Author Topic: TO HELL WITH DIP!!  (Read 7653 times)

Offline eschmit04

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/26/2019
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: TO HELL WITH DIP!!
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2019, 10:17:37 PM »
I used to feel the same way about anxiety. I laughed at it and people that talked about it.... Wrong yes. But now I know how real it is.

Damn good news on the dentist appointment. That's a hell of a win. I need to make that appointment my own self..

Proud to quit with you.

Offline AWright2262

• Quitter
  • Afghan Vet 16-17
  • Quit Date: 1-22-2019
  • Likes Given: 86
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2019, 08:36:44 PM »
I use to think depression and anxiety was kinda made up in a sense when I was younger. Now that I am older I can tell you that it’s very much so real. The feeling of never being good enough, the thought of not having a great body, always being in the wrong with everyone you’re involved with. Seems like things will get better eventually..

On a side note, Had a dentist appointment today and everything went good he said my teeth look like a whole new set because no stain!

Just wanted to type that out, 80 days of being quit and I am happy about that.
QD 1-22-2019. HOF 5-1-2019.  1st floor

"Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. “

-Lt. Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try."

- John F. Kennedy

Offline AWright2262

• Quitter
  • Afghan Vet 16-17
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2019, 06:02:34 AM »
Awright I’ve been there.   The dog days of quitting are maybe worse than the early days.   At least early on you’d feel a sense of accomplishment when you got to the end of the day.   But after a while you aren’t patting yourself on the back like you used to.    But the voice of your addiction is still there trying to get fed.    I remember it wasn’t the size of my craves that got to me, but the fact that they never fucking stopped coming. 
 There is nothing you can do but buckle down and trust the program.   It ABSOLUTELY DOES get easier, and I’m talking way easier....but it takes a long time.   And getting to 73 days deserves credit, that is real quitting.  At this point you know how to quit, you just have to stay with it.  Keep grinding buddy.  And blast some Skynyrd loud.   Dip doesn’t own their music...take it back for yourself!

AWright - if I were you I'd get Andy (Dagranger's) contact info as well.  He is a winner that knows how to battle this demon like a boss.  He posts every day in October 2013, and is one of the biggest bad asses of 2013.  He's right - it does get better, and a lot better.  In fact, you have some really good days coming up.  But I can tell you that this battle turns into a feeling of euphoria - as once you start feeling the "win", you realize that there is nothing that you cannot do when you set your mind to it.  Quitting dip is the best decision you ever made.  Keep at it, and you'll love where you are going.

Thanks guys I appreciate the support. This is also a fight we have to fight together! I'm thankful for my Vets!!!

- John F. Kennedy

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 107
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2019, 11:36:29 AM »
Awright I’ve been there.   The dog days of quitting are maybe worse than the early days.   At least early on you’d feel a sense of accomplishment when you got to the end of the day.   But after a while you aren’t patting yourself on the back like you used to.    But the voice of your addiction is still there trying to get fed.    I remember it wasn’t the size of my craves that got to me, but the fact that they never fucking stopped coming. 
 There is nothing you can do but buckle down and trust the program.   It ABSOLUTELY DOES get easier, and I’m talking way easier....but it takes a long time.   And getting to 73 days deserves credit, that is real quitting.  At this point you know how to quit, you just have to stay with it.  Keep grinding buddy.  And blast some Skynyrd loud.   Dip doesn’t own their music...take it back for yourself!

AWright - if I were you I'd get Andy (Dagranger's) contact info as well.  He is a winner that knows how to battle this demon like a boss.  He posts every day in October 2013, and is one of the biggest bad asses of 2013.  He's right - it does get better, and a lot better.  In fact, you have some really good days coming up.  But I can tell you that this battle turns into a feeling of euphoria - as once you start feeling the "win", you realize that there is nothing that you cannot do when you set your mind to it.  Quitting dip is the best decision you ever made.  Keep at it, and you'll love where you are going.

Offline Dagranger

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 06-27-2013
  • Interests: I used to like playing any sport. Now I like coaching any sport. Hiking, camping, biking. I work out a lot but I hate it.
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2019, 10:54:38 PM »

Offline AWright2262

• Quitter
  • Afghan Vet 16-17
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2019, 11:55:50 AM »
Day 73 is upon me, and I feel it. At times I crave the biggest dip imaginable. Other times I gag at the thought of it...

I know that if I just have one I’ll ruin everything and the addiction will take over.. That probably catches so many people who aren’t held accountable.

I’m a huge supporter of KTC and all the good it brings to the table. Without a massive about of support outside the forum I get PLENTY inside it.

I can’t beleive I use to be control by a can of shit. Literally it’s untelling what they put in it..  At the time I thought it was the greatest thing to be driving down the road with a big dip in listening to Skynyrd and just living...

No I dread drives because they’re triggers.. I dread gas stations. I dread after my workouts..

I can’t stop here I’m not done fighting..

- John F. Kennedy

Offline AWright2262

• Quitter
  • Afghan Vet 16-17
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2019, 11:21:03 AM »
Day 56 and I’m feeling great, nothing could make me ruin what I have achieved.

I can’t let my guard down though, the cravings still sneak up on me. It gives me chills to think that I can still taste it in my mouth this many days out.

We are all recovering addicts and we much never forget that...

AW

- John F. Kennedy

Offline Gunnar

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2/8/2019
  • Likes Given: 35
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2019, 06:11:30 PM »
Thank you to all who have posted on my Intro.

As I sit at day 54 I look back on what I would've been doing if I didn't find Kill The Can..

I would be having a nice mixed drink with a BIG dip in right now.. I'd actually keep rotating dips left and right.

I feel so confident about my quit right now but, I know I can't let my guard down...

The cravings get hard at times...

Whenever I go into a gas station and I see the wall I tell the clerk how many days I've been quit.

To everyone thats helped me this far I thank you. Lets continue this journey.

-AW

Keep killing it AW!

Offline AWright2262

• Quitter
  • Afghan Vet 16-17
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2019, 03:55:39 PM »
Thank you to all who have posted on my Intro.

As I sit at day 54 I look back on what I would've been doing if I didn't find Kill The Can..

I would be having a nice mixed drink with a BIG dip in right now.. I'd actually keep rotating dips left and right.

I feel so confident about my quit right now but, I know I can't let my guard down...

The cravings get hard at times...

Whenever I go into a gas station and I see the wall I tell the clerk how many days I've been quit.

To everyone thats helped me this far I thank you. Lets continue this journey.

-AW

- John F. Kennedy

Offline BluManChew

• Quit Pro
    • [b]The Omega Moment - 365 Days Later
  • Quit Date: October 8, 2017
  • Likes Given: 163
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2019, 10:42:21 AM »

I know whats going through your mind right now. "this guy is too young to be addicted to dip." well bub I promise thats not the case.

I sincerely doubt that anyone on this site would ever tell you that, helll I would wager that 99% of us were addicted as hell by 23. Having said that.. we weren’t smart enough to quit then, so kudos my friend. Thank you for your service and proud to be Quit with you.
Welcome AW, great work and keep up the posting!  You seem like you are drinking the kool-aid right up. That's great and it truly works. Something I wish I had started earlier in my quit.

Also I'm 24 (Almost 25) just as young. Here's a fun fact... Studies have shown if you don't get hooked before 18 you are far less likely to become a nicotine addict. The majority of us started young and were likely hooked well before age 18.

One last piece of advice (or whatever you want to call it), dipping unfortunately was not a habit for any of us. We are addicts plain and simple, proud to be quit with you today.

It does get easier and it does get better, remember the initial suck is temporary, and while I can't promise it will ever be 100% "gone" it does get easier and easier. Always have a plan if you're thinking of dipping, call everyone of your brothers and ask if it's OK to have even just one lip and ai promise all of them will tell you hell no.
Good job, AWright.

Offline Evillen

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date: 04/13/2018
  • Likes Given: 39
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2019, 01:19:10 PM »

I know whats going through your mind right now. "this guy is too young to be addicted to dip." well bub I promise thats not the case.

I sincerely doubt that anyone on this site would ever tell you that, helll I would wager that 99% of us were addicted as hell by 23. Having said that.. we weren’t smart enough to quit then, so kudos my friend. Thank you for your service and proud to be Quit with you.
Welcome AW, great work and keep up the posting!  You seem like you are drinking the kool-aid right up. That's great and it truly works. Something I wish I had started earlier in my quit.

Also I'm 24 (Almost 25) just as young. Here's a fun fact... Studies have shown if you don't get hooked before 18 you are far less likely to become a nicotine addict. The majority of us started young and were likely hooked well before age 18.

One last piece of advice (or whatever you want to call it), dipping unfortunately was not a habit for any of us. We are addicts plain and simple, proud to be quit with you today.

It does get easier and it does get better, remember the initial suck is temporary, and while I can't promise it will ever be 100% "gone" it does get easier and easier. Always have a plan if you're thinking of dipping, call everyone of your brothers and ask if it's OK to have even just one lip and ai promise all of them will tell you hell no.

Offline Dundippin

• Quitter
  • Shift your focus so you do not think about it
    • Recovery Meeting Place
  • Quit Date: 9/15/2015
  • Interests: Web development, database design, management, weightlifting, bike riding, gardening and watching the Baltimore Ravens.
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2019, 12:09:38 PM »
Awright2262

Welcome to the group and congratulations on your success in beating this habit.

Here are some words of advice to help you in your quit.

The main way to be successful is to just decide that you have quit. Once you stop the negotiating in your head as to whether you will do one more or not the rest becomes far more simple.

The next important thing is to learn how to distract your attention. When you get those thoughts about dipping, switch your attention and think about something else. Anything else that you like. This ability to change your focus will guarantee your success and make your quit that much easier.

When you place a dip in your mouth, your brain releases sugars. Well, those sugars are now going to be gone.

However, you can replace them with OJ or other fruit juices with sugar. This will provide some comfort, especially on your initial quit days.

Make sure to exercise with weights and cardio when you feel that nagging tension in your muscles, you feel that rage, when you can not sleep and when you cannot focus. Exercise really helps.

Here is one that most people overlook. Get at least 3 square meals a day. Hunger can really bring on those urges so squash those urges before they come. Eat full healthy meals and do not let yourself get excessively hungry. You will see this helps a great deal.

I waited until I was 59 quit after using tobacco for 40 years. You are wise to quit now.

I quit with you today.

Dundippin day 1250

Offline AWright2262

• Quitter
  • Afghan Vet 16-17
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2019, 05:42:45 AM »
The craves are not as demanding anymore. It's almost like I can focus on different things that I couldn't before.
Not to say that they totally gone because they're not, I just dont think about them 24/7.
19 Days ago if you would've told me I was going to make it this far I'd think you was out of your mind, but here I am with a lifetime ahead of me.

- John F. Kennedy

Offline Bug Guy

• REMF
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • Just a squirrel trying to get a nut
  • Quit Date: 1-4-19
  • Interests: Buckeye Football, Hunting, Hiking, Hanging with the family
  • Likes Given: 2427
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2019, 07:33:50 PM »
This weekend has been rough on me. I did not cave and I will not cave. I had drill the past two days where almost my whole unit dips. I get there around 6:30 and leave about 5:30 pm during the whole time I see dip, I smell dip,  but I DO NOT TASTE DIP. I posted on facebook about my quit and got a massive amount of support and some of the guys seen it. Some of them were trying to get me to dip which was fucking awful to be honest I basically told them my quit is more important than an hour of sucking cancer out of a dry plant. Thank you everyone!!!! ODAAT

Kick ass for not caving bro! That can be extremely rough to have that much pressure around you. You should really look into Teaza or my favorite- Grinds coffee pouches. The caffeine is a good replacement for the nicotine and being so early in your quit, not a bad way to replicate having a dip in your mouth. Not to mention, the appearance of having a dip in your mouth may keep those in your unit off you for a bit. Either way, stay strong and drive on!
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

INTRO | HOF SPEECH | HOF WRITEUP
QUIT 1/4/19 HOF 4/13/19 2ND FLOOR 7/22/19 3RD FLOOR 10/30/19 4TH FLOOR 2/7/20 5TH FLOOR 5/17/20 6TH FLOOR 8/25/20 7TH FLOOR 12/3/20 8TH FLOOR 3/13/21 9TH FLOOR 6/21/21 DANGLE FLOOR 9/29/21 11TH FLOOR 1/7/22 12TH FLOOR 4/17/22

Offline AWright2262

• Quitter
  • Afghan Vet 16-17
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2019, 06:56:40 PM »
This weekend has been rough on me. I did not cave and I will not cave. I had drill the past two days where almost my whole unit dips. I get there around 6:30 and leave about 5:30 pm during the whole time I see dip, I smell dip,  but I DO NOT TASTE DIP. I posted on facebook about my quit and got a massive amount of support and some of the guys seen it. Some of them were trying to get me to dip which was fucking awful to be honest I basically told them my quit is more important than an hour of sucking cancer out of a dry plant. Thank you everyone!!!! ODAAT

- John F. Kennedy