Author Topic: This is it, time to take my life back!!!!;  (Read 2535 times)

Offline 30yraddict

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Feb 13, 2011
  • Likes Given: 67
Re: This is it, time to take my life back!!!!;
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2012, 07:22:00 AM »
Quote from: Navy
Well it's day 3 and I'm still kicking the shit outta this beast. I am really getting this day by day. It feels good and bad at the same time. Can't wait to get this nic outta the system.
Excellent job Tom! It is going to get much better real soon.

Offline Navy Tom

• Quitter
  • Interests: I like all types of sporting and outdoor activities. I'm a huge Oregon Duck fan. I'm from the Northwest, so ofcourse outdoors is where I want to be. In the Navy right now, In Lemoore, CA. and there isn't much to do here. Can't wait to head back to Washington
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2012, 06:25:00 AM »
Well it's day 3 and I'm still kicking the shit outta this beast. I am really getting this day by day. It feels good and bad at the same time. Can't wait to get this nic outta the system.
You can never make the same mistake twice...because the second time you make it, its not a mistake, its a choice
Quit Date: 07/18/2012

Offline Wedge

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2012, 05:48:00 PM »
Quote from: pavetheway
Quote from: billybill3934
Quote from: carumba10
Welcome NT and BB !

Good to see more Duck fans. I tailgate at least once a year at Autzen.

YELL
Duck fans against dip! Let's start a new topic with that title and get all the Duck fans together
It will definitely be a "Special" section. 'shortbus'
At least they'd have Nike as a sponsor.

And you guys would have to wear hideous shirts to match the uniforms.

Offline pavetheway

• Quitter
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2012, 05:44:00 PM »
Quote from: billybill3934
Welcome NT and BB !

YELL
Duck fans against dip! Let's start a new topic with that title and get all the Duck fans together
It will definitely be a "Special" section. 'shortbus'

Offline billybill3934

• Quitter
  • Interests: My wife and 2 young children keep me happy and busy most of the time but when I get a spare moment you can catch me in a historic area or park metal detecting or up on the river sluicing for some gold or with a fishing pole in my hand. I also like hunting, hiking, and anything else exciting or outdoors. I like all sports and recently got into volleyball.
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2012, 05:38:00 PM »
Welcome NT and BB !

YELL
"I quit today until tomorrow then quit again"
29MAY2013-QUIT!
WIN THE DAY
My HOF Speech
HOF:05SEP2013
My Intro

Offline carumba10

• Quitter
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2012, 04:27:00 PM »
Welcome NT and BB !

YELL
Quit Date: March 23 2012

I am Quit today. Tomorrow ?
Not impressed with rants from the 'Do As I Say Not As I Do' crowd.

Offline billybill3934

• Quitter
  • Interests: My wife and 2 young children keep me happy and busy most of the time but when I get a spare moment you can catch me in a historic area or park metal detecting or up on the river sluicing for some gold or with a fishing pole in my hand. I also like hunting, hiking, and anything else exciting or outdoors. I like all sports and recently got into volleyball.
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2012, 03:57:00 PM »
Quote from: Kubrick
The Ducks are invading! Noooooo!

Welcome Tom. Great choice. I'm a former Marine (and an Oregon St. Fan) so we'll have to give each other a good ribbing some time.

I chewed for 22+ years and I quit 118 days ago. If I can do it anyone can. The first week will not be fun, but you can pull through. Once you do, the freedom it worth it.

If you need support, please PM me your number.
The ducks will always beat the beavs!!!!lol
I'm on day 2 and I keep finding myself reaching for my pockets and then I realize that I don't have anything in there. That's when I either grab a stick of gum, jolly rancher, or some seeds. I will PM my number all the support I can get would be great.

GO DUCKS!!!!!
GOOOOOO Ducks!!!!! HAHAHAHA
29MAY2013-QUIT!
WIN THE DAY
My HOF Speech
My Intro

Offline Navy Tom

• Quitter
  • Interests: I like all types of sporting and outdoor activities. I'm a huge Oregon Duck fan. I'm from the Northwest, so ofcourse outdoors is where I want to be. In the Navy right now, In Lemoore, CA. and there isn't much to do here. Can't wait to head back to Washington
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2012, 02:32:00 PM »
Quote from: Kubrick

Welcome Tom. Great choice. I'm a former Marine (and an Oregon St. Fan) so we'll have to give each other a good ribbing some time.

