Author Topic: New Here from India  (Read 2946 times)

Offline Ajay

• Likes Given: 0
Re: New Here from India
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2013, 01:30:00 AM »
Welcome to the group Praddy. Sounds like the Quit is going good for you so far. One day at a time is the right mindset, remember to post roll every day. Reach out if you need any help!

Ajay: Praddy, ..I am from Pune...do you come on chat sometimes?

Offline georgehayduke

• Quitter
  • Interests: Mountain Biking, Golf, Chicago Bears, Chicago White Sox, Hiking
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2013, 10:45:00 PM »
Welcome to the group Praddy. Sounds like the Quit is going good for you so far. One day at a time is the right mindset, remember to post roll every day. Reach out if you need any help!

Offline Ace121x

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Interests: Archery, Farming, Computers, Games, Women
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2013, 02:11:00 PM »
Quote from: Syndrome
Quote from: Praddy
@Syndrome

hahaha..  Test cricket is the purest form of cricket :D.. So i am a purist :). Showing your skills for 5 days isn't easy. As the name suggest Tests "test" your skills. :P

Praddy
man i look at the 3rd and 5th test of the ashes this year and say 'what kind of screwball decides that this should be a draw?' the only skill on display by england in the 5th test was 'how long can we delay this so we get a draw.'
Lol... Cricket..
New Quitter? Click Here
'crackup' You Actually Think I May Cave Today? 'crackup'
Quit Date: Sunday November 10, 2013
'tanks'February 2014 Freedom Fighters'tanks'

Offline syndrome

• geezer squad
  • Master of Quit
  • you kids get off my yard
  • Quit Date: 11/13/08
  • Likes Given: 718
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2013, 09:46:00 AM »
@Syndrome

hahaha.. Test cricket is the purest form of cricket :D.. So i am a purist :). Showing your skills for 5 days isn't easy. As the name suggest Tests "test" your skills. :P

Praddy
man i look at the 3rd and 5th test of the ashes this year and say 'what kind of screwball decides that this should be a draw?' the only skill on display by england in the 5th test was 'how long can we delay this so we get a draw.'

Offline Praddy

• Quitter
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2013, 09:28:00 AM »
@Worktowin

Going fantastic i must say :). I have struggled a day with cravings, Day 3. Last two days have been great. I have been able to sleep properly. And no headache at all. I would think my challenge would come in to keep going on and on. One bad day can hit me hardly. So i am cautious each and every minute not to give in. I try not to think about nicotine. It has been working for me.
Thanks for the great support. It wouldn't have been possible without it. You guys inspire me to come here every day and post my roll.

@razd611

Yes true, One day at a time works more efficiently than saying forever. It definitely has a psychological impact on us. Thanks for the tremendous support. I have been going good.

@Syndrome

hahaha.. Test cricket is the purest form of cricket :D.. So i am a purist :). Showing your skills for 5 days isn't easy. As the name suggest Tests "test" your skills. :P

Praddy

Offline syndrome

• geezer squad
  • Master of Quit
  • you kids get off my yard
  • Quit Date: 11/13/08
  • Likes Given: 718
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2013, 03:43:00 PM »
And just like most of the other Indians i love cricket as a sport...
ok man i just have to say t20 is way better than test cricket. i mean how fucking annoying that you play 4 days and because some clown decides to waste a bunch of time he salvages a draw even though his team is like 200 runs down. or worse yet i have to declare at like 410-5 just so your sorry ass team can bat enough so i can get a win. that's just nuts.

Offline RAZD611

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Untied and Unfiltered
  • Interests: Family, Fishing, Hunting, Sports.
  • Likes Given: 1264
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2013, 02:17:00 PM »
Quote from: srans
Thanks ParadigmDawg for the timeline you put up. It gives me an expectation of what i might go through the rest of the days in my life. I see that days 1 to 3 were the difficult days in your time. I am in that exact stage fighting each and every second. I am glad that you were able to achieve your first goal of 100 days and feeling excited. Wish you all the very best with the rest of the days in your life.

Thanks for the advice, Worktowin. Your words made a definite impact inside me. Those were strong yet caring and challenging. I have not been successful fighting this battle alone. I will need this community and will actively roll each and every day.

Praddy
Praddy,, you have a great quit going. Stay on the site. Read, read and read. The more you get to know this enemy the better. The poison knows you,, believe me! I always recommend reading and learning everything you can about addiction and nicotine.

