Author Topic: New to the site  (Read 1851 times)

Offline peters6278

• Quitter
  • Interests: QuittingPerusing the topics here at KTCHomebrewingDrinking craft beerPlaying with my KidsShooting SportsRunning/Weight LiftingAnything involving power tools
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: New to the site
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2014, 03:57:00 PM »
Quote from: pbrain04
Quote from: peters6278
Looks like we lost him.
next

Don't get discouraged Jeff. You are paying it forward and getting involved. You aren't going to reach everyone. I'm not that much farther than you. 64 days. I have had more new quitters ignore me/disappear than respond. Just part of it. Keep reaching out.
No worries pbrain. My quit ain't goin' anywhere. I'm always sad to see someone fail, but the quit group only gets stronger for those that have persisted. A little culling of the herd now and then leaves a stronger herd after all.
Living the dream, one day at a time.

Quit Date 01/10/14
HOF Date 04/19/14

Offline pbrain04

• Quitter
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2014, 01:06:00 PM »
Looks like we lost him.
next

Don't get discouraged Jeff. You are paying it forward and getting involved. You aren't going to reach everyone. I'm not that much farther than you. 64 days. I have had more new quitters ignore me/disappear than respond. Just part of it. Keep reaching out.

Offline peters6278

• Quitter
  • Interests: QuittingPerusing the topics here at KTCHomebrewingDrinking craft beerPlaying with my KidsShooting SportsRunning/Weight LiftingAnything involving power tools
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2014, 12:20:00 PM »
Looks like we lost him.

bhadd,

If you're still lurking around the site, why not join up with the May group? There are some solid quitters in there. Swallow you pride and suck it up. It's a whole lot better that shoving that cancer-causing dog shit in your pie hole every day.

Quit Date 01/10/14
HOF Date 04/19/14

Offline peters6278

• Quitter
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2014, 01:11:00 PM »
I reached out to him earlier in his quit, but never heard back from him. I sent him a PM today as well to see how he's doing and if he needs some support.

Quit Date 01/10/14
HOF Date 04/19/14

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2014, 07:39:00 PM »
Anyone seen this Cat he is looking like a one and done kind of guy. No answer on a PM either.
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2014, 02:21:00 PM »
bhadd,

Welcome to our April 2014 HOF quit group. I'm in here right along side of you, just a few days ahead of you in my quit. I can't really add much to what the veterans below have said. Keep up the fight...it will get easier! At the end of today (day 2) you'll be more than half way through the physical withdrawl portion of your quit and most of your physical symptoms will start to subside after that. While you're toughing it out, be sure to read anything and everything you can find on this forum. No matter how strange or unique something you're feeling may sound to you....someone else here on the site felt it too during their quit and were able to power through it. Solicit them for advice on how they dealt with it, and you will get through it too.

Take a minute and introduce yourself to your quit Group (on the Roll Call page). Look back to last week and you'll see the format most of us used to do so.

PM me anytime if you have questions or want to share your story, or you just want to chat or vent. I'd be happy to pass along my phone number to you.

Most importantly...post roll EVERY DAY and reach out to you quit buddies.

-Jeff
(peters6278)
Thanks for this post Jeff. Way to reach out! Sage advice as well.

Offline peters6278

• Quitter
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2014, 02:11:00 PM »
bhadd,

Welcome to our April 2014 HOF quit group. I'm in here right along side of you, just a few days ahead of you in my quit. I can't really add much to what the veterans below have said. Keep up the fight...it will get easier! At the end of today (day 2) you'll be more than half way through the physical withdrawl portion of your quit and most of your physical symptoms will start to subside after that. While you're toughing it out, be sure to read anything and everything you can find on this forum. No matter how strange or unique something you're feeling may sound to you....someone else here on the site felt it too during their quit and were able to power through it. Solicit them for advice on how they dealt with it, and you will get through it too.

Take a minute and introduce yourself to your quit Group (on the Roll Call page). Look back to last week and you'll see the format most of us used to do so.

PM me anytime if you have questions or want to share your story, or you just want to chat or vent. I'd be happy to pass along my phone number to you.

Most importantly...post roll EVERY DAY and reach out to you quit buddies.