I chewed for 22+ years and I quit 118 days ago. If I can do it anyone can. The first week will not be fun, but you can pull through. Once you do, the freedom it worth it.

The ducks will always beat the beavs!!!!lol
I'm on day 2 and I keep finding myself reaching for my pockets and then I realize that I don't have anything in there. That's when I either grab a stick of gum, jolly rancher, or some seeds. I will PM my number all the support I can get would be great.

GO DUCKS!!!!!
You can never make the same mistake twice...because the second time you make it, its not a mistake, its a choice

Offline Radman

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Family and friends. Other than that, anything outdoors....motorcycling, shooting, hunting, fishing, racing.
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2012, 12:34:00 PM »
Quote from: Grizzly25
Quote from: Mthomas3824
Hi I'm Tom Hendrickson and I had been a dipping for 16 years. This is day one of my new life without tobacco. I'm originally from Oregon and I joined that Navy when I was 20. I'm currently 28 and I need to start a new. It has been really hard to quit in the past because I didn't have the support that I believe I will get here. I am committed to give up nicotine, I want to see my kids grow old.  I know that this is going to be the hardest thing that I have ever done in my life. I have tried to quit before but this is it. The support that I see with this group is amazing. I can't wait to get past the first few days and start on my new life but it will be one day at a time. I'm lucky to have someone close to me quitting as well. billybill3934. I look forward to meeting all of you and feeding off eachother to slay this beast.

QUIT DATE: 07/18/2012 DAY 1

Welcome to quit-ville. This is the greatest reality show. Nic rages, drama, comedy, sex, conflicts, triumphs and failures.

You already sound like you know you are headed to hell. I want you to know, you are right. If you just post roll every day you wake, only worry about the day at hand, (never think long term or past quitting today) you will walk out of hell. The shackles that held you captive will be gone and life is better nic free. You wont think that for a while though.

Can I ask you three question to publicly respond to?

1) Why quit now? What is the motivation today. Many dippers want to see their kids grow old. Who is telling you to quit?

2) Why do you believe this quit isn't just a pause like the past. Sure you have support and a good website but why is this quit different. You do all the work still.

3) What have you given to the tobacco industry and what did you get in return.

Happy you quit today but I just want to ensure you are ready for a war! If you are I want you battling with me and by my side. I lost a friend yesterday because he wasn't prepared. He went back to the nic bitch so my piss is hot and I am ready to beat the dog shit out of tobacco. Just want to make sure you are on board before we join up. I go to war to win not to bullshit and fuck around.

ARE YOU READY???

Thank you for the support.
1) I am quitting now because I want to do it. In the past, I have had a lot of pressure to quit dipping from the outside and that is why I have quit. This time it is because I know it really doesn't have to control me. I spend so much money on tobacco and I could be using it for something useful.

2)This time I have already made a mental change. I already feel better because I can express how I feel and there are other who have gone through what I am feeling. This is my time to quit. I am no longer a dipper. I am never going to allow something to control my life like this again. It will be hard but I will resist the urges. The tools that I have read about on the site are going to definitely help.

3) I have given the tobacco company my time and money and in return they have tried to kill me. I allowed this though. They know what it does to people but yet they are only caring about the money. I no longer want to support their business.

I thank you again for the questions. It helps to get your feelings out there. It takes your mind off of dipping. I'm ready for this. Fuck tobacco.

Love the attitude, let's do this!!!

AWESOME response!!

Quit on Quiter!

PM me if you need any more numbers to increase your accountability!

Very nice indeed. You, sir, have your head in the game. Keep it that way, and this war is winnable. I was a user for over 19 years, if I figure it right, and quit 674 days ago. I'll support you every step.

Don't hesitate to reach out if you have questions.

Offline Grizzly25

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Every and all sports, fishing and hunting.
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2012, 11:56:00 AM »
Hi I'm Tom Hendrickson and I had been a dipping for 16 years. This is day one of my new life without tobacco. I'm originally from Oregon and I joined that Navy when I was 20. I'm currently 28 and I need to start a new. It has been really hard to quit in the past because I didn't have the support that I believe I will get here. I am committed to give up nicotine, I want to see my kids grow old.  I know that this is going to be the hardest thing that I have ever done in my life. I have tried to quit before but this is it. The support that I see with this group is amazing. I can't wait to get past the first few days and start on my new life but it will be one day at a time. I'm lucky to have someone close to me quitting as well. billybill3934. I look forward to meeting all of you and feeding off eachother to slay this beast.

