Author Topic: No more dip for me.  (Read 11247 times)

Offline KingNothing

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 2015-07-10
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: No more dip for me.
« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2015, 10:46:00 PM »
Quote from: Stranger999
Quote from: Nomore1959
Went to the dentist today (day 181) a regular visit. The dentist, the hygienists, and all the assistants know me as a can a day tobacco chewer since before I came to WI and had my first appointment there 20 years ago.

So I hop in the chair for the cleaning. The hygienist asks what's new with my teeth, and I told her I quit the tobacco. She asked how I quit, I told her cold turkey on KTC. She clicked the "not a tobacco user" button on her computer, smiled, and grabbed the usual cleaning tools. Then she surveyed my mouth. "Wow! Dr. Tim check this out!" So the dentist came over for a look in my mouth. "Amazing! What did you do?" (My mouth is full of dental mirrors  whatnot, so the hygienist answered for me) "he quit dipping. See how the corrugation and white surface have healed and disappeared?" Dr. Tim "yes, that is a very healthy mouth. Congratulations on quitting!"

I then spent the next 15 minutes as exhibit 1 for the wonders of quit as the rest of the staff got a tour of my mouth. That's right, a bunch of young women ogling my formerly tobacco filled mouth.

That is a nice little victory. (Cross-posted in the ATeam forum)
That story is awesome my friend. ^_^

Thank you so much for helping me out during my first few weeks and beyond here. Looks like the 2nd floor is coming up soon... 'lift'
An awesome story No more. This gives me all the confidence in the world that these +1s are getting me somewhere. Thanks!
"Fuck nicotine dude. You don't need it. And you don't want it. It didn't do a thing for you and you know it." - worktowin
"today you dissided that shit wont control your life. and it wont. unless you let it." - drome
"Not thinking about nicotine is for people who've never used nicotine. We threw that option away with the first dip or drag on a cigarette. We are addicts, and cannot become un-addicted." - wildirish317
"You need to decide how much you really want to be quit." - pky1520
We are always at risk. And probably always will be. That is why I will never get "too quit" to post my +1. Every. Damn. Day. - geis2597

Intro
Freedom Tastes So Good

Quit: 7/10/15, HOF: 10/17/15, 2nd Floor: 1/25/16, 3rd Floor: 5/4/16, 1 year: 7/10/16 4th Floor: 8/12/16, 5th Floor: 11/20/16, 6th Floor: 2/28/17, 7th Floor: 6/8/17, 2 years: 7/10/17, 8th Floor: 9/16/17, 9th Floor: 12/25/17, Comma: 4/4/18, 3 years: 7/10/18, 11th Floor: 7/13/18

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 09/05/2015
  • Interests: Taking that first breath every morning before I post roll again.... Family, Philadelphia Eagles football, music, computers, solving puzzles of all sorts
  • Likes Given: 248
« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2015, 10:22:00 PM »
Went to the dentist today (day 181) a regular visit. The dentist, the hygienists, and all the assistants know me as a can a day tobacco chewer since before I came to WI and had my first appointment there 20 years ago.

So I hop in the chair for the cleaning. The hygienist asks what's new with my teeth, and I told her I quit the tobacco. She asked how I quit, I told her cold turkey on KTC. She clicked the "not a tobacco user" button on her computer, smiled, and grabbed the usual cleaning tools. Then she surveyed my mouth. "Wow! Dr. Tim check this out!" So the dentist came over for a look in my mouth. "Amazing! What did you do?" (My mouth is full of dental mirrors  whatnot, so the hygienist answered for me) "he quit dipping. See how the corrugation and white surface have healed and disappeared?" Dr. Tim "yes, that is a very healthy mouth. Congratulations on quitting!"

I then spent the next 15 minutes as exhibit 1 for the wonders of quit as the rest of the staff got a tour of my mouth. That's right, a bunch of young women ogling my formerly tobacco filled mouth.

That story is awesome my friend. ^_^

Thank you so much for helping me out during my first few weeks and beyond here. Looks like the 2nd floor is coming up soon... 'lift'

Offline Nomore1959

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 329
« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2015, 09:03:00 PM »

Offline DjPorkchop

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Mother Fricker!!!
    • PaPa Ray's Photography
  • Quit Date: 9/17/2015
  • Interests: Brewing Beer and Building Cheap Smokers (UDS Drums)
  • Likes Given: 23
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2015, 01:53:00 PM »
Hello NoMore and congrats on your HOF.

