Author Topic: Quitting this friday.  (Read 2688 times)

Offline MikeA

• Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Quitting this friday.
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2012, 04:42:00 PM »
At this point of time if you do not man up and quit right now you should just go on your marry way. We will help you but you must want and accept our help.
Our first bit of advice is to quit right now. If you do not accept this advice and quit now you are telling us that you know more than we do and you are better off on your own.
Believe us, we know you better than you know you. We have seen your type 100's, 1,000's of time here. You do as we say and you will be 100% successful.

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2012, 04:36:00 PM »
Hi.

I'm an addict just like you.

232 days ago I came into chat sporting a chew just like you currently are. I spit it out when I was asked and it was the last one I will ever have.

Post roll.
Stay quit.
repeat.

Please go read te welcome center at the top of the page. That should do plenty of planning for you. In fact, we've laid out guidelines here on how to quit and stay Quit. No need to plan.

All you gotta do is quit.
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline tarpon17

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2012, 04:27:00 PM »
Douchenozzle, stay out of the May 2012 forum until you are quit. You're fucking killing me.

Offline CoachDoc

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2010-02-24
  • Interests: Coaching football/baseball, reading, hiking, kayaking, camping, watching my 4 sons grow up
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2012, 11:19:00 AM »
Kinda reminds me of THIS GUY index.php?showtopic=5865

Who, was on the site yesterday...but still hasn't committed to the quit...

Move along...nothing to see here...
Blah...Blah...Blah...You keep TALKIN....I'll keep QUITTIN

I'm not here to make friends, I'm here to support YOUR quit.

Quit Date: 2/25/10 and every day since
HoF: June 4, 2010
HOF Speech
10th Floor: November 20, 2012

Offline tarpon17

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Epic Quitter
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2012, 11:15:00 AM »
:rustaf1: :scowick: :rustaf1: :scowick: :rustaf1: :scowick: :rustaf1: :scowick: :rustaf1: :scowick: :rustaf1: :scowick: :rustaf1: :scowick: :rustaf1: :scowick:

I'm gonna bet you aren't here on Friday. I'll wear the avatar of your choice for a week if you come in, quit and post a day 1 between now and Friday. I dare you. I double dog dare you.

Offline dippshit

• Quitter
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2012, 10:31:00 AM »
We see guys like you all the time. We call em planned quitters. We rarely see them back for their quit date, or for any date quit for that matter.

But your different right? Your special? No. Sorry to burst your birthday balloon bud, but your not.

Planned quits don't work for one reason. You do not want it bad enough. The simple fact that you want to wait until Friday to quit tells me that you do not have the desire to quit today, so what is gonna change Friday?

Ill answer that.

Nothing.

This only works if you want it. If you want it, you gotta get it today, because tomorrow never comes. Who knows which time you stuff that shit in between your lip and your addiction that it starts the cellular chain reaction that ends with your face being filleted like a halibut? Don't get me wrong, I know you can quit, I don't think you will tho. I hope you prove me wrong.

Quit today.

Tomorrow never comes.

Free yourself.

"It's amazing what a man can see by the light of a burning bridge" - Unknown

Offline ChewCrewRetiree

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2012, 07:55:00 AM »
Quote from: hatecope76
Hello all, I am planning on quitting this friday. I have lurked on the site for awhile, just been trying to decide when is the right time for me to stop, when I think I will be able to completely stop that is.

My name is Jake, I have been dipping for about 7 years. I started in high school-my best friend dipped and offered his can to me-it all started from there... and I haven't been able to fully stop since then-I've gone on "breaks" but have never been able to fully stop. I found this site through a search, and have lurked for some time, while planning how I will manage my own quit. But I think I finally have a plan now.

I have decided that it is time for me to quit this week. I am working on finishing my last can of cope straight, once this can is done, I will be ready to post roll and quit with you all. I've just been cutting down on my usage this week to prepare for friday. Do you have any other advice for me?
Where are your balls, Jake? The time is NOW to regain control of your life! Ever since your friend gave you that can, you have WILLINGLY been ingesting the most addictive ninja thing out there, not to mention the carcinogenic and potentially oncogenic effects that come with a can of dip!

Open that can, dump it in the toilet, piss on it, and flush it the fuck down. Get it together and quit right now. "Planning to quit" does not work. Having a quit plan, does. Feel free to share your plan if you'd like, and the vets will gladly give you hints, tips and advice from there.

But the long and short of it is that your quit needs to start TODAY. We are a cold turkey kinda deal. There is no weening, this isn't titty milk. It's your life. GET IT BACK.
Quit - 10/24/11 |-| HOF - 1/31/12 |-| 2nd Floor - 5/10/12 |-| 3rd Floor - 8/18/12 |-| 1 Year - 10/22/12 |-| 4th Floor - 11/26/12

Stop and in say hi to the January 2012 Juggernauts

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Swim Bike Run - Shooting - Chasing my boys around.
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2012, 07:43:00 AM »
Wow. You must really hate cope if you want to finger bang the nic bitch for a few more days. Get those "bonus" lippers in. Grind that shit into your gum, get the full experience before your quit day party. If there is quit in you at all, its in you now. Don't wait another moment. If freedom is looking you in the eye, grab it. You don't "plan" on it. You fight for it. I'm just going to keep my fingers crossed that one of these last dips doesn't kick start the chain reaction of cancer. How long can you dodge a bullet bud? How many times do you think you get? If you have balls and want this, then do it. Otherwise, you're lying to yourself pal. You got to want it.

Offline Radman

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Family and friends. Other than that, anything outdoors....motorcycling, shooting, hunting, fishing, racing.
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2012, 07:30:00 AM »
Quote from: ktb1764
Advice? Yeah, man up, dump your shit in the toilet, and post roll. See the "Welcome Center" link in the upper left-hand corner.

There is absolutely no reason to wait until Friday, other than it gives you one more day to stuff cancer candy in your mouth. And why, exactly, would you want to do that?
^^^ This quitter speaketh the truth.

Postponing is an addictions way of digging the hooks in deeper. The stress caused by planning to quit causes anxiety, which makes quitting even harder.

If you quit right now, the nicotine will almost be out of your system by Friday.

Offline ktb1764

• Quitter
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2012, 06:41:00 AM »
Advice? Yeah, man up, dump your shit in the toilet, and post roll. See the "Welcome Center" link in the upper left-hand corner.

There is absolutely no reason to wait until Friday, other than it gives you one more day to stuff cancer candy in your mouth. And why, exactly, would you want to do that?
Nobody trips over mountains. It is the small pebble that causes you to stumble. Pass all the pebbles in your path and you will find you have crossed the mountain.

Offline Sleestak

• Quitter
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 03:39:00 AM »
Advice is just what everyone has already said in the May forum, don't wait until Friday to quit. Welcome and good luck.

Offline hatecope76

Quitting this friday.
« on: February 15, 2012, 12:42:00 AM »
Hello all, I am planning on quitting this friday. I have lurked on the site for awhile, just been trying to decide when is the right time for me to stop, when I think I will be able to completely stop that is.

My name is Jake, I have been dipping for about 7 years. I started in high school-my best friend dipped and offered his can to me-it all started from there... and I haven't been able to fully stop since then-I've gone on "breaks" but have never been able to fully stop. I found this site through a search, and have lurked for some time, while planning how I will manage my own quit. But I think I finally have a plan now.

I have decided that it is time for me to quit this week. I am working on finishing my last can of cope straight, once this can is done, I will be ready to post roll and quit with you all. I've just been cutting down on my usage this week to prepare for friday. Do you have any other advice for me?