Author Topic: This one time at band camp  (Read 6741 times)

Offline Kubiak

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: This one time at band camp
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2012, 08:20:00 AM »
Quote from: Kubiak
Definitely better. I'm growing into a relationship with this quit, we're getting to know each other very well. We both hate the nicotine bitch, and my quit is hate fucking that bitch every chance it gets. Now I know what "posting roll and one day at a time" means.
Day 29 without Nicotine, Day 41 w/out chew. Sometimes I feel like something's missing, usually right before I leave the house... "keys, wallet, chew, phone" was my checklist since college. Really, college? I've given up most of the other bad habits I had in college, like drinking until I puked on my shoes, fucking fat girls for fun, sleeping in until noon, but in hindsight I never thought chew would be around this long. I never wanted it to. In fact, I only started chew because I wanted to quit smoking. I started playing Rugby, and smoking became a problem. I told my mates "If you see me smoking, punch me in the face" and they did wholeheartedly, a couple times. Then someone said "here, have a dip". I threw up immediately, filling an empty pitcher with vomit that should have served warning of the evils of chew. At the time, though, we used to fill pitchers with vomit or urine because it was funny, and leave them on other people's tables.

I'm telling these other stories as a way to avoid why I'm replying to my introduction... over the weekend, my family went to see Thomas the train and I saw a guy there, probably around my age, with a giant tumor on his neck right around where I used to throw in a dip. He was there with his son I guess, and I could tell they were having a wonderful time in each other's company. Not only did that little boy not care about his dad's giant tumor (we're talking softball size), but the Dad didn't seem to care when he kissed his son and hugged him. It was all I could do to not stare, and I really thought about how lucky to not have one of those giant tumors myself, especially with 16 years of poison in my face. I'm also lucky to have one of those really cool sons to spend time with, and I'm pissed that even though I don't have one of those giant tumors now, I very well could end up with one and potentially deny my son years of knowing his father.

Appreciate every day, as they are numbered for everyone, the only doubt is in how big our number is.

Offline Kubiak

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2012, 09:07:00 AM »
Definitely better. I'm growing into a relationship with this quit, we're getting to know each other very well. We both hate the nicotine bitch, and my quit is hate fucking that bitch every chance it gets. Now I know what "posting roll and one day at a time" means.

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2012, 11:13:00 PM »
Quote from: Souliman
Quote from: Scowick65
Cool, thanks, that helps.  I'll ride this out for a week, see if it gets better.  Today feels good!
Hang in there.

The first 3 days really really suck.
The first 3 weeks really suck.
The first 3 months suck.

You are half way done with really sucks. You never have to go through this again.

Drink up the misery!
You stuffed frickin poison into your body consciously. You think your body dug that? Fuck no.

Fight through this shit. There is no "see if it gets better"...it is fucking better. You are free. That's the fucking secret sauce around this joint. Step out that door and tell the world "I QUIT". Sing that shit out loud. Make a fist like you would bash the shit out of anyone who tries to take it from you. The nic bitch is a lying heathen. You got to be ready to stomp the shit out of her when she gets in your path. Take the fight to her. Be proactive. Fuck. You don't need that shit. You don't do that shit anymore. You are free. Fucking A-yes.
The guy above speaks the truth. You are at ten days. Open the door and scream I am free! You win. Do you appreciate freedom yet? You shall soon if not. I smile every time I see your name in November 2012

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Swim Bike Run - Shooting - Chasing my boys around.
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2012, 08:43:00 PM »
Quote from: Scowick65
Cool, thanks, that helps.  I'll ride this out for a week, see if it gets better.  Today feels good!
Hang in there.

The first 3 months suck.

You are half way done with really sucks. You never have to go through this again.

Drink up the misery!
You stuffed frickin poison into your body consciously. You think your body dug that? Fuck no.

Fight through this shit. There is no "see if it gets better"...it is fucking better. You are free. That's the fucking secret sauce around this joint. Step out that door and tell the world "I QUIT". Sing that shit out loud. Make a fist like you would bash the shit out of anyone who tries to take it from you. The nic bitch is a lying heathen. You got to be ready to stomp the shit out of her when she gets in your path. Take the fight to her. Be proactive. Fuck. You don't need that shit. You don't do that shit anymore. You are free. Fucking A-yes.

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2012, 08:35:00 PM »
Cool, thanks, that helps. I'll ride this out for a week, see if it gets better. Today feels good!
Hang in there.

The first 3 months suck.

Drink up the misery!

Offline Kubiak

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2012, 07:43:00 AM »
Cool, thanks, that helps. I'll ride this out for a week, see if it gets better. Today feels good!

