Author Topic: Introduction Time  (Read 4477 times)

Offline tony

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Introduction Time
« Reply #79 on: August 18, 2012, 11:27:00 AM »
I dont think I asked for forgivness in my "confession". I smoked hookah with some friends, and fucked up. Thats really all there is to it.
Quit since 3/25/12

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #78 on: August 18, 2012, 11:02:00 AM »
Quote from: Kubrick
Quote from: Buddy
Quote from: tony
Also, I had a black and mild around day 92 or so.  I'm sorry I didn't say anything...I fucked up..
Don't know if you will see this, because you are "out" but if you smoked a black and mild on day92 and continued to post days , I AM GLAD YOU ARE OUT. Caving is forgivable and fixable,preventable. Lying to the people on this site is a character flaw that can't be repaired and I dont' have time for that and don't deserve it and no one on this site does.
Good Luck with your life
So you posted roll for 55 days after having a cigar? That's pretty pathetic.
WTF!! Can't blame chat! I was up all fucking night bored and craving like a son of a bitch! I didn't cave I pushed through the whole night! I have worked 120 hours so far this week, the whole week has been filled with with craving after craving after craving. Again I didn't Cave! I posted roll every day I you took time to mail you numbers. You have the numbers of every person in July that would give numbers out. No excuses I just can't accept it right now!! The lie I cact forgive sorry!
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline Kubrick

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 3/24/2012
  • Interests: Guiar, bass guitar, Flyfishing, shooting, photography
« Reply #77 on: August 18, 2012, 10:47:00 AM »
Quote from: Buddy
Also, I had a black and mild around day 92 or so.  I'm sorry I didn't say anything...I fucked up..
Don't know if you will see this, because you are "out" but if you smoked a black and mild on day92 and continued to post days , I AM GLAD YOU ARE OUT. Caving is forgivable and fixable,preventable. Lying to the people on this site is a character flaw that can't be repaired and I dont' have time for that and don't deserve it and no one on this site does.
Good Luck with your life
So you posted roll for 55 days after having a cigar? That's pretty pathetic.
Quit date 03/24/2012
HOF date 07/01/2012

"The only regret I ever see on this site is from those who fail..." - Sac

My Intro

Offline Kubrick

• Quitter
« Reply #76 on: August 18, 2012, 10:44:00 AM »
Tony,

You have been spotty on roll. While you might think this was just an accident or whatever, I think you've been planning it for a while. Maybe not up front in your mind, but subconsciously, just like the cave before you joined our group way back in March. Figure it out man.
Quit date 03/24/2012
HOF date 07/01/2012

My Intro

Offline T-Cell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2012-02-10
  • Interests: Flyfishing, ice hockey (go Avs, go Pioneers!).Wife Sandra, 2 adult kids.
« Reply #75 on: August 18, 2012, 10:27:00 AM »
Quote from: TonySelle
Quote from: ERDVM
100 days ago I doubted you had what it takes to stay quit.  I doubted your sincerity based on your age and history.  Tony, I am proud as fuck that you proved me wrong.  Don't let up now.  Quitting still requires guts and nuts.  Remind yourself everyday. 

Vadge
Exact same story for me, Tony. I didn't think you could stay quit for the same reasons Vadge lists. Nice job, keep it up and keep proving us wrong!
Damn it, I hate when I'm proven right. Dude, I have no idea why you want to keep restarting your quit, but obviously deep down you do not take this as life or death. Hookas? Wasn't it cigars last time? I wish you the best, but multi-time cavers don't get my respect or support...
Fish, eat, sleep. Repeat.
quit date 2/10/12
HOF date 5/19/12
1 Year 2/10/13
2 Years 2/10/14
8th Floor 4/19/14

Offline tony

• Quitter
« Reply #74 on: August 18, 2012, 09:02:00 AM »
Quote from: kstampfly
Also...where the fuck is live chat? I tried to jump in there earlier tonight, before I caved...its timing out?
Tony,

Dude it really sucks you gave in to a damn hookah but you know what you got to do now. Pick yourself off the damn floor, crawl your ass back in here and start posting roll again. Don't give in again man, it's not worth it.

Kstamp
poof
Quit since 3/25/12

Offline kstampfly

• Quitter
    • http:
« Reply #73 on: August 18, 2012, 08:59:00 AM »
Also...where the fuck is live chat? I tried to jump in there earlier tonight, before I caved...its timing out?
Tony,

Dude it really sucks you gave in to a damn hookah but you know what you got to do now. Pick yourself off the damn floor, crawl your ass back in here and start posting roll again. Don't give in again man, it's not worth it.

