Author Topic: Quitting this friday.  (Read 2690 times)

Offline Nolaq

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: Quitting this friday.
« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2012, 01:52:00 PM »
Quote from: tarpon17
Quote from: ziesmer
Quote from: Keddy
Quote from: noonelikesaquitter
Quote from: wastepanel
Quote from: pacertom

Now tarpon owes you a kick in the nuts because you are weak and cannot take it.  You are a disgrace to all in the May 2012 group.
I totally agree with Tarpon....That dude is a tool...He won't be back..it is really too bad because now I am gonna get all kinds of crap about how drinking will ruin your quit....Damn it!
The quit drinking part...I don't totally agree and here's my take. I have had 1-3 beers every night after work for as long as I can remember. When I started my quit I did not cease drinking my beers and actually got a little hammered once or twice.

For me, this test makes me stronger....Instead of absolute sobriety for 30, 60 days and then a 1 time drunkfest where I could be very weak, I already know I can push through...

Maybe illogical to some but for me, I know it's the right way.

And to hatecope, thanks for the entertainment you fukin pussy. People like you only make me stronger. When you grow out of your teenage brain and have some hair on your balls....perhaps a new group will take you in.
Well Said!
Imagine that you are standing in front of a minefield...on the other side of that minefield stands a soldier...not only has he walked that minefield safely, but he has guided thousands of others through that minefield safely as well.. He hails you from the other side and offers to guide you across safely...

do you:

a) tell him he is well meaning but really doesn't know shit about minefields

or

b.) shut  up and listen  to what he has to say, treading the path of thousands of others before you.

one way guarantees you safe passage, Why tread a new path?

drink the kool aid...drink long. drink deep.

Don't be a casualty.
I'm not saying that you guys are destined to fail.

However, there is a method to our madness.

You guys have 36 days quit COLLECTIVELY.

Anybody can stop. A true badass can talk the talk and walk the walk.

Prove me wrong.
I may very well not be too popular after this; however, I see this argument and advice all the time.

I did not refrain from drinking. Never even occurred to me.

Having said that, I am an old fart with kids and a business. I don't go clubbing. I'm not out at bars, or going to parties. When I come home at night, I have a drink or two. I don't socialize with people, let alone smokers or dippers.

I think the stronger point being made is, do not put yourself in a position where you will have an opportunity to cave - drunk or sober.

In my living room at 10 pm, or watching the Super Bowl at home with a couple drinks in me is not going to lead to a cave.

When I was 27, and still going out with my buds getting hammered and chasing snatch, well, then I would DEFINITELY recommend abstaining from booze for a good while.

So, booze or no booze, IMO, guard your quit. It IS your life right now.
NOLAQ has it right. GUARD is the proper emphasis. Doe absolutely everything to can to keep your quit solid!
Totally agree! I haven't been to a club in years. Have a great weekend and guard your quit! Cheers

Z
Nice conversation! You guys have hit it on the head, be aware of your surroundings. Don't put yourself in harms way. If you can pay at the pump do so. No need to go inside and get tempted. Don't think, nah that won't be me. Believe me, we've seen failures come from much less shit than that. Y'all have a fine weekend; hatecope keep stuffing your lip buddy and keeping those fatcats at NST happy.
Excellent discussion gentlemen; If I may, can we either close it out or move it over to General Discussion? I just hate seeing a thread started by this doosh at the top of the page all day.

Thanks.
What is your major malfunction?!?!?!?!

Offline tarpon17

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Epic Quitter
« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2012, 01:37:00 PM »

Now tarpon owes you a kick in the nuts because you are weak and cannot take it.  You are a disgrace to all in the May 2012 group.
I totally agree with Tarpon....That dude is a tool...He won't be back..it is really too bad because now I am gonna get all kinds of crap about how drinking will ruin your quit....Damn it!
The quit drinking part...I don't totally agree and here's my take. I have had 1-3 beers every night after work for as long as I can remember. When I started my quit I did not cease drinking my beers and actually got a little hammered once or twice.

For me, this test makes me stronger....Instead of absolute sobriety for 30, 60 days and then a 1 time drunkfest where I could be very weak, I already know I can push through...

And to hatecope, thanks for the entertainment you fukin pussy. People like you only make me stronger. When you grow out of your teenage brain and have some hair on your balls....perhaps a new group will take you in.
Well Said!
Imagine that you are standing in front of a minefield...on the other side of that minefield stands a soldier...not only has he walked that minefield safely, but he has guided thousands of others through that minefield safely as well.. He hails you from the other side and offers to guide you across safely...

do you:

or

b.) shut  up and listen  to what he has to say, treading the path of thousands of others before you.

