Author Topic: It's go-time -- nervous anxiety and all...  (Read 4657 times)

Offline Bean

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: It's go-time -- nervous anxiety and all...
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2014, 04:53:00 PM »
Don't worry about screwing up Roll Call. I think I fucked it up 3 or 4 days straight...maybe more? But, you're NIC FREE. And that is all that matters.

Here's another thought...don't "hope" you can quit. Just quit.

Also, turn the anxiety to exhileration. Shit, just hearing up your quit fires me up. You're living free, brother. YOU GOT THIS!!!

Now quit fucking up our Roll Call. :P

Offline B-loMatt

• Quitter
  • Interests: Cooking, gameing, music, sports, the outdoors. Spending time with my family is my biggest hobby, I have two little girls who are my number 1 priority (for real now that I kicked nic out of my life)
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2014, 03:28:00 PM »
Drink the kool-aide and follow the KTC path! It works. No doubt quitting nicotine is super hard, but the more you quit the better it gets. Listen to the advice already given and read everything here. PM me if you need anything.

Offline Jlud007

• Quitter
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2014, 02:46:00 PM »
Quote from: Krusty
Thanks for the quick response -- incredibly reassuring to know there's a no-BS community out there that can relate to the state of mind I'm in right now. And can appreciate the extraordinary fear of falling back to old devices, justifications, etc. My mind is probably operating at 10% capacity (which isn't saying much), but I think I successfully joined  posted roll to the May 2014 group. If not, feel free to e-slap me and/or tell me what I missed. Thanks brothers.
Welcome Krusty,

I'll repeat what others have said, check out the welcome center and read, read, read all you can here. You will find a story somewhere that you could swear was you.

Post roll every day, I fixed your post today. Don't worry you'll get the hang of it the first few days will suck as the thick fog of your physical withdrawal from nicotine. Drink plenty of water and find some sunflower seeds, candy, gum, whatever floats your boat. Just remember, No Nicotine in any form.

Check your inbox for number, text or call before you decide to put the poison in your mouth or just for support. Make contacts early, they will save your quit down the road.

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2014, 02:37:00 PM »
Quote from: Krusty
Thanks for the quick response -- incredibly reassuring to know there's a no-BS community out there that can relate to the state of mind I'm in right now. And can appreciate the extraordinary fear of falling back to old devices, justifications, etc. My mind is probably operating at 10% capacity (which isn't saying much), but I think I successfully joined  posted roll to the May 2014 group. If not, feel free to e-slap me and/or tell me what I missed. Thanks brothers.
your name is on there Krusty, good enough even though you fucked iit up. It counts and your on the hook. No nicotine today.

Congrats on quitting brother!!!!!!

hheahahehahaehehahaaaahahah ------------------Krusty the Klown laugh
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline Krusty

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2014, 02:32:00 PM »

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2014, 02:11:00 PM »
Quote from: grizzlyhasclaws
Stand up and breath in the air. Go outside and take deep breaths. You are alive and you are free. You will crawl through a river of shit for the next 3-4 days, but you can do it. You are a free man.

You will not be ruled by a little can of dog shit. Make the choice, make your promise for today, honor your word, and be FREE!!!

Drink water, exercise, chomp on seeds, gum, whatever. Take some naps. You can do it. Tell your wife what is going on.

Read all the intros, HOF speeches, and for goodness' sake post roll with your group, May 2014.
Well krusty you can do it and it will most likely suck worse than most anything you've done before. We like remembering the suck it's another motivation. Once your name is on the May 14 roll call let the shit begin because if your a man of your word you won't break the promise.
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline pbrain04

• Quitter
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2014, 02:09:00 PM »
Read everything on this website. Learn about your addiction and why you feel like this. Learn about how bad nicotine truly is for you. Learn how to post roll and make some friends.

58 days ago I felt exactly like your post. Now I am free. So are you. Welcome. You are in the right place.

PB

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2014, 01:59:00 PM »
Stand up and breath in the air. Go outside and take deep breaths. You are alive and you are free. You will crawl through a river of shit for the next 3-4 days, but you can do it. You are a free man.

You will not be ruled by a little can of dog shit. Make the choice, make your promise for today, honor your word, and be FREE!!!

Drink water, exercise, chomp on seeds, gum, whatever. Take some naps. You can do it. Tell your wife what is going on.

Read all the intros, HOF speeches, and for goodness' sake post roll with your group, May 2014.
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 01:45:00 PM »
Read this: index.php?showforum=13

It explains the hows, whys and such of roll call. Our mission? To quit today.

Read and then....I want your name on that roll call. Promise me you will quit today? We will work together on today. We will worry about tomorrow when the time comes.

Offline Krusty

• Quitter
It's go-time -- nervous anxiety and all...
« on: January 28, 2014, 01:40:00 PM »
Mind is racing, tough to concentrate, and nervous just thinking about not dipping when the usual urges / times of day arrive today. Got an acupuncture treatment last evening and have another one this afternoon -- hoping (praying?) that some sort of physical act in the first few days will convince myself that this is for real and not yet another half-baked attempt that will fall flat on its face when the first significant urge / opportunity / excuse / justification arrives. Just stumbled upon this site and want / expect it to be a crutch. If any HOFers or veterans are out there that can direct me to Roll Call and any other highly recommended posts / diversions, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks all.