Author Topic: This one time at band camp  (Read 6739 times)

Offline Kubiak

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: This one time at band camp
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2012, 10:20:00 AM »
My HOF speech:

So I wrote a 2 page love letter to tobacco as my HOF speech, read it the next day, and almost threw up. It connected the dots of my life with a parasite. IÂ’m glad I wrote it, because it helped me see what tobacco took from me. I fucking hate tobacco.

My love letter talked about when I started smoking in college, when I dipped so that I could breathe while playing rugby, and how I moved from east coast to west coast and dip followed me the whole time. It talked about ninja dips and long car rides. It talked about my prior quits and my prior caves. It talked about bragging to my church on video about my quit, only to cave within a year. And it made me realize how tobacco ruled my life for nearly 20 years. I saw that my prior quits were for other people, and my caves where when these people let me down.

Tobacco is still in my life, because I have to quit every fucking day, but at least IÂ’m in charge. I quit for me because I deserve to live without a parasite that took my joy, ruled my thoughts, took me away from my family and joined me while with my friends. A parasite that now prevents me from being with these friends because it still owns them and wants to own me again. One day I hope to be strong enough to be an inspiration to them, but not yet. This parasite is so strong that every day, I have to make a promise to quit it.

IÂ’ve gone a year and a half quit before, so the 100 day hall of fame is nothing to celebrate other than a milestone. I was flying solo before though, so I am counting on all the cuntfaces of November 2012 and the vets on KTC to hold my pathetic ass accountable as quit. Hopefully when I reach 365 days my wife will let me do anal.

Offline Kubiak

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2012, 10:45:00 PM »
I still don't understand where I can be gay around here. I got some people to "talk curious" with me over in random thoughts, but then a bunch of pillow biters turned it into gay marriage political bullshit.

Offline Kubiak

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2012, 10:42:00 PM »
Thanks scowick you've always been great support.

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2012, 03:06:00 PM »
To Kubiak, November 2012

Kubiak, welcome to day 100. What have you built? A fine frame of a Quit House, and yes, you did build it.

1. Your day 1 was the day you chose to unroll a set of architectural drawings for your House of Quit. The set of instructions were time proven. House after House. Built to stand. Built to shelter.

2. Soon after, you began gathering your tools: Posting roll. Telephone numbers in your cell phone. Words of Wisdom. Hall of Fame Speeches, etc. Threads and posts from others who have built Houses of Quit; many further along than yours.

3. You surrounded yourself with some of the finest subcontractors around. Not Dr. Doucebag, M.D. peddling some nicotine pill, but hard-core quitters that had already built some Quit Houses. Some damn nice Quit Houses. Some Houses were Historic ~ Day 6,000 one house says. Day 1,500 says another. Some Houses were starters in your same neighborhood. All built to stand. All built with a common set of drawings. All built with the same tools and on the same foundation.

Your job now is to take that frame that you buit and make it weather tight. A shelter for you. A shelter for someone else that shows up, knocks on the door and asks, “How can I build a House of Quit”.

I know you can. One day at a time. Great job Kubiak.

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2012, 02:31:00 AM »
Quote from: Kubiak
Me quit. Me quit good. Me like quit. Me quit with cuntfaces. Me stay quit today. Me try patch. Me no like patch. Me quit turkey. Me kill the can.

Rough draft of my hof speech.
Me likey! Great job friend! You are a bad ass quiter.

Offline Kubiak

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2012, 08:51:00 PM »
Me quit. Me quit good. Me like quit. Me quit with cuntfaces. Me stay quit today. Me try patch. Me no like patch. Me quit turkey. Me kill the can.

Rough draft of my hof speech.

Offline Arfy

• Quitter
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2012, 08:33:00 PM »
If you would stop shitting yourself Kub, that would be a start.
Caving is NOT an option!

?The only thing nicotine use does is relieve withdrawal symptoms that come from not using. That's it.? #brilliance #truth

"The day you forget Day 1...you lose."~Loot

Quit Date: 8/17/12

HOF Date 11/24/12

Deleted User (sccrockett)

« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2012, 07:18:00 PM »
'crackup'

You are seriously fucked in the head. Proud to be quit with you, cuntface.

Offline Mike17

• Quitter
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2012, 07:02:00 PM »
I was wondering if anyone knew what that you-know-what was, because I've lost my flute and can't find it.  I don't know if you know how much those you-know-whats cost to get fixed, but they're a lot more than a flute.  Thanks for your support, stay quit.