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2012, 11:15:00 AM »
At what point do I say that my emotional rollercoaster is too much for my family and I need meds? I'm on day 9, I thought if this keeps up another week I'll go get some "mood enhancers". Anyone have any advice?
If your just on an emotional roller coaster, I say ride it out, especially after only 9 days. If you're full of anxiety, feel depressed, or are physically hurting with panic attacks I say go to the doc or talk to a councellor.

I say this from personal experience as my body physically went haywire when I quit. I tried to ride it out and be a macho man but eventually went to a shrink and a counselour. That was a month and a half ago. Today with the help of some meds my anxiety is all but gone and my dossage has already been reduced and my therapist says we're at a point where we don't have much to talk about anymore.

Don't get me wrong meds will not beat this for you. You will still need to do all the heavy lifting, which both of my docs said I have been doing. The meds as they explained are just an assist. Some people need them and others don't. They were a life saver for me. PM me if u have any other questions.
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline Grizzly25

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Every and all sports, fishing and hunting.
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2012, 08:31:00 AM »
At what point do I say that my emotional rollercoaster is too much for my family and I need meds? I'm on day 9, I thought if this keeps up another week I'll go get some "mood enhancers". Anyone have any advice?
I would tell you not to get the mood enhancers but I am also not you or a doctor....so.....I will say make sure you find yourself some good alone time and a great way to blow off some steam.....alot of steam!

I would say your still in the middle of some shitty funk and somewhat foggy since this is still so new, the good news is that it will get better.

I find that when I first started my quit I would take some good long walks which was back in february so it was hard to do much else, anyway, I learned that the more I kicked my own ass and really exerted myself the more mellow I was.

I dont know if this will help you completely but trust me the thought of the emotional roller coaster becomming to tough is an early indicator of caving and your not a caver!

Try some good excersie or whatever really relaxes you and stick with it!
"Remember you are either getting better or getting worse, nobody stays the same!" Woody Hayes

"Winning! That's all we do around here brotha! Failure is not an option, remove it as an option and the possibilities are endless...." Bruce317 5-18-2012

"...We'll be heroes or ghosts...But we won't be turned around." Wastepanel 6-15-2012

"A QUITTER NEVER HAS TO GO THROUGH THE SUCK AGAIN!" tgafish 6-1-2012

QUIT LIKE FUCK MY BITCHES!!!

PATIENCE LIKE FUCK MY BITCHES!!!

Quit Date: 2-6-2012
HOF Date: 5-16-2012
HOF Speech

Offline Kubiak

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2012, 08:24:00 AM »

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2012, 11:41:00 AM »
Keep bringing the quit bro!

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2012, 04:23:00 PM »
Quote from: Grizzly25
FREEDOM!!!!!  -primal scream as I rip the patch off my shoulder

OK now I will try to post for real
Good stuff brother! Make sure you read the how to post and take your time quiting is tough but with this website and the support it brings you can do it!

PM me if you need some numbers

Quit on quiter!
Yes, great stuff. Taking charge of your life! PM if you ever need some assistance. I am happy to help.

Offline Grizzly25

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Every and all sports, fishing and hunting.
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2012, 03:59:00 PM »
FREEDOM!!!!! -primal scream as I rip the patch off my shoulder

Good stuff brother! Make sure you read the how to post and take your time quiting is tough but with this website and the support it brings you can do it!

PM me if you need some numbers

Quit on quiter!
"Remember you are either getting better or getting worse, nobody stays the same!" Woody Hayes

"Winning! That's all we do around here brotha! Failure is not an option, remove it as an option and the possibilities are endless...." Bruce317 5-18-2012

"...We'll be heroes or ghosts...But we won't be turned around." Wastepanel 6-15-2012

"A QUITTER NEVER HAS TO GO THROUGH THE SUCK AGAIN!" tgafish 6-1-2012

QUIT LIKE FUCK MY BITCHES!!!

PATIENCE LIKE FUCK MY BITCHES!!!

Quit Date: 2-6-2012
HOF Date: 5-16-2012
HOF Speech

Offline Kubiak

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2012, 03:48:00 PM »
FREEDOM!!!!! -primal scream as I rip the patch off my shoulder

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2012, 03:46:00 PM »
You guys are awesome. Thanks for convincing my quit method. I was actually dreading putting a patch on every day for the next 12 weeks. I could really use the support, too, so yes I will post tomorrow as my quit day (damn it I thought I was 12 days in already!)
Throw your nicotine away and post today!

Offline Kubiak

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2012, 03:44:00 PM »
You guys are awesome. Thanks for convincing my quit method. I was actually dreading putting a patch on every day for the next 12 weeks. I could really use the support, too, so yes I will post tomorrow as my quit day (damn it I thought I was 12 days in already!)