Don't be a casualty.

Prove me wrong.
I may very well not be too popular after this; however, I see this argument and advice all the time.

Having said that, I am an old fart with kids and a business. I don't go clubbing. I'm not out at bars, or going to parties. When I come home at night, I have a drink or two. I don't socialize with people, let alone smokers or dippers.

I think the stronger point being made is, do not put yourself in a position where you will have an opportunity to cave - drunk or sober.

In my living room at 10 pm, or watching the Super Bowl at home with a couple drinks in me is not going to lead to a cave.

When I was 27, and still going out with my buds getting hammered and chasing snatch, well, then I would DEFINITELY recommend abstaining from booze for a good while.

NOLAQ has it right. GUARD is the proper emphasis. Doe absolutely everything to can to keep your quit solid!
Totally agree! I haven't been to a club in years. Have a great weekend and guard your quit! Cheers

Z
Nice conversation! You guys have hit it on the head, be aware of your surroundings. Don't put yourself in harms way. If you can pay at the pump do so. No need to go inside and get tempted. Don't think, nah that won't be me. Believe me, we've seen failures come from much less shit than that. Y'all have a fine weekend; hatecope keep stuffing your lip buddy and keeping those fatcats at NST happy.

Offline ziesmer

• Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2012, 12:28:00 PM »

Well Said!

do you:

or

Don't be a casualty.

Prove me wrong.

Z

Offline Keddy

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Break the Chains
« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2012, 12:11:00 PM »

Well Said!

do you:

or

Don't be a casualty.

Prove me wrong.

Offline Nolaq

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2012, 12:07:00 PM »

Well Said!

do you:

or

Don't be a casualty.

Prove me wrong.

What is your major malfunction?!?!?!?!

Offline pacertom

• Quitter
  • Interests: Bass Fishing, BBQ and anything outdoors.
« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2012, 12:05:00 PM »
Prove me wrong.
[/QUOTE]

Those 3 words right there bro...those do it.

I understand where you're coming from and know that for some, being drunk is a trigger...I should rephrase my original, I have a few beers, I rarely get "drunk". I know it's about avoiding/dealing with triggers....as it is after a big meal....sex...whatever it is, I have my quit plan seared into my brain, written out and always with me to deal with "life's triggers" and a few beers used to be one of those.

Beatin a dead horse now...Thanks for the words...I'll keep this handy for my HOF not to prove you wrong but to make you proud.

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2012, 11:36:00 AM »

Well Said!

do you:

or

Don't be a casualty.

Prove me wrong.
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline ziesmer

• Quit Pro
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2012, 10:27:00 AM »

Well Said!

Offline pacertom

• Quitter
  • Interests: Bass Fishing, BBQ and anything outdoors.
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2012, 10:16:00 AM »

Offline ziesmer

• Quit Pro
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2012, 09:52:00 AM »

Now tarpon owes you a kick in the nuts because you are weak and cannot take it. You are a disgrace to all in the May 2012 group.

Offline MikeA

• Quit Pro
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2012, 09:45:00 AM »
Do not feed the trolls

Offline tarpon17

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Epic Quitter
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2012, 09:28:00 AM »
Tarpon owes you an av for the week! Good job posting roll don't let him off the hook
Now tarpon owes you a kick in the nuts because you are weak and cannot take it. You are a disgrace to all in the May 2012 group.

Offline Instigator

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2012, 06:44:00 AM »
Quote from: hatecope76
I can't wait any longer. I tried calling numbers. Noone answer. What am I supposed to do now?
When did this guy change his avatar back? Last night when he posted this, it was the lid of his lover, Copenhagen wintergreen.
The Rozzers--Catching crims and locking them up...in your community

Offline Highway48

• Epic Quitter
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2012, 06:08:00 AM »
I'm calling this.

This Guy's a troll.
guess you were right
Quit: 02.06.12
HOF: 05.15.12
200: 08.23.12
300: 12.01.12
400: 03.11.13
500: 06.19.13

MY WEEKLY UPDATE

Offline Sleestak

• Quitter
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2012, 03:49:00 AM »
Quote from: hatecope76
I can't wait any longer. I tried calling numbers. Noone answer. What am I supposed to do now?
By all means good man, cave and proceed to taunt your "fellow" quitters with a dip in your mouth. That is the classy move and shows how serious you were. Come back when you grow up a little. Or not. Really don't care after your classless post in May.