Kubiak
Okay so I wasn't completely honest, I do know what my you-know-what is, but I'm really looking to get back in shape. I keep waking up an hour past bedtime and eating food, and i used to dip during this time, but now my you-know-what is squeaky clean and ready for fucking. I've been told that exercise would help, but i was wondering if there was a quit group for sticking you-know-whats up my you-know-what. Thanks for your help quitters!
Love, Kubiak CuntFace
You gotta change up your lifestyle man.. go to sleep and wake up at appropriate times, no more or less than 8 hours of sleep a night. Live an active lifestyle, As for the you know what, just do it man!

Dont know if that helps or if you're just fuckin around cos you are a funny guy haha but anyways thats what id do. Sleep takes up half of our lives its important to do it correctly. Fuck food too man dont eat anything processed, go all natural.

and im out -mike17
"Remember that anyone can dip but only bad motherfuckers can quit." - Morgan1

"But..anyways..whatever Mike and his polar bear said, i'd do it." - P23

DAMN IT FEELS GOOD TO BE A QUITTER.

Offline Kubiak

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2012, 01:03:00 AM »
I was wondering if anyone knew what that you-know-what was, because I've lost my flute and can't find it. I don't know if you know how much those you-know-whats cost to get fixed, but they're a lot more than a flute. Thanks for your support, stay quit.

Kubiak
Okay so I wasn't completely honest, I do know what my you-know-what is, but I'm really looking to get back in shape. I keep waking up an hour past bedtime and eating food, and i used to dip during this time, but now my you-know-what is squeaky clean and ready for fucking. I've been told that exercise would help, but i was wondering if there was a quit group for sticking you-know-whats up my you-know-what. Thanks for your help quitters!
Love, Kubiak CuntFace

Offline Kubiak

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2012, 12:58:00 AM »
I was wondering if anyone knew what that you-know-what was, because I've lost my flute and can't find it. I don't know if you know how much those you-know-whats cost to get fixed, but they're a lot more than a flute. Thanks for your support, stay quit.

Kubiak

Offline Kubiak

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2012, 07:45:00 AM »
Quote from: MortarmanMike
Hey Guys. I also quit on 19 August but it was before I found this site. Just decided I was done and went cold turkey. Yeah it sucked for about 4 days. But now I feel great. I sleep a full nights sleep now - my body isn't waking me up to feed the bitch. I have more energy. My flag flies at full staff with increased spontaneous regularity. (That is a huge pyshological advantage as I didn't expect such an abrupt change) Definitely the best decision I've made in a long time.

I found this site while looking for information on second hand smoke and it seems like a worthwhile site. My question is that now that the nic is out of my system, how dangerous is it to be around smokers? I was never a smoker before but I know my body doesn't give a shit. Nicotine is nicotine. And after 25yrs of use, I'm sure my body is very efficient at taking up the poison.

I'm not planning on immersing myself in second hand smoke but how much residual nicotine is in it? I realize that a smoke filled bar is off limits as well as being in a car with a smoker. But what about low level second-hand smoke? Will my body soak it up like a sponge? Every friend I have is an active smoker. My social circle has not been overly supportive. They have offered half hearted congratulations but I think my quitting makes them feel bad. It makes me sad that they won't follow me yet.

My first 4 days of withdraw were pretty difficult. I was a heavy user (2 cans every 3 days.) I didn't experience the same emotional rollercoasters others have mentioned. Mostly just nervousness and anxiety. No violence or anger. I consider myself fortunate and don't minimize the anguish of others.

Day number 8 and I've only had 1 craving so far. It actually made me laugh. I kinda welcome the craves now. They are my bitch. They remind me that I'm winning and that my mind is in control. Not my body. I've been in most situations that triggered cravings already. Driving solo long distance. Shooting at the range, etc... Tobacco never made me feel as good as I feel right now without it. The confidence boost has been incredible. I have no desire to go back to that slavery. Would hate to accidently dose myself with second hand poison.

Yall have a good day
Hey thanks for posting your quit thoughts here. I'm not sure where you can get the most info on 2nd hand smoke but yeah I'd probably stay away. Yes quitting is the most liberating feeling in the world but stay vigilant, the nic bitch will look for any weakness or putting down of your guard. That's my favorite thing about this site... by posting roll every day, as soon as I get to work, it's my daily reminder that i'll always be an addict and that i have to quit every day.

