Author Topic: Trying to get the nerve  (Read 2760 times)

Offline erick

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-11-24
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Trying to get the nerve
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2015, 09:33:00 PM »
This should be your quit group..April 2015
I havent posted roll either but the welcome center should give you a little more to go on

And flush that one last dip you taped shut too.

Offline Gordon

• Quit Date: 2015-01-17
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2015, 09:20:00 PM »
Joe,
Im doin it man. Cant seem to find the 2015 Quit Group though. Either way Step 1 done, cans fuckin flushed.

Offline BazookaJoe

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: August 4, 2014
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2015, 09:13:00 PM »
A waste?? What the fuck are you talking about? I have 166 days quit and I've SAVED over $1200 and quite possibly my life. I flushed can after can in the many stoppages I had before I grew enough hair on my ass to give it up for good. You can do it too but you gotta want to do it for YOU. If you have any doubt about quitting or you're harboring thoughts if being able to dip at some point in the future, you're not going to make it.
If you want to do this, it's very simple.
1. Flush your stash of any product containing nicotine
2. Post roll call in the newest quit group every damn day
3. Get active in your quit group (don't post and ghost)
4. Collect phone numbers of other quitters for offline accountability

There, I laid it out for you. Quit 101. If you can't follow that I can't help you.

Offline Gordon

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2015, 09:03:00 PM »
Whatever, just flushed it and I have a can with one dip left, I taped it shut and wrote "LAST DIP" its my motivator.

Offline erick

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-11-24
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2015, 08:53:00 PM »
Just flush it all...think about waste later...when you are free from nic and then you'll realize what the true waste is and has been this whole time.

Just flush it.

Offline Gordon

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2015, 08:40:00 PM »
Its crazy though, theres that feeling of yeah i need to quit and I want to quit, but I am having this really hard time envisioning myself flushing my last 3 cans, seems like such a waste.

Offline 30yraddict

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Feb 13, 2011
  • Likes Given: 67
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2015, 08:35:00 PM »
Gordon,

Of course you want dip right now... just like a heroin addict wants another hit. You are a nicotine addict. The following is a page dedicated to smokeless tobacco alternatives that can help with the acute symptoms of withdrawal. http://www.killthecan.org/your-quit/smo ... ernatives/
Seeds, chewing gum, fireballs are also alternative that you can use to manage craves.

You can do this if you want to... we can help, but not until you are ready to quit. You have a decision to make... do you want this, or don't you? You never know if that next dip is going to be the one that starts the chain reaction that leads to oral cancer.

Offline redtrain14

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Family, hunting, fishing, running, mountain biking, swimming, building shit, and anything else that sounds like fun.
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2015, 08:34:00 PM »
I can tell you how to get started but you have to flush those cans first.

Oh wait....I just told you.

Go flush them....now!!

Offline Gordon

Trying to get the nerve
« on: January 16, 2015, 08:23:00 PM »
So I work a lot of midnight shifts, and when it gets boring nothing passes the time better than dip. I have been dipping for 17 years now, and I recently lost a friend of mine to cancer. It opened up my eyes quite a bit, but I still cant find the willpower to quit dipping. I have 3 cans left right now, and dont know where to go from here. Even talking about dipping makes me want one.