I like your reminder to your self that this is much better than dipping. I would take the brotherhood and accountability of dipping any day of the week.

Heres to it getting better and our days being brighter!!! Cheers!

Ray
If I could I would. If I don't, it's because I am lazy.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Offline Nomore1959

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2015, 01:15:00 PM »
Just over a month past HOF and physically I feel amazing. At least a decade younger. Mentally some ups and downs, but this too shall pass. I still have mint fake around somewhere, I don't reach for it or use it anymore, but knowing I have it helps me laugh off the craves.

Kinda slow in the group these days, but if I look elsewhere I can see my A Team brothers helping other quit groups. Helping newer quitters in intros or chat keeps me focused as well.

This is a reminder to myself that quit is much better than dipping, brotherhood and accountability continue past the HOF, and no matter the days stacked up it gets better.

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2015, 05:48:00 AM »
Not often, but once in a while, a quitter joins this place and just gets it. You are one of the new leaders here, and just wanted to take a minute to thank you for your contributions on the intros. Thanks for all that you do.

Offline Nomore1959

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2015, 07:36:00 PM »
Quote from: ChickDip
Quote from: pab1964
Quote from: D2maine
way to quit! congrats on making the Hall today!
Congratulations on hunde! See you at 200 my friend. Keep doing what you're doing it's obviously working. Damn proud to be quit with you!
Happy HOF day to you NoMore!! here's to many more +1's
Very proud of you!
The help and encouragement from each of you made it easier. On the 200 ... right now I'm happy to see the rest of the A-Team make the hall, and then enjoy the September dojo on their 100s. Enough +1s the numbers get bigger. For now it's post EDD, quit ODAAT, and pass the help you gave me forward. Thanks again!

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Quit Date: 3/30/2015
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
  • Likes Given: 2097
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2015, 03:59:00 PM »
Quote from: pab1964
Congratulations on hunde! See you at 200 my friend. Keep doing what you're doing it's obviously working. Damn proud to be quit with you!
Happy HOF day to you NoMore!! here's to many more +1's
Very proud of you!
July 2015 Jackals - House of WUPP
"....the load doesn't weigh me down at all, he ain't heavy he's my brother"
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.
"If you haven't... Quit now......If you have... Stay that way " ~AppleJack
"Make It Through Today" WarE2013 (Rest Easy)
"I am quit... for today... with you... but not FOR you" ~LBP
"Endeavor to Persevere!" Lone Waite

my intro / my HOF speech / my comma club
Building a Strong Quit / My HOF Day

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2015, 09:35:00 AM »
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline D2maine

• Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: quit 2-19-2012!
  • Likes Given: 95
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2015, 07:39:00 AM »

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2015, 11:13:00 AM »
Day 93, one week to the hall. Feel good, have annual physical later this week. Still using fake dip, although less of it.
Fakes better than the real stuff. You know the roll here as long as it's not nic and it work. Week from Hof, awesome for you! You know what got you this far don't change a thing
Quit on my friend!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline Nomore1959

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2015, 06:46:00 AM »
Day 93, one week to the hall. Feel good, have annual physical later this week. Still using fake dip, although less of it.

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2015, 09:38:00 PM »
Day 79. 3 weeks to the hall, but enjoying the first of the A-Team reaching the hall. Complacency is the big enemy right now. Few craves, but I still catch myself reaching for the tin that isn't there -- kinda on autopilot. Otherwise I do feel good, mouth feels good, bp is lower, etc. 3 weeks might as well be 3 years, but ODAAT and it will sneak up on me.
Doing great my brother, remember 80,81 there all special when you're free! Damn proud to be quit with you today my friend!

Offline Nomore1959

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2015, 04:41:00 PM »
Day 79. 3 weeks to the hall, but enjoying the first of the A-Team reaching the hall. Complacency is the big enemy right now. Few craves, but I still catch myself reaching for the tin that isn't there -- kinda on autopilot. Otherwise I do feel good, mouth feels good, bp is lower, etc. 3 weeks might as well be 3 years, but ODAAT and it will sneak up on me.

Offline Nomore1959

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2015, 10:41:00 AM »
Day 64. Still on cruise control, sleep a bit off last week. Easing off the fake -- just don't get the oral craves as much. In a couple weeks, the A Team will start hitting the hall. I look forward to that distraction / celebration to strengthen my quit.