The time line that Pdawg put up is great, but all you need to be concerned with is right now. I know your in the first stages of quit. Take it one minute at a time my friend,, one second if you have to. Don't worry about posting roll every day praddy. Worry about the roll post you made today. Quitting for the rest of your life is a long time my friend,, that's why we do it one day at a time. Glad to be quit with you.
I agree with you srans. Sometimes we just think too far ahead that we forget the present. This is a wonderful concept being followed in this site. This is the core principle behind achieving every goal. Nothing is achieved within a single day. There is no magic formula. I will fight minute by minute and day by day. Thanks for your support.
Today Sir. That is all we ask. Make it through today and we will worry about tomorrow when it gets here.

You can do this!!!
Never Again For Any Reason

Hurt Feelings Report
https://ibb.co/NCwvw7t

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2013, 01:31:00 PM »
Praddy - hows it going these days? Lets have an update now that the nicotine has left!!!!

Offline Praddy

• Quitter
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2013, 11:30:00 AM »
Quote from: srans
Thanks ParadigmDawg for the timeline you put up. It gives me an expectation of what i might go through the rest of the days in my life. I see that days 1 to 3 were the difficult days in your time. I am in that exact stage fighting each and every second. I am glad that you were able to achieve your first goal of 100 days and feeling excited. Wish you all the very best with the rest of the days in your life.

Thanks for the advice, Worktowin. Your words made a definite impact inside me. Those were strong yet caring and challenging. I have not been successful fighting this battle alone. I will need this community and will actively roll each and every day.

Praddy
Praddy,, you have a great quit going. Stay on the site. Read, read and read. The more you get to know this enemy the better. The poison knows you,, believe me! I always recommend reading and learning everything you can about addiction and nicotine.

The time line that Pdawg put up is great, but all you need to be concerned with is right now. I know your in the first stages of quit. Take it one minute at a time my friend,, one second if you have to. Don't worry about posting roll every day praddy. Worry about the roll post you made today. Quitting for the rest of your life is a long time my friend,, that's why we do it one day at a time. Glad to be quit with you.
I agree with you srans. Sometimes we just think too far ahead that we forget the present. This is a wonderful concept being followed in this site. This is the core principle behind achieving every goal. Nothing is achieved within a single day. There is no magic formula. I will fight minute by minute and day by day. Thanks for your support.

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2013, 10:51:00 AM »

Praddy

Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline Praddy

• Quitter
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2013, 09:48:00 AM »

Praddy

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2013, 09:23:00 AM »
Thanks Pinched. It was pleasure knowing that he was able to quit and last for 100 days. I know how difficult that is as i have tried it a few times myself without success. It is inspirational to hear this story and many more on this site about how people cope up to the cravings they have after using this poison for years. My second day is almost over and i didn't slip yet. I am not gonna give it up. When i look at my introduction i feel i wasn't open enough about myself. I am a computer engineer by profession. And just like most of the other Indians i love cricket as a sport plus Football and Lawn Tennis. I am a movie buff and loves all the good movies irrespective of the language they are in. I like to drive and read occasionally. And i am single.
This addiction knows no boundaries. Congratulations on making a great decision. Only worry about quitting today. Once you've posted roll, if you are a man of your word, today won't be a problem. It is clear from your posts that you are a man of integrity and character, so posting roll first thing when you wake up, and I mean FIRST THING (before you head to the bathroom, make coffee, brush teeth etc) is that pledge to yourself and all of us that today will be nicotine free. One day at a time.

Some people can win this battle alone I guess. I haven't met any of them though... Without the connections, relationships, and accountability of this website I would have chewed through 322 cans of kodiak in 2013. Instead, I spend a few seconds each day making a promise. You can win this fight - if a dude like me can do it, you can too.

I know you've probably heard this or read it, and probably thought it was all bullshit... But quitting will change your life. These intros are fascinating. Go to almost any of them for people that are 50 or more days in to their quit... Read their first 2 or 3 posts. Then read their latest ones. Good stuff on this site.

I think I'm just about all the way around the world from you, but I'm quit with you today. One day at a time.

--worktowin

Offline ParadigmDawg

• Quitter
  • Interests: Mountain BikingRoad BikingHome Audio
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2013, 08:19:00 AM »
Here is a brief timeline on how my quit is going, I'm not sure if it's helpful or not but I made it for another new quitter and he seemed to like it.