-Jeff
(peters6278)

Quit Date 01/10/14
HOF Date 04/19/14

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2014, 02:07:00 PM »
Quote from: bhadd
Day 2...Feeling the Blues but promising myself it is all worth it. I've got a headache (probably from my mind fighting my body) and lack focus because of cravings. I have no triggers at this point as I am used to having a dip the greater part of every day. I'm hangin in there and taking things minute by minute as B Lo advised me yesterday.

Nice job man... That's huge. Keep this in mind too... Tomorrow, day 3, 72 hrs of being quit... Nicotine is gone from your body. The battle doesn't even begin to stop there but it's a milestone to celebrate. A big one. Every +1, whether it be another minute, another hour, another day... Is a win for you bro. Rock on...
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline bhadd

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2014, 01:41:00 PM »
Day 2...Feeling the Blues but promising myself it is all worth it. I've got a headache (probably from my mind fighting my body) and lack focus because of cravings. I have no triggers at this point as I am used to having a dip the greater part of every day. I'm hangin in there and taking things minute by minute as B Lo advised me yesterday.

Offline B-loMatt

• Quitter
  • Interests: Cooking, gameing, music, sports, the outdoors. Spending time with my family is my biggest hobby, I have two little girls who are my number 1 priority (for real now that I kicked nic out of my life)
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2014, 12:43:00 PM »
Quote from: Scowick65
Quote from: traumagnet
Welcome,
Congrats on making the best decision of your life to quit. We quit only once all other times are just stoppages. I feel your pain(read my HOF for pain reference) remember how fucking awful you are feeling right now embrace it. This will be the last time you ever have to go through it. Get through the withdrawals and then the mental game begins. stay close to the site PM me if you need anything.
T
I am glad you found us. This site offers all of the tools to give the nic bitch the finger. Post roll each day like you did today. Help someone out each day in your group. Read, read, read. When you post roll each day and invest in yourself and others you will crush her.

Shout if you need help. The quit Sherpas will arrive quickly.
You can do this! Read everything on KTC and own your quit. Fight like your life depends upon it. Get through the day minute by minute if you have to. PM me if you need anything.

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2014, 11:48:00 AM »
Quote from: traumagnet
Welcome,
Congrats on making the best decision of your life to quit. We quit only once all other times are just stoppages. I feel your pain(read my HOF for pain reference) remember how fucking awful you are feeling right now embrace it. This will be the last time you ever have to go through it. Get through the withdrawals and then the mental game begins. stay close to the site PM me if you need anything.
T
I am glad you found us. This site offers all of the tools to give the nic bitch the finger. Post roll each day like you did today. Help someone out each day in your group. Read, read, read. When you post roll each day and invest in yourself and others you will crush her.

Shout if you need help. The quit Sherpas will arrive quickly.

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2014, 11:15:00 AM »
Welcome,
T
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

MY HOF speech

Offline bhadd

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2014, 11:10:00 AM »
Today is day 1 for me. It feels good to to say "I quit and I'm taking my life back from the satin soil that has controlled me for 25 years". My body however, is giving my brain the middle finger. Cravings, triggers, headache and lack of focus are my problems thus far for the day. All the advice on here tells me to focus on quitting for today and don't think about tomorrow. I will have to say my mind isn't even to that step yet. I'm focusing on the hour and not worrying about the next hour.

Offline bhadd

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2014, 06:08:00 PM »
Thanks for all of the advice and support quitters. After work today I stopped by the store and got some smoky mountain and jerky chew. The smoky mountain was heavy on the wintergreen side but was ok for the oral fix. The jerky chew I felt satisfied me more. I will keep experimenting if the two of these products get old

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2014, 03:51:00 PM »
Welcome,
Agree with what has already been told to you. This quit is for YOU and you alone. It is ok to be selfish with it. Have your wife read the spouses section of the site.

People who have never been addicted have no fucking clue what you are going through they cant even fathom every cell begging for a hit of nicotine a substance more dangerous than snake venom and the most addiction chemical on earth. You have come here we know what you are going through we also can recognize a bs addict line in a heartbeat so keep those to yourself and reach out to anyone and everyone you can.

You need help PM me I will give you my number. Balls in your court
T

MY HOF speech