Author Topic: This is my final, "final" attempt  (Read 2564 times)

Offline Casasanta

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: This is my final, "final" attempt
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2013, 11:37:00 AM »
Yes it's been a struggle so far today - My head feels like its spinning during meetings at work - One thing I've found to be "therapeutic" has been blasting music on my way to work - it helps me take my mind off of things.

Offline FIGHTIN-IGNORANCE

• Quitter
  • Interests: Studying the "Word", My Two Boys, Hunting, fishing, Softball, Roller Hockey, learning to play acoustic guitar,
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2013, 11:14:00 AM »
Quote from: ParadigmDawg
I'm on day 9 of my quit and one thing I have noticed is my nerve endings coming back to life. My skin tingles a lot, my gums feel achy and sore and just my general comfort level is down while tossing and turning in bed.
To paradigm and Casasanta, I am on day 35... I have went from felling great to feeling like my legs are 400lbs each. Sleeping has been tossing and turning for the last two weeks. I wake up all the time. I am tired and depressed. the fog goes but then seems to hang around in the afternoon. Despite all this shit it is way better then filling my lip with troll shit. My mind is more clear when the fog is gone then it has been in a long time. When I am not feeling depressed the world seems better in many aspects because I can actually take it all in and not need the nic to assist. The negatives are still there but they are less frequent and decreased in duration. All of the positives are really starting to increase and become more real. Keep battling and stay strong.
Quit Date 6/26/2013
DUCK FIP'S FOR LIFE!!
'KICKIN THE CAN' All Day Long!
Complancency sucks,one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

Someone, somewhere out there is suffering through a more intense crave than me and that person is staying quit. As will I. -JoeMellow

The connection of a common problem is strong, but the connection of a common solution is even stronger.-gorilla1

When we think we can't quit... We can... Cause ducks fly together... When the craves are to much to handle... Us ducks fly together.... When you want to cave... You won't... Because ducks fly together. Per our Jpete328
Freedom Started 06/26/2013....Freedom continues because of my choice and accountability from MY FELLOW DUCKS! QUACK ! QUACK! Thank You!

Offline Evil_Won

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: none
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2013, 11:08:00 AM »
Quote from: ParadigmDawg
I'm on day 9 of my quit and one thing I have noticed is my nerve endings coming back to life. My skin tingles a lot, my gums feel achy and sore and just my general comfort level is down while tossing and turning in bed.
I believe the medical term for this odd feeling is called "healing". Embrace it. Not every nic addict is previledged enough, strong enough, to quit and go through this. You are among the few exceptions.
"Dunno about you HP, but LOOT doesn't like getting assfucked, by anyone....and certainly won't chalk it up to 'shit happens'."

Offline ParadigmDawg

• Quitter
  • Interests: Mountain BikingRoad BikingHome Audio
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2013, 10:07:00 AM »
Oh little worm-dirt...you are so scary...F' OFF...!!!

Offline Nolaq

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2013, 10:00:00 AM »
Quote from: Casasanta
...and wake up in the morning, my muscles in my arms and legs would be sore and tight. It was the feeling that I used to get when I would have withdrawals. I am on Day 8 of being Dip Free, and the past two days when I wake up I'm still having these withdrawal symptoms.

I know that it will soon pass, but are these what you call "Dip Dreams?" I've been fighting my cravings and triggers pretty well over the last week, but I'm not sure where these are coming from.

Any words of advice would greatly be appreciated!
Advice - Stay strong. This too, shall pass.

Drink water. Tons of it. Get exercise. Those two things will help circulation and can help with your soreness in the morning.

I'm no doctor, and this is not medical advice, but it helps lots of guys.

Understand and remember that feeling you are having is your body throwing a temper tantrum. It's the nic bitch trying to convince you that you need her. You don't.

Dip dreams - sometimes we will have nightmares that we have slipped and started dipping again. They can be very, very real. Some guys will wake up and think they caved. Be aware of them.

Again, that is just your body trying to figure out any way to get nicotine back in your system. Fight it.

Freedom is worth the fight, my brother. You can do this. If I can, you can.
What is your major malfunction?!?!?!?!

Offline Casasanta

• Quitter
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2013, 09:48:00 AM »
...and wake up in the morning, my muscles in my arms and legs would be sore and tight. It was the feeling that I used to get when I would have withdrawals. I am on Day 8 of being Dip Free, and the past two days when I wake up I'm still having these withdrawal symptoms.

I know that it will soon pass, but are these what you call "Dip Dreams?" I've been fighting my cravings and triggers pretty well over the last week, but I'm not sure where these are coming from.

Any words of advice would greatly be appreciated!

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2013, 08:39:00 AM »
Quote from: worktowin
Thought about some Benadryl or ZZZquil - we will see what happens. Good luck to you man and god bless
I'm sure there are a lot of schools of thought on this, but the bottom line is... Can you believe what nicotine has done to you? Your last few postings are great, and you'll be glad you put them on paper in the not too distant future.

