Author Topic: Trying to get the nerve  (Read 2761 times)

Offline Grievous Angel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: Jan 5, 2015
  • Likes Given: 8
Re: Trying to get the nerve
« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2015, 07:24:00 PM »
Quote from: zquitter
Quote from: Gordon
I am so excited for day 3 LOL, worst part is I dont smoke at all, never have, but co-workers come in and smell like smoke, and it sets off a craving, if those would just go away.
In my experience the craving levels are like this.

Day 1 - 10: Really really suck
Day 11-30: Really suck
Day 30-100: Suck
Day 100 on: Get stronger every day. Still get craves.

It takes time to reprogram your brain. Stay strong!
It's different for everyone.

I had a bad first day.

Every day after it got better and within a week I felt OK. Day 13 now I still have minor craves but nothing unmanageable.

If you are having severe craves I highly recommend Smokey Mtn Wintergreen. I'm not using it now but it was loud (even if you didn't use wintergreen snuff).

Whatever it takes. I think if you can get through the first (which you did), you can get through the second. If you can beat the second one, you can conquer the third. And so on.

Hang in there.

Offline Grievous Angel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: Jan 5, 2015
  • Likes Given: 8
« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2015, 07:18:00 PM »
Gordon did you quit today or yesterday? Your profile says today, but you posted roll yesterday.

Did you have a day 1 cave?

Edit: doesn't look like it. We're going with Jan 16 being your quit day . . you posted yesterday. Today is the 17th, your 2nd quit day.

Offline erick

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-11-24
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2015, 07:11:00 PM »
Gordon I'm here for you if there is anything I can do let me know. Have you tried seeds or gum to fight off the cravings? Maybe at least while you're waiting on the Smokey Mountain to get to you. Just don't pick up another bad habit to replace your old bad habit.

Offline zquitter

• just another quitter
  • Epic Quitter
  • stay quit my friend
  • Interests: the most interesting quitter alive
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2015, 07:10:00 PM »
I am so excited for day 3 LOL, worst part is I dont smoke at all, never have, but co-workers come in and smell like smoke, and it sets off a craving, if those would just go away.
In my experience the craving levels are like this.

Day 1 - 10: Really really suck
Day 11-30: Really suck
Day 30-100: Suck
Day 100 on: Get stronger every day. Still get craves.

It takes time to reprogram your brain. Stay strong!
---------
'boob'

Offline Gordon

• Quit Date: 2015-01-17
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2015, 07:04:00 PM »

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: Nov 18, 2014
  • Interests: I am a Christian. By grace through faith.....I asked God to show me the truth. And He did. I am a believer! Wife of 30 Years, Golf, Hunting, All sports...Romans 10:9-13
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2015, 06:59:00 PM »
It will get easier...
You stay or here and keeping talking and reading.... That's what support is allowed about...
Everybody here feels the same as you.. Especially on day 2!
Best quote on here is.. It sucks until it doesn't....
You can do this and you will be do grateful that you did....
PM me anytime....
I believe.....

Offline Gordon

« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2015, 06:55:00 PM »
Yeah its just crazy man, angry that I started, angry that I still want it, and angry that I cant have it. I got it though, I will win, not the dip.

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: Nov 18, 2014
  • Interests: I am a Christian. By grace through faith.....I asked God to show me the truth. And He did. I am a believer! Wife of 30 Years, Golf, Hunting, All sports...Romans 10:9-13
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2015, 06:48:00 PM »
Why you angry?
Tell us about it.... Angry cancer took your friends life?
Angry you can't have what you think you need? Angry you started tobacco?
That anger needs to be pointed to the Nic B$#@h... She is the one that hooked you, and lies to you. You made the decision to start this, and you have a great start going...
It's OK to get mad..... Make sure you know why..... You have been lied to over and over...
You don't need Nic. You will die.
Don't let her beat you.
Talk to us....
Don't want to sound like an ass, I'm mad too brother... My father in law is dieing... They took his tongue out and tried to replace it with a muscle from his forearm. It's not pretty.
I believe.....

Offline Gordon

« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2015, 06:35:00 PM »
This shit is crazy, Im on day 2 and fuckin angry as hell right now... WTF

Offline hobo924

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-12-31
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2015, 06:18:00 PM »
Well I flushed the trophy dip, and glad I did it now, becuase Im hurtin right now and pretty sure I wouldnt have been able to flush it tomorrow and I would have caved. By far best decision of the day.
Good for you. Quitting hard with you today. Keep it up!

Offline Stat

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2015, 05:02:00 PM »
The next few days are going to be tough, but you can fight through it. No one regrets quitting.

Some days are hour by hour. Seriously... I remember creating milestones throughout the day because quitting for an entire day seemed to long.

Have alternatives (gum, seeds, snack nuts, whatever...I once stuck a bag of tea in my cheek). Exercise helps a lot. Work out as much as you can. I found it to be the time when I felt about normal during the early days. I had workouts that were so good that I hit weights that I has not done in 15 years. If you need to, do some sort of body movement exercise every hour.

Feel free to jump in your group and contact anyone here for help or guidance or mere conversation.

Offline Gordon

« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2015, 04:46:00 PM »
Well I flushed the trophy dip, and glad I did it now, becuase Im hurtin right now and pretty sure I wouldnt have been able to flush it tomorrow and I would have caved. By far best decision of the day.

Offline Steakbomb18

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 12/13/2013
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2015, 03:52:00 PM »
Quote from: Scowick65
Well gents I just posted in my roll call. There is a thing called a time zone difference, and I was asleep, so excuse me for closing my eyes. So this is the beginning of my day 2 and I am already irritated, so excuse any disrespect taken.
Great job friend!
Good man. You have one more thing to do...flush the trophy dip and you'll be money.
Certified Grade A Badass

Offline Gordon

« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2015, 02:08:00 PM »
Yeah I cant get either of them, and I ordered some smokey mountain already, but its gonna be about 10 days before it gets here.

Offline gooch44

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-10-19
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2015, 01:47:00 PM »
Thanks men for the support, I just decided now that a mouthful of coffe grounds would help. DO NOT FUCKING DO THIS. LOL
Um, yeah, that's disgusting. I don't know if they sell fake chew over there but u can order it online. Best I found was Smokey Mountain. They have all kinds of flavors. Give it a try. Otherwise the ground beef jerky is ok too.
Caving = Failure. Failure is NOT an option.