Author Topic: This is my final, "final" attempt  (Read 2565 times)

Offline slug.go

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/23/14
  • Interests: Family, motorcycles, all sports, hunting, fishing, guns
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: This is my final, "final" attempt
« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2014, 04:40:00 PM »
Quote from: Sapper
Quote from: Casasanta
I attempted to quit last August and failed miserably - picked up the nasty habit and told myself I was going to quit Jan. 1, 2014. I have done better, but I have had the occasional chew every few days and then I'm back to square 1.

Today is my dad's birthday, and I am making the commitment to myself and him that I am done for good. I have been able to pick up on some stuff that has helped me so far this year, like only chewing gum when I'm having a craving, and drinking a SHIT TON of water all the time.

Any support, tips, or good stories are greatly appreciated!
So, casa, how's that quit going for you? You were a 100% poster until Friday, now you've missed three days in a row? Where you at bro!
Inquiring minds want to know...(please don't tell me a diet coke kicked your ass again)
Quit since 1/23/14

Offline Sap

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2014, 04:36:00 PM »
I attempted to quit last August and failed miserably - picked up the nasty habit and told myself I was going to quit Jan. 1, 2014. I have done better, but I have had the occasional chew every few days and then I'm back to square 1.

Today is my dad's birthday, and I am making the commitment to myself and him that I am done for good. I have been able to pick up on some stuff that has helped me so far this year, like only chewing gum when I'm having a craving, and drinking a SHIT TON of water all the time.

So, casa, how's that quit going for you? You were a 100% poster until Friday, now you've missed three days in a row? Where you at bro!
If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic? - Sam Harris

What the hell is a meatless, cheeseless pizza? Isn't that a breadstick? Doc Chewfree

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2014, 01:19:00 AM »
Quote from: srans
Good questions! Here's what I can say:

1. I went away for business, and a small craving popped up. I didn't have any alternatives with me so I started drinking a coke (mistake). Shoulda gone to water. I caved, found a store, and bought a can.
I've seen people lose wives and jobs. I've seen people lose important people in their lives and remain quit. I've seen just about everything you can think of and remain quit. Your telling me that while on a business trip you had a coke and that caused you to cave. What kinda bull crap answer is that?.?.

This tells me your heart is not in it. Next time the coke gets a little hard for you I got some real intros for you to check out. Some real quitters that made up their minds and are still quit like fu**. They used determination, drive, accountability and the information on this site. A COKE,, really, you can do better.
I say really a coke made you cave...hmmm Sounds pretty weak you are also a spell past 1 JAN14. We do or do not there is no try. It appears you have been mentioned in another intro all I have to say if he is your corner you are gonna have to want it. That dude is a solid quitter he wont take an excuse like coke either will we. You want to quit you have to quit for you no one else. keep posting plus ones.
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2014, 10:54:00 AM »

1. I went away for business, and a small craving popped up. I didn't have any alternatives with me so I started drinking a coke (mistake). Shoulda gone to water. I caved, found a store, and bought a can.
I've seen people lose wives and jobs. I've seen people lose important people in their lives and remain quit. I've seen just about everything you can think of and remain quit. Your telling me that while on a business trip you had a coke and that caused you to cave. What kinda bull crap answer is that?.?.

This tells me your heart is not in it. Next time the coke gets a little hard for you I got some real intros for you to check out. Some real quitters that made up their minds and are still quit like fu**. They used determination, drive, accountability and the information on this site.  A COKE,, really, you can do better.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2014, 10:26:00 AM »
Quote from: Pinched
Whoa there horsy...

You know the deal. You cave in October of 2013 and thus owe your old group and your new group some answers first.

1 - what happened?
2 - why did it happen?
3 - what are you going to do differently?
Quote from: Casanta

1. I went away for business, and a small craving popped up. I didn't have any alternatives with me so I started drinking a coke (mistake). Shoulda gone to water. I caved, found a store, and bought a cant.
2. It happened because I didn't have the balls to admit I had a problem - I just went back to my original way of dealing with things which was by chewing.
3. What I am going to do differently this time around is to keep my wife more informed - she was unaware the last time I slipped up, but we are both on the same page now. I am also going to use new resources, such as extended family and other things that will help me take my mind off of my substance abuse.
Casanta,
Thank you for responding to the questions. My advice this time would be to use that network of accountability (phone, text, chat) and remain quit.

I travel a lot for work too, but as you now know keep the tools with you at all times.

Look in your inbox for a PM with my number in it, I will be happy to be one of your accountability martyrs.

P
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2014, 09:59:00 AM »

one intro brother! look back at the list and find your original
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline Casasanta

• Quitter
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2014, 09:58:00 AM »

Offline slug.go

• Epic Quitter
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2014, 09:55:00 AM »
Quote from: Pinched
Whoa there horsy...

You know the deal.  You cave in October of 2013 and thus owe your old group and your new group some answers first.