Nicotine is going to make going to the ballgame a test. Nicotine is stealing your ability to sleep. Aren't you glad you kicked that bitch out if your life?

The sleep problems are common. Try to take a nap and never forget this. Ever. Thanks for sharing.
My man worktowin is spot on. Your brain is rewiring. While this is taking place sleep is rough. Your brain is now enjoying the oxygen it was suppose to be getting for years. It is now healing and thanking you for letting it do what it's wanted to do for years. The way it thanks you is by keeping you up all night. One other thing you may be having trouble with is paying attention to any one thing. That's part of it to. Enjoy it,, taste it, feel it. It's all part of taking your freedom back.

Things will get better. Quit with you.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2013, 08:11:00 AM »
Thought about some Benadryl or ZZZquil - we will see what happens. Good luck to you man and god bless
I'm sure there are a lot of schools of thought on this, but the bottom line is... Can you believe what nicotine has done to you? Your last few postings are great, and you'll be glad you put them on paper in the not too distant future.

Nicotine is going to make going to the ballgame a test. Nicotine is stealing your ability to sleep. Aren't you glad you kicked that bitch out if your life?

The sleep problems are common. Try to take a nap and never forget this. Ever. Thanks for sharing.

Offline Casasanta

• Quitter
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2013, 07:42:00 AM »

Offline ParadigmDawg

• Quitter
  • Interests: Mountain BikingRoad BikingHome Audio
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2013, 07:40:00 AM »
Appreciate all the support! On day 5 and still no chew. The one thing I've noticed is I'm having a hard time sleeping at night. I keep waking up several times in the middle of the night. Any ideas on how long that will last?

I also have a true test today - my brother in law is in a baseball tournament today. Got plenty of gum and seeds to get me through the day!
What a loser, day 5...ha.....I'm on day 6....lol....

Congrats man, we will beat this thing together brother. My sleeping was good on day 1-3 but has been poor since then, looks like it's just part of it. I have found that a Benedryl helps some.

Hang in there!
Oh little worm-dirt...you are so scary...F' OFF...!!!

Offline Casasanta

• Quitter
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2013, 07:20:00 AM »
Appreciate all the support! On day 5 and still no chew. The one thing I've noticed is I'm having a hard time sleeping at night. I keep waking up several times in the middle of the night. Any ideas on how long that will last?

I also have a true test today - my brother in law is in a baseball tournament today. Got plenty of gum and seeds to get me through the day!

Offline KC_Guy

• Quitter
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2013, 05:25:00 PM »
Quote from: KC
I was the most degenerate scum bag dipper in the world. 25 years ....all day every day...1-2 cans a day.

How did I quit you ask? Kill The Can. I simply said, "I will not dip today." I would brush my teeth...go to bed. Wake up and do it again.

I'm day 236 quit.

If I can quit. You can quit.

We're counting on you. Now stopping putting that shit in your mouth! KC--aka Jason
I agree with your message. However I am not sure how someone could be a donkey fan living in KC. That's crazy. Lol. Go Chiefs.
Quit Date 05/20/2013

HOF 08/27/13
2nd Floor 12/5/13
3rd Floor 3/15/14
4th Floor 6/23/14
5th Floor 10/1/14

Offline KC Bronco

• Quitter
  • Interests: Family time, Bass & Catfish fishing, golf, coaching baseball, drinking beer with friends and family, reading World War II books, Denver Broncos and Kansas Jayhawks
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2013, 05:20:00 PM »
I was the most degenerate scum bag dipper in the world. 25 years ....all day every day...1-2 cans a day.

How did I quit you ask? Kill The Can. I simply said, "I will not dip today." I would brush my teeth...go to bed. Wake up and do it again.

I'm day 236 quit.

If I can quit. You can quit.

We're counting on you. Now stopping putting that shit in your mouth! KC--aka Jason
?People want to see the car crash instead of the race. But, when you're the one in the car that's crashing, it's not much fun. I'm enjoying the race.?
? Nikki Sixx, Motley Crue

Offline CaliforniaSlim

• Quitter
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2013, 04:00:00 PM »
Nice start, joined and posted roll- excellent. Now, get that thinking straightened out. You were not quit any of those other times. You just stopped for a while. If you want to be quit, then just be quit. There is no "trying" or "hoping" around here. We just do it. Every one of us post roll, every day, like you did today, keep our word, and do it again the next day.
You can do this.
Glad to be quit with you. If you need anything PM me.

Oh... I forgot to mention. Read. Read everything on here. Read HOF speeches, anyone's intro thread. Read it all. It helps understanding and craves and life.

Offline waketech

• Quitter
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2013, 03:56:00 PM »
The end of the road is finally here
Its actually more of the start of the road. You have been sitting in a Cul-De-Sac.