Offline MortarmanMike

• Quitter
  • Interests: All the dangerous stuff:Guns, Scuba, Motorcycles, Pussymostly pussy.
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2012, 05:24:00 PM »
Hey Guys. I also quit on 19 August but it was before I found this site. Just decided I was done and went cold turkey. Yeah it sucked for about 4 days. But now I feel great. I sleep a full nights sleep now - my body isn't waking me up to feed the bitch. I have more energy. My flag flies at full staff with increased spontaneous regularity. (That is a huge pyshological advantage as I didn't expect such an abrupt change) Definitely the best decision I've made in a long time.

I found this site while looking for information on second hand smoke and it seems like a worthwhile site. My question is that now that the nic is out of my system, how dangerous is it to be around smokers? I was never a smoker before but I know my body doesn't give a shit. Nicotine is nicotine. And after 25yrs of use, I'm sure my body is very efficient at taking up the poison.

I'm not planning on immersing myself in second hand smoke but how much residual nicotine is in it? I realize that a smoke filled bar is off limits as well as being in a car with a smoker. But what about low level second-hand smoke? Will my body soak it up like a sponge? Every friend I have is an active smoker. My social circle has not been overly supportive. They have offered half hearted congratulations but I think my quitting makes them feel bad. It makes me sad that they won't follow me yet.

My first 4 days of withdraw were pretty difficult. I was a heavy user (2 cans every 3 days.) I didn't experience the same emotional rollercoasters others have mentioned. Mostly just nervousness and anxiety. No violence or anger. I consider myself fortunate and don't minimize the anguish of others.

Day number 8 and I've only had 1 craving so far. It actually made me laugh. I kinda welcome the craves now. They are my bitch. They remind me that I'm winning and that my mind is in control. Not my body. I've been in most situations that triggered cravings already. Driving solo long distance. Shooting at the range, etc... Tobacco never made me feel as good as I feel right now without it. The confidence boost has been incredible. I have no desire to go back to that slavery. Would hate to accidently dose myself with second hand poison.

Yall have a good day
Quit Date: 19 Aug 2012
"If you don't know what you want, you end up with a lot you don't." ~Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club,

Offline TSNUS

• Quitter
  • Interests: Fishing, camping, skiing, BBQing
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2012, 08:38:00 AM »
WTG Kubiak! Proud to be quit with you today. Quit on!
Quit 8/14/12 and taking my life back one day at a time.

If you don?t control what you have access to, what you have access to will control you.

I?m trying to remind myself daily it?s not the absence of conflict that determines whether or not my relationships are healthy. It?s knowing how to handle the conflicts that will arise.

Character is who we are, not who we pretend to be. It's better to be shaped than to be fake.

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2012, 08:23:00 AM »
Definitely better.  I'm growing into a relationship with this quit, we're getting to know each other very well.  We both hate the nicotine bitch, and my quit is hate fucking that bitch every chance it gets.  Now I know what "posting roll and one day at a time" means.
Day 29 without Nicotine, Day 41 w/out chew. Sometimes I feel like something's missing, usually right before I leave the house... "keys, wallet, chew, phone" was my checklist since college. Really, college? I've given up most of the other bad habits I had in college, like drinking until I puked on my shoes, fucking fat girls for fun, sleeping in until noon, but in hindsight I never thought chew would be around this long. I never wanted it to. In fact, I only started chew because I wanted to quit smoking. I started playing Rugby, and smoking became a problem. I told my mates "If you see me smoking, punch me in the face" and they did wholeheartedly, a couple times. Then someone said "here, have a dip". I threw up immediately, filling an empty pitcher with vomit that should have served warning of the evils of chew. At the time, though, we used to fill pitchers with vomit or urine because it was funny, and leave them on other people's tables.

I'm telling these other stories as a way to avoid why I'm replying to my introduction... over the weekend, my family went to see Thomas the train and I saw a guy there, probably around my age, with a giant tumor on his neck right around where I used to throw in a dip. He was there with his son I guess, and I could tell they were having a wonderful time in each other's company. Not only did that little boy not care about his dad's giant tumor (we're talking softball size), but the Dad didn't seem to care when he kissed his son and hugged him. It was all I could do to not stare, and I really thought about how lucky to not have one of those giant tumors myself, especially with 16 years of poison in my face. I'm also lucky to have one of those really cool sons to spend time with, and I'm pissed that even though I don't have one of those giant tumors now, I very well could end up with one and potentially deny my son years of knowing his father.

Appreciate every day, as they are numbered for everyone, the only doubt is in how big our number is.
Nice job on the quit.