Kstamp
Quit Group:
June 2022 No Lip Turd Herd

Quit Date:  13 March 2022
HOF Date:  20 June 2022

Offline tony

• Quitter
« Reply #72 on: August 18, 2012, 08:42:00 AM »
Quit since 3/25/12

Offline mikegooch

• Quitter
  • Interests: Real Estate Auctions, Speaking, Ventriloquism
« Reply #71 on: August 18, 2012, 08:33:00 AM »
As I posted in my group, I failed.  I had hookah tonight with friends, and left the nicotine free quitting.  I dont have any specific "who, what, when, where, why" other then that I fucked up.  I had a bowl of shisha, which has nicotine in it.  I appreciate the support with the assistance in quitting the dip, but I dont feel right posting after having ingested something with nicotine in it.
I had no idea what the hell hookah  shisha was.. "googled".. Looks to me like that is just a very expensive way to get a nic fix. Are you a dipper or a smoker - both? A nic addiction is a nic addiction I suppose.. I have no desire to hit a hookah..unless you could put a fat ass BUD in there or something! Just kidding been sober since 2003 as well.. still looked like a BFB if you ask me? (big fucking bong)... I don't really blast others for caving here and I have taken some shit for it.. I support you in your quit.. Don't give up and keep coming back! Gooch

Offline tony

• Quitter
« Reply #70 on: August 18, 2012, 07:26:00 AM »
As I posted in my group, I failed. I had hookah tonight with friends, and left the nicotine free quitting. I dont have any specific "who, what, when, where, why" other then that I fucked up. I had a bowl of shisha, which has nicotine in it. I appreciate the support with the assistance in quitting the dip, but I dont feel right posting after having ingested something with nicotine in it.
Quit since 3/25/12

Offline T-Cell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2012-02-10
  • Interests: Flyfishing, ice hockey (go Avs, go Pioneers!).Wife Sandra, 2 adult kids.
« Reply #69 on: July 05, 2012, 04:40:00 PM »
Quote from: ERDVM
100 days ago I doubted you had what it takes to stay quit. I doubted your sincerity based on your age and history. Tony, I am proud as fuck that you proved me wrong. Don't let up now. Quitting still requires guts and nuts. Remind yourself everyday.

Vadge
Exact same story for me, Tony. I didn't think you could stay quit for the same reasons Vadge lists. Nice job, keep it up and keep proving us wrong!
Fish, eat, sleep. Repeat.
quit date 2/10/12
HOF date 5/19/12
1 Year 2/10/13
2 Years 2/10/14
8th Floor 4/19/14

Offline ERDVM

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Cold Beer, Warm Whiskey, Good Friends, Loose Women.
« Reply #68 on: July 03, 2012, 12:13:00 PM »
100 days ago I doubted you had what it takes to stay quit. I doubted your sincerity based on your age and history. Tony, I am proud as fuck that you proved me wrong. Don't let up now. Quitting still requires guts and nuts. Remind yourself everyday.

Vadge

Offline Greg5280

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • BONAFIDE QUIT BEAST
  • Quit Date: 10-30-2009
  • Interests: Golf, Running, Cycling, Being outside, Spending time with my family. Quitting and helping newbies.
« Reply #67 on: July 02, 2012, 06:03:00 PM »
Quote from: Mthomas3824
Quote from: Greg5280
I have this hanging on my wall in my office.

"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and its purpose in the service of your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.

Always give a word or a sign of salute when meeting or passing a friend, even a stranger, when in a lonely place. Show respect to all people and grovel to none.
When you arise in the morning give thanks for the food and for the joy of living. If you see no reason for giving thanks, the fault lies only in yourself. Abuse no one and no thing, for abuse turns the wise ones to fools and robs the spirit of its vision.

When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home."
Wow that is good. Where did you get it? I think I would like to put that in my office as well.
It is a Speech given by Tecumseh. Pretty easy to find on the internet.

Offline Kubrick

• Quitter
« Reply #66 on: July 02, 2012, 02:38:00 PM »
My quit plan is this:
1. Post roll every day, and if that is not possible, tell the group ahead of time why. Like this week, I'm going on a backpacking trip with my dad for a week. I don't think I'll have cell access where I'm going, but if I did I will text someone that I am quit. My dad is not a tobacco user and knows about my struggle with nicotine.
Otherwise, posting roll every day, first thing in the morning in one of the most important things to do
I'm calling you out. You've been pretty good, but you have missed roll for more than 1 day in a row a few times. And if I remember correctly, you got snippy with another July member when they checked up on you about it.

You missed yesterday (I think), but I see roll this morning. So are you going to live up to your quit plan? Or fade away after the HOF tomorrow?
Quit date 03/24/2012
HOF date 07/01/2012

My Intro

Offline SWJ

• Quitter
« Reply #65 on: July 02, 2012, 02:23:00 PM »
Bro, take it from me, it ain't easy to come back.

Fact is, you are back, but you want to make sure you've got your head around whatever it is that you're going to do differently this time.

It could be that you simply want to quit more now than you did before, and that, in and of itself, may be enough to get you through.

My hope is that you go all Genghis on it this time, bro.

I'm rooting for you.
Quit Date: 03/13/12
"I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you."
- Genghis Khan