1 - what happened?
2 - why did it happen?
Thanks, Pinched. I didn't even think about that. Come clean, Casa!
Quit since 1/23/14

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2014, 09:51:00 AM »
Whoa there horsy...

You know the deal. You cave in October of 2013 and thus owe your old group and your new group some answers first.

1 - what happened?
2 - why did it happen?

Offline slug.go

• Epic Quitter
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2014, 09:29:00 AM »
Casa,
Knuckle down, gut it out this time. You're on Day 1, you KNOW what lies ahead in the next few days. You've gone through the SUCK before, you can do it again. Don't do it just to throw it away. Sign that contract and keep it with you. Get some phone #s, make some online/text/phone contacts. Tell your family/friends that you QUIT. FOR TODAY and for every today. Hold yourself accountable. Post roll, no nic, repeat daily. Exercise, load up on H2O, arm yourself with gum, fake dip, seeds, whatever you need.
Bunch of bad ass quitters in May...welcome aboard!
Quit since 1/23/14

Offline FIGHTIN-IGNORANCE

• Quitter
  • Interests: Studying the "Word", My Two Boys, Hunting, fishing, Softball, Roller Hockey, learning to play acoustic guitar,
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2013, 04:59:00 PM »
Quote from: 30isEnuff
Quote from: Radman
Having a really tough time today - On Day 18 and my mind is racing. Not sure if it's the stressful day at work I've had so far or what but it's driving me nuts.

I KNOW...this will pass, and this is all a part of the growing that I have to overcome when it comes to dealing with triggers.

Stress for me was a huge trigger because I knew that I could always rely on "old faithful" to be there to help.

I will not cave...being as strong as humanly possible to get through this!
Stressful days don't mean shit to you, bro. Hang tough, you can do this.

1 problem + nicotine = 2 problems

It's just that simple.

You got numbers? Reach out and use them.

You don't have numbers? You need to send some PMs RIGHT NOW and get that fixed.
Stress for me was a huge trigger because I knew that I could always rely on "old faithful" to be there to help.

Learn that "old faithful" IS POISON...learn it, hate it, know the enemy and those who promote it.

ODAAT and NAFAR
Post roll... the earlier the better for a strong quit.
Keep your word...even if it means being humble.
Wake and repeat...

Cheers to You and yours.
Hey Casasanta,

Glad you texted me. Did know you were struggling at the time. "Old Faithful" as 30isnuff explained is a crapload of addiction thinking. Nic was faithful alright... Faithful at havin you want her more.. Faithful at takin your money...,Faithful at havin you isolate yourself.. Faithful at bringin you closer to cancer.. Faithful at being a wise ass con-artist.. Screw that weed brutha... The weed actually makes your stress worse and that is scientific. It increases your anxiety.. Look it up dude and don't let the weed lie to you anymore. Stay strong and keep texting if you need too! QUACK! QUACK!
Quit Date 6/26/2013
DUCK FIP'S FOR LIFE!!
'KICKIN THE CAN' All Day Long!
Complancency sucks,one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

Someone, somewhere out there is suffering through a more intense crave than me and that person is staying quit. As will I. -JoeMellow

The connection of a common problem is strong, but the connection of a common solution is even stronger.-gorilla1

When we think we can't quit... We can... Cause ducks fly together... When the craves are to much to handle... Us ducks fly together.... When you want to cave... You won't... Because ducks fly together. Per our Jpete328
Freedom Started 06/26/2013....Freedom continues because of my choice and accountability from MY FELLOW DUCKS! QUACK ! QUACK! Thank You!

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
  • Keeping my jaw and tongue, I like them.
    • I'm The Owner of this Place.
  • Quit Date: May 25, 2012
  • Interests: "Being Quit" Today, just Today.Moving on to more of life before the light is gone.
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2013, 02:25:00 PM »
Quote from: Radman
Having a really tough time today - On Day 18 and my mind is racing. Not sure if it's the stressful day at work I've had so far or what but it's driving me nuts.

I KNOW...this will pass, and this is all a part of the growing that I have to overcome when it comes to dealing with triggers.

It's just that simple.

Learn that "old faithful" IS POISON...learn it, hate it, know the enemy and those who promote it.

ODAAT and NAFAR
Post roll... the earlier the better for a strong quit.
Keep your word...even if it means being humble.
Wake and repeat...

Cheers to You and yours.
Keeping my jaw and tongue...I like them.
It's poison I tell ya, You wouldn't drink Liquid Drano, would ya?

Offline Radman

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Family and friends. Other than that, anything outdoors....motorcycling, shooting, hunting, fishing, racing.
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2013, 02:21:00 PM »

It's just that simple.

Offline jrod

• Quitter
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2013, 02:19:00 PM »

Good job posting up. Do you have any quitters on your phone? Reach out to someone. A simple text to a quitter can often take your mind off the stress/craving.

Stand firm, Duck Fip. PM me your number if you need a contact.

Offline Casasanta

• Quitter
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2013, 01:58:00 PM »