The good news is that you understand how to use your tools and you have some good fight in you. The better news is that it gets so much easier very quickly. Now, I realize that "quickly" is a very relative term- as when you are suffering minute to minute, 5 or 6 weeks seem like 100 years. In reality, 5 or 6 weeks is not a very long time.

Keep in mind, I am no expert and I am just going off of what I have experienced the past 73 days. My "suck scale" looked something like this:

Day 1-3: bad fog, my brain didn't work at all. Very little sleep and couldn't take a dump to save my life. I wanted a dip every second of each day.

Day 4-10: Pretty much out of the fog but bad, bad cravings and headache every second of the day

Day 11-14: My cruise control days, I didn't think about dipping much and craves were few and far between. Sleeping good but too much.

Day 15-21 Starting to get my energy level back up. Craves about 2-4 per day and short. The first thing every morning, I started to get an empty and sick feeling in my stomach when I thought about not being able to dip. Started losing my temper easily.

Day 22-25 No real changes, cruising along but feeling a little depressed. I started learning how to hate my addiction and was really mad about it.

Day 26- 30: Wow, I was starting to gain a lot of weight. Weird how I replaced Cope with Ice Cream and cake. I don't even eat sweets but here I am 10 lbs heavier. I don't care, I'm not dipping and the craves are mild.

Day 31-38: Freaking fog was back, some nasty craves and my temper way out of control. WTF!

Day 39-60: The roller coaster days. Mod craves followed by no craves, bad temper and mild depression. A difficult time but I was not giving up at this point.

Day 61-73: The best days by far. Seldom think about dip, temper is way better, sleeping like a normal person and just feeling pretty darn good. I am stacking up these good days to recharge my batteries and prepare for the next round of fights".

Day 74- 85: Really good days. Strong cravings when I have too many drinks so I have been careful with drinking. Normal days are now 0-1 crave. My temper has been completely under control for 2 weeks now.

Day 86-99: Zero craves, zero dip dreams and temper under control. The strong craves when I drink are also gone. I am disgusted when I see someone dip. Proudly watching my group hit HOF one at a time; which is just how we quit, one day at a time. My guard is still held high as I know the fight is far from over.

Day 100-112: I am on a high as I have reached my first goal. My guard is held the highest it has ever been in because I will not disappoint all those who have helped me.
Oh little worm-dirt...you are so scary...F' OFF...!!!

Offline Praddy

• Quitter
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2013, 07:58:00 AM »
Thanks Pinched. It was pleasure knowing that he was able to quit and last for 100 days. I know how difficult that is as i have tried it a few times myself without success. It is inspirational to hear this story and many more on this site about how people cope up to the cravings they have after using this poison for years. My second day is almost over and i didn't slip yet. I am not gonna give it up. When i look at my introduction i feel i wasn't open enough about myself. I am a computer engineer by profession. And just like most of the other Indians i love cricket as a sport plus Football and Lawn Tennis. I am a movie buff and loves all the good movies irrespective of the language they are in. I like to drive and read occasionally. And i am single.

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2013, 02:41:00 AM »
Vince – This married quitter lives in Bilaspur, India (yeah I had to google that) with his wife and 4 year old son.  He started dipping at the age of 23, in India the major brands are not available so he chewed tobacco leaves (what a bad ass).  This quitter’s favorite inappropriate behavior is hitting and cussing the Nic Bitch (the only appropriate bitch to hit).  He is going to celebrate his quit day 100 by praying for strength for more plus ones.  Vince will certainly be signing up for 200. 

He offers these words of wisdom “Quitting is the right thing to do, no exceptions.”  His favorite TV show is BIGG BOSS (India).  He likes Cricket and his favorite team is Indian Cricket Team.  Vince is a lawyer and he drives a scooter.  He enjoys reading and he is afraid of getting his ass kicked by Dabean and PaddyMac as he indicated that they are like Principals for this November Quit School.  It is no surprise that he is inspired by those two quitters.  He is inspired by every quitter but the spirit of BJarrett (Brian) has given him goosebumps.
Praddy,
I wanted to welcome you to KTC by pointing out to you that although users from India may be rear, your timing is impeccable. Today is the 100th day of HOF (Hall of Fame) Day for another quitter from India. I posted Vince's HOF Speech above so you could see it as a reference.

I hope this can serve as motivation for you today,
Pinched
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13