Author Topic: Intro  (Read 5677 times)

Offline Done4Me

• Epic Quitter
  • Interests: Family, Beach, Fishing, BBQ
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Intro
« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2014, 02:20:00 PM »
Quote from: gooch44
It's been a whole week and it's great. Longest week I've had in a long time but I'm feeling great about this. I'm leaning heavily on this site and it's working. My mindset seems to have switched from constantly thinking how I'm going to get past a craving to I don't want to let myself and supporters down. Day 8 is all I'm concentrating on today.
Keep the focus, all your focus on your quit. You will continue to be in quit euphoria for ~30 days then you'll begin to have sporadic funks. Eight days is awesome. Keep it up.

Offline gooch44

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-10-19
« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2014, 02:04:00 PM »
It's been a whole week and it's great. Longest week I've had in a long time but I'm feeling great about this. I'm leaning heavily on this site and it's working. My mindset seems to have switched from constantly thinking how I'm going to get past a craving to I don't want to let myself and supporters down. Day 8 is all I'm concentrating on today.
Caving = Failure. Failure is NOT an option.

Offline Steakbomb18

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 12/13/2013
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2014, 09:33:00 AM »
I love this quit that you've started. Starts off with a roller coaster of quit rage coupled with some self-realizations and a touch of humility. Now you've jumped in head first, full on quit and using this site to the max. You're journaling your quit on your intro, while supporting other newbies and vets alike on theirs. Gooch, this is how you quit like fuck. As my boy AppleJack says, get involved and stay involved. Keep it up and continue being a leader.
Certified Grade A Badass

Offline gooch44

• Quitter
« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2014, 01:06:00 AM »
Thank God for Smokey Mountain. Came in very handy tonight. 7 days!!!!!

Offline gooch44

• Quitter
« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2014, 05:15:00 PM »
Getting a little easier every day. I can't believe I've made it 7 days! A couple months ago I never would have thought I could make it this long without. The support has been great and I have a friend who quit 2 yrs ago so I've been able to lean on him. Have a great weekend everyone.

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2014, 01:17:00 PM »
Quote from: rdad
I was at a major fundraiser last night. Had a few drinks but didn't cave and I had lots of opportunities to do so. Many chewers in the room but I stood tall. Again....lesson learned
Good job gooch. Every test survived makes your quit stronger. keep it up. Beware the booze early on. Lowered defenses are quit killers. Be on your guard all the time.
Not to harp but... Listen to our advice on the booze. It's VERY important to understand that it can become a replacement crutch to fill the seeming hole quitting is leaving in your life.

It's a dangerous vice this early in you quit.

Dude... You're killing this. Doing all the right things and being open about the pain of this. We get it! We've been through it too. Remember one thing ~ you're not alone. I'll repeat... Get involved and stay involved. All the support, motivation, and momentum you need to carry you along is found right here.

Rock it, man!
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2014, 01:08:00 PM »
I was at a major fundraiser last night. Had a few drinks but didn't cave and I had lots of opportunities to do so. Many chewers in the room but I stood tall. Again....lesson learned
Good job gooch. Every test survived makes your quit stronger. keep it up. Beware the booze early on. Lowered defenses are quit killers. Be on your guard all the time.

Offline gooch44

• Quitter
« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2014, 11:03:00 AM »

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2014, 08:20:00 AM »
Quote from: 30isEnuff
I wasn't prepared to deal with the craves after drinking. Lesson learned. One day at a time and I'm still standing. And I don't lie. I posted roll earlier but I did it again after I was told it didn't show up. Still learning.
Quitting and learning and re-wiring go hand in hand. Your process of quit will grow stronger with each daily event of posting roll and taking nic off the table for Today.
I quit with You today. Just Today.
Fuck the craves. You're a quitter. Kick the craves to the curb ODAAT. One minute at a time when you need to. Exercise, water, gum, seeds, peanuts, candy, desk drawer. Desk drawer? Yeah. Place penis in desk drawer, slam = no more crave. LOL You got this brother. What ever it takes to "not" put the poison in our mouth for Today.
We are in this together.
Take what you need, give what you can, leave the bitchin' to the bitches.
1 problem + nicotine = 2 problems.
Cheers.
Drinking early on is a quit killer for many. It lessons inhibitions. Recommend staying off the sauce or significantly limiting it for a while. You can do this! QLF today.
Quit date: 6/23/2013
HOF Date: 9/30/2013

