Author Topic: Intro  (Read 5674 times)

Offline Dagranger

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 06-27-2013
  • Interests: I used to like playing any sport. Now I like coaching any sport. Hiking, camping, biking. I work out a lot but I hate it.
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: Intro
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2014, 08:42:00 PM »
Quote from: Scowick65
Quote from: osage
Quote from: gooch44
Thanks to u all! I appreciate the encouragement. Day 3 was the hardest so far. I felt like punching a hole through the wall. Exercising has helped and I went with another members advice and got some fake chew. It kinda feels like cheating but it helped a lot yesterday.
Keep it up!! Read as much as you can on KTC. There is so much information and bad ass quitters. Use it.
nice job!
Gooch you're getting lots of support here. Live up to attention you are getting by bringing it everyday. Post roll, then live up to it. If it helps I still fuck up posting roll, but every morning I'm posting roll before I do anything else.

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2014, 08:02:00 PM »
Good job gooch. You are doing this!
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline Spence249

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2014, 07:53:00 PM »
Welcome to the nuthouse Gooch! There's alot here to help you quit, curb your craves or just pass the time. Welcome aboard!

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2014, 03:55:00 PM »
Quote from: osage
Thanks to u all! I appreciate the encouragement. Day 3 was the hardest so far. I felt like punching a hole through the wall. Exercising has helped and I went with another members advice and got some fake chew. It kinda feels like cheating but it helped a lot yesterday.
Keep it up!! Read as much as you can on KTC. There is so much information and bad ass quitters. Use it.
nice job!

Offline OSAGE

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2014, 03:52:00 PM »

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
  • Keeping my jaw and tongue, I like them.
    • I'm The Owner of this Place.
  • Quit Date: May 25, 2012
  • Interests: "Being Quit" Today, just Today.Moving on to more of life before the light is gone.
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2014, 01:23:00 PM »
welcome goochie.
You made it to the quittin' school.
read up everyday. learn about the poison and what it really is.
we keep it simple here because it works.
Post roll EDD your feet hit the floor or after you piss.
Honor your word..your word is good right?
Wake and repeat...
We do it ODAAT and NAFAR, period
This site is powerful. The weapons are here for you to slay nictotine one day at a time, one minute at a time if need be.
Whatever it takes to "not" put the poison in your mouth Today.
It gets better and easier. I promise.
Glad you're here.
Cheers.
Keeping my jaw and tongue...I like them.
It's poison I tell ya, You wouldn't drink Liquid Drano, would ya?

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2014, 12:34:00 PM »
This is good stuff man!
The key to your survival is wrapping your head around the one day at a time mindset. Today has enough trouble of its own... Concentrate on it instead of looking too far ahead. Each day brings your true freedom into sharper and sharper focus. Everything you need to succeed is already mapped out for you... Follow the trail we've blazed.
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline gooch44

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-10-19
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2014, 12:27:00 PM »
Caving = Failure. Failure is NOT an option.

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2014, 12:22:00 PM »
Plenty of time to figure out computer/phone intricacies, the important thing is that you are QUIT! nice job getting this far-- one day at at time from here on out, it really adds up. There will be rough patches, but being on day 4 you are through a critical part- your body is clean of the nicotine! and you've made it through 4 challenges! you can take whatever comes your way. Keep it up, make friends here (that's critical, they really help) and learn all you can about the addiction- that helps with motivation and you need to know the enemy. Proud to quit with you Gooch!
This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!

Offline starr_78

• Quitter
  • Interests: Way too much football, golf, real wrestling not pro, and hockey. I like to go pheasant hunting and shooting all sorts of guns. Cooking and eating are two more big hobbies of mine haha.
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2014, 12:19:00 PM »
I finally figured out how to post roll and just did it. I couldn't figure out how to cut and paste with my new phone
Good job Gooch! Proud to have you aboard with KTC. It is a really easy formula for quitting nicotine of all forms. Post roll everyday stating to the entire site and all of the members you are not going to use any form of nicotine for that day, and then stick by your word and do exactly that. We take this ODAAT (One Day At A Time) You can as well.

Offline gooch44

• Quitter
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2014, 12:12:00 PM »
I finally figured out how to post roll and just did it. I couldn't figure out how to cut and paste with my new phone

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 12:08:00 PM »
You're damn right you can do this Gooch! If I did, you can. The secret is to learn how and why we post roll and do it everyday. Make friends that you can lean on. There is a lot of support here for you if you reach out for it. Welcome. I will be looking for your roll post in January 15'.

Offline gooch44

• Quitter
Intro
« on: October 22, 2014, 11:53:00 AM »
I was a slave to Skoal straight since I was in high school. I switched to pouches a few years back, telling myself they were "safer". Then I said I would quit on my 40th bday, but of course that came and went. Now my 41st is creeping up. I am on day 4 and it's been rough. But here I am standing strong. I can do this!