Welcome to quit-ville. This is the greatest reality show. Nic rages, drama, comedy, sex, conflicts, triumphs and failures.

You already sound like you know you are headed to hell. I want you to know, you are right. If you just post roll every day you wake, only worry about the day at hand, (never think long term or past quitting today) you will walk out of hell. The shackles that held you captive will be gone and life is better nic free. You wont think that for a while though.

1) Why quit now? What is the motivation today. Many dippers want to see their kids grow old. Who is telling you to quit?

2) Why do you believe this quit isn't just a pause like the past. Sure you have support and a good website but why is this quit different. You do all the work still.

Happy you quit today but I just want to ensure you are ready for a war! If you are I want you battling with me and by my side. I lost a friend yesterday because he wasn't prepared. He went back to the nic bitch so my piss is hot and I am ready to beat the dog shit out of tobacco. Just want to make sure you are on board before we join up. I go to war to win not to bullshit and fuck around.

ARE YOU READY???

1) I am quitting now because I want to do it. In the past, I have had a lot of pressure to quit dipping from the outside and that is why I have quit. This time it is because I know it really doesn't have to control me. I spend so much money on tobacco and I could be using it for something useful.

2)This time I have already made a mental change. I already feel better because I can express how I feel and there are other who have gone through what I am feeling. This is my time to quit. I am no longer a dipper. I am never going to allow something to control my life like this again. It will be hard but I will resist the urges. The tools that I have read about on the site are going to definitely help.

3) I have given the tobacco company my time and money and in return they have tried to kill me. I allowed this though. They know what it does to people but yet they are only caring about the money. I no longer want to support their business.

I thank you again for the questions. It helps to get your feelings out there. It takes your mind off of dipping. I'm ready for this. Fuck tobacco.

AWESOME response!!

Quit on Quiter!

PM me if you need any more numbers to increase your accountability!
"Remember you are either getting better or getting worse, nobody stays the same!" Woody Hayes

"Winning! That's all we do around here brotha! Failure is not an option, remove it as an option and the possibilities are endless...." Bruce317 5-18-2012

"...We'll be heroes or ghosts...But we won't be turned around." Wastepanel 6-15-2012

"A QUITTER NEVER HAS TO GO THROUGH THE SUCK AGAIN!" tgafish 6-1-2012

QUIT LIKE FUCK MY BITCHES!!!

PATIENCE LIKE FUCK MY BITCHES!!!

Quit Date: 2-6-2012
HOF Date: 5-16-2012
HOF Speech

Offline Kubrick

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 3/24/2012
  • Interests: Guiar, bass guitar, Flyfishing, shooting, photography
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2012, 11:31:00 AM »

Quit date 03/24/2012
HOF date 07/01/2012

"The only regret I ever see on this site is from those who fail..." - Sac

My Intro

Offline billybill3934

• Quitter
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2012, 01:51:00 AM »
Quote from: Wt57
Congrats Tom you have it down and are beginning to find tools to quit! And to billy you are a bad ass quitter!
Thanks Wade! I am so happy I got my brother to see the light, tonight
After I got done bbqing some ribs I started to really get a crave and was really snappy with my kids. I was running around all day and hadn't sat down since I got home from work. I ate dinner at 9:30, when I finished my lip started to quiver for a dip but I quickly went to brush my teeth and lay down in bed. That was the hardest crave I have had thus far and to be honest it wasn't strong enough to make me think of grabbing the keys and heading to cave. I really feel strong especially when I get to put it into words after the fact. Signing off, good night to all you quitters and a special good night to my brother (NavyTom) we got this bro!!!
29MAY2013-QUIT!
WIN THE DAY
My HOF Speech
My Intro

Offline Mthomas3824

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2012-03-14
  • Interests: Living my life and never turning back to the can of lies.
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2012, 10:56:00 PM »

ARE YOU READY???

Quit And Be Free

HOF Speech

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2012, 09:45:00 PM »
Congrats Tom you have it down and are beginning to find tools to quit! And to billy you are a bad ass quitter!
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline Navy Tom

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2012, 05:36:00 PM »

ARE YOU READY???