HOF Speech

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
  • Keeping my jaw and tongue, I like them.
    • I'm The Owner of this Place.
  • Quit Date: May 25, 2012
  • Interests: "Being Quit" Today, just Today.Moving on to more of life before the light is gone.
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2014, 06:42:00 AM »
I wasn't prepared to deal with the craves after drinking. Lesson learned. One day at a time and I'm still standing. And I don't lie. I posted roll earlier but I did it again after I was told it didn't show up. Still learning.
Quitting and learning and re-wiring go hand in hand. Your process of quit will grow stronger with each daily event of posting roll and taking nic off the table for Today.
I quit with You today. Just Today.
Fuck the craves. You're a quitter. Kick the craves to the curb ODAAT. One minute at a time when you need to. Exercise, water, gum, seeds, peanuts, candy, desk drawer. Desk drawer? Yeah. Place penis in desk drawer, slam = no more crave. LOL You got this brother. What ever it takes to "not" put the poison in our mouth for Today.
We are in this together.
Take what you need, give what you can, leave the bitchin' to the bitches.
1 problem + nicotine = 2 problems.
Cheers.
Keeping my jaw and tongue...I like them.
It's poison I tell ya, You wouldn't drink Liquid Drano, would ya?

Offline gooch44

• Quitter
« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2014, 06:17:00 PM »

Offline midwest04z

• Quitter
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2014, 05:37:00 PM »
Yes I did, but I think I did it wrong. My phone isn't the greatest when it comes to copying and pasting. But I did post sometime around 11:30. Btw, thx for the words of encouragement. Not serious? This is the longest I've gone without tobacco in 23 years. So I have one bad night after drinking and now I'm not serious? Please feel free not to post anymore on this thread.
Gooch, I know you're raging hard right now and we are here to support each other...sometimes the support is in a loving ball coddling way and sometimes it is an in your face, sack up type of support. If you are having trouble posting roll, then get help, practice, what ever it take to make sure your name is on the roll call. It is the foundation of this site and the means by which your integrity is measured around here. Are you serious about quitting? How about taking some time off of alcohol? It has ended many quits early. We are here for you man...but you have to dive in to this completely. No half assed, yeah I posted roll but now its gone shit. Check back in on your group and learn to fix bumps etc. Quit with you gooch.
Quit Date: 8-9-13
HOF Date: 11-16-13 Proud NOV '13 Skydiver

Caving is not an option - Do something else!

Offline gooch44

• Quitter
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2014, 04:55:00 PM »
Yes I did, but I think I did it wrong. My phone isn't the greatest when it comes to copying and pasting. But I did post sometime around 11:30. Btw, thx for the words of encouragement. Not serious? This is the longest I've gone without tobacco in 23 years. So I have one bad night after drinking and now I'm not serious? Please feel free not to post anymore on this thread.

Offline Done4Me

• Epic Quitter
  • Interests: Family, Beach, Fishing, BBQ
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2014, 04:45:00 PM »
Thumblewort, you are right. I was being a hypocrite last night. I had too much to drink after a long ass week and lost control. It was the alcohol, stress, and extreme want of a dip that lead to me blowing up. Good news is I didn't cave and stayed strong. Bad news is I have a bad hangover. I apologize for the rant...that was dumb.
In worse news, you haven't posted roll today. What the fuck.

This guys is not serious. He will not be here long.

Offline gooch44

• Quitter
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2014, 02:24:00 PM »
Thumblewort, you are right. I was being a hypocrite last night. I had too much to drink after a long ass week and lost control. It was the alcohol, stress, and extreme want of a dip that lead to me blowing up. Good news is I didn't cave and stayed strong. Bad news is I have a bad hangover. I apologize for the rant...that was dumb.