roll a little late into the Indian standard time morning which is midnight for you guys every day. I am usually the last one to post for the day because it would be the morning for me. Let me know if you guys want me to post the roll at a different time. I would be ok to do that as well. Thanks for the support. :D

Praddy.
As long as your name is on the roll at what you consider first thing in the morning, everybody will be ok. Sorry I hit the panic button, but very happy you are doing well!!! Keep quittin India style!
And as one of the guys that generally rolls the boards over from one quit day to another at midnight EST, I can vouch for Praddy that he is usually "under the wire" on his posting...which I attributed to the international time differences. Stay quit Praddy, you are doing great and I am proud to be quit with you. Wayne
"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
-John Wayne

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2013, 08:17:00 AM »
Worktowin,

Praddy.

Offline Praddy

• Quitter
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2013, 05:19:00 AM »
Worktowin,

Praddy.

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2013, 05:41:00 AM »
Hi praddy!

I think I've missed you on roll call the past couple of days but maybe you were bumped? A smart guy like you wouldn't abandon this plan. Just wanted to check in from around the globe.

Offline Praddy

• Quitter
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2013, 01:43:00 AM »
@syndrome

That's the beauty of it. Five days of fight and still a draw, haha :P

@GeorgeHayduke

Yes buddy. Its going good. Day 6 was a bit of struggle but again i went past it ok. Was kinda busy the whole week with work that i couldn't spend much time in the forum except on posting the roll. Thanks for the support.

@ Ajay

Welcome to the group, brother. You have made a great decision to quit. Yes i will be in the chat during the weekend. We can catch up. I quit with you brother.

Praddy