Author Topic: No more dip for me.  (Read 11244 times)

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
Re: No more dip for me.
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2015, 11:53:00 AM »
Quote from: Nomore1959
Day 50 update. Half way to the hall, on cruise control as is normal (per std quit expectations). I've had 2 dip dreams so far, very intense. The oral fix thing seems less now. One more bit of freedom this Independence Day!

As my track coach put it, when you run the mile the race is won or lost on lap 3. Lap 3 sucks. My HOF path is now on lap 3. I know suck is coming, I know I can beat it one day at a time. Right now life is better than pre-quit. It will be even better after HOF. Right now, kill lap 3, lap4 will take care of itself as it always does.
Great job nomore! Keep that attitude and that mindset to know that the struggles not over. Damn proud to be quit with you today my brother!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline Nomore1959

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 329
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2015, 10:30:00 AM »
Day 50 update. Half way to the hall, on cruise control as is normal (per std quit expectations). I've had 2 dip dreams so far, very intense. The oral fix thing seems less now. One more bit of freedom this Independence Day!

As my track coach put it, when you run the mile the race is won or lost on lap 3. Lap 3 sucks. My HOF path is now on lap 3. I know suck is coming, I know I can beat it one day at a time. Right now life is better than pre-quit. It will be even better after HOF. Right now, kill lap 3, lap4 will take care of itself as it always does.

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2015, 09:24:00 AM »
Hang in there my friend, we all crave,that's why we're here. You still gonna have foggy day's, work through them. After 38 years of dipping, 176 clean days later I still crave and occasionally use my fake but whatever it takes to stay clean is my motto! Damn proud to be quit with you today my friend!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline Nomore1959

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2015, 07:15:00 AM »
Day 37. Less need of the mint fake dip, mind much more clear, not ready to fall asleep at the drop of a hat. Still get craves several times a day, especially late afternoon / evening.

Offline Nomore1959

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2015, 01:40:00 PM »
Day 30, one month of quit. Not much interest in dip, but still using the mint fake stuff. The quit group is pretty complacent this weekend. I can't control other quitters, gotta figure out how much hectoring is helpful vs chasing them away -- probably a lot more than I am doing.

Offline Nomore1959

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2015, 11:03:00 PM »
Thoughts on day 21, 3 weeks of Quit. Seems like I crave a dip pretty much full time, but the cravings don't last very long. I can get in and out of a c-store, face up to the display of many flavor of dip and not buy any. Slow work day, so I hung around the August quit page to see who lurked  when -- seems others in my group crave as much as I do. This evening checked out the live chat, met some BAQ's ranging from August quit brothers to a group getting to HOF and some people with commas. Plenty of distracting fun.

One monster of quit (CBird65) sent digits via PM whilst the chat went on. Warning: if you return your digits to this brother you will get a call right away! Fine call, good perspective on what comes next, confirmation it does get better as we retrain our brains.

Oh yeah, nothing profound here. The fucker reminded me the dairy cows next door get to chew all day. 'bang head'

OK. I am not a cow, I choose freedom over slavery. CBird better send bail money when I get busted for cow tipping.

edited note: almost forgot. vet BAQs talked a lot about triggers, identifying them, and resolving them one at a time.

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: Nov 18, 2014
  • Interests: I am a Christian. By grace through faith.....I asked God to show me the truth. And He did. I am a believer! Wife of 30 Years, Golf, Hunting, All sports...Romans 10:9-13
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2015, 10:28:00 PM »
Today was a good day, though filled with mint snuff. Nic on my mind, but not in control of it.

Tabbed around the site here, saw a cool vid on brain re wiring on the Twitter feed. Monster tools of quit.

Happy to quit with you badasses today.
Nomore. Good to see you working your way through the Suck.

Makes a 51 year old pup, like myself, feel better knowing I wasn't the only one having sleeping problems.

One thought is to get off the caffeine.
Drink water....
I trained my brain like a bird dog.
When it thought of dipping.... I drowned it!!
Then walk or Get up and do some push-ups.

Remember... The Nic B@#h is working out all night waiting on you to come out the house!

This is more than an old habit buddy.
It's a drug that we took, a long time ago, not knowing the aftermath.
That will kill you, and is robbing every user of there natural abilities.

We don't need it... You will learn to sleep.
Keep reading and increasing your knowledge of the Truth.

I quit with you today.
Proud of your decision to quit, and I respect battle against the suck.
Its worth the pain.
Rawls 190 Free.
I believe.....

Offline Nomore1959

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2015, 10:02:00 PM »
Today was a good day, though filled with mint snuff. Nic on my mind, but not in control of it.

Tabbed around the site here, saw a cool vid on brain re wiring on the Twitter feed. Monster tools of quit.

Happy to quit with you badasses today.

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2015, 07:22:00 PM »
Element, days 1-8 are a blur. Lots of coffee (perhaps too much) and a business conference where I took a lot of walks outside instead of sitting in on sessions. A customer asked if I was OK on day 5, told him I hadn't slept well. Day 9 was simply the day I figured out all by my lonesome looked iffy going forward. Today it seems the clock is running in slow motion, but I reduced the coffee load and am ok. No nicotine today, so it is a good day whatever the fog gets up to later.
Look my friend all the sleep you lose, the headaches, fatigue and everything, it's worth every damn second of it! Oh yeah haven't found anywhere where quitting has killed anyone! So let's kick the bitch in the teeth and do this together! I'm quit with you today, we got this my friend and remember 24-7 we're all fighting right beside you! Damn proud to be quit with you today my friend!

Offline Nomore1959

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2015, 02:05:00 PM »
Element, days 1-8 are a blur. Lots of coffee (perhaps too much) and a business conference where I took a lot of walks outside instead of sitting in on sessions. A customer asked if I was OK on day 5, told him I hadn't slept well. Day 9 was simply the day I figured out all by my lonesome looked iffy going forward. Today it seems the clock is running in slow motion, but I reduced the coffee load and am ok. No nicotine today, so it is a good day whatever the fog gets up to later.

Offline Element

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-05-10
  • Interests: PC Games
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2015, 12:22:00 PM »
No fog til day 9. Wow, different experience for me. It was hell for 5 days. Then nothing too bad minus a few headaches here and there. Day 16 for me. You can do this. Just make and then keep your promise every day. No Nicotine Today.

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2015, 10:27:00 AM »
I quit with you today.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline Landdon

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Interests: June 18, 2014 is my first day of quit. I thank God, KTC, and my family for helping me.
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2015, 09:43:00 AM »
You're doing awesome! I've been watching you in August! Keep it up man. Remember you're doing this for yourself, and for those who care for you too. EDD!

Offline Steakbomb18

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 12/13/2013
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2015, 08:28:00 AM »
I tired of thinking about the next dip 24x7, so stopped.
Congratulations on making the decision to QUIT, emphasis on the word QUIT. "Stoppers" do just that, they stop, ...and then they start again, and then they stop, then start and so forth. All of us have been stoppers, pretending to "quit" only to fail and start chewing again. Not this time my friend. You are quit. It's a state of mind and a way of life. The difference this time is that, if you max out on the resources here, you'll have a following of people invested in your quit.

Post roll, promise, and keep that promise. In return, I'll promise to quit with you every damn day and god help me I won't break that promise. Not today. Tomorrow, I'll do the same thing with you, ...but I'll worry about that tomorrow.
Certified Grade A Badass

Offline Nomore1959

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2015, 07:28:00 AM »
B-loMatt, thanks for the pep talk. I'm no stronger than anyone else, and that is as tough to realize as the addiction was. It helps to get reminded I'm not weaker than the rest either.

just back from driving past the c-store to /from breakfast. I'll do roll call instead of nic.

Mind games last night were something else- precious sleep for just a wee pinch of doom while the clock froze. Eff that, took a shower, made coffee at 2:30 am and bounced round the forums